Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Claudia

Hello from Germany

Claudia

Hi all,

i´m Claudia and i´m from germany. scine last week i´m a happy owner of a Dollfie Dream. No character doll, i orderd only a dynamite body and a ddh-02 head,

now she is finished and need a name .

I saw the first Dollfie Dream a few years ago in a japanese magazine. I liked what i saw but it was an unreach Dream for me.

It´s not so eays to get japanese Toys and Collectors dolls to germany and there very expensive.

So i never thought i would buy one.

this month i did it. i spend 450 Euro for her. and i´m happy. i´m still new and have many questions so i hope i will find here answers and good friends to share .-)

thanx

mitsuki

Welcome to the forum, Claudia! Congratulations on your first daughter!

Claudia

Thank you very much i´m very proud of her . i would like to show them here but have no idea how to made the gallery here?

baldylox

Greetings! Nice of you to join up! That's great that you were finally able to adopt a Dollfie Dream! She sounds cute just in your description.... DDdy body and an Aoi style 02 head. I bet she is going to be lots of fun!

Feel free to ask any questions you need here. There are quite a few very knowledgeable people here who are more than willing to lend a hand so don't think you shouldn't ask around about stuff. Ask away!

As for posting pictures, you have to have a certain amount of posts here first before you have the ability to post pictures or have a gallery of your own. But you can upload your pics online to Flickr or Photobucket and then link to them here in a post. That way, you can share pictures of your new girl while you wait for your post count to get up to the correct level.

Glad you joined up and I can't wait to see your new daughter!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Claudia

@ baldylox , cool ..... so here is my daugther.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5060/5468680882_fe61cc7ef2_z.jpg

i was long thinking about and than it was going very fast.

normaly i was more into pullips . smaller , moving eyes and cheaper but quality get more and more low. Last yeart to my birthday i get my first 60 cm BJD so the pricelimit was brocken and in january i decide to buy one . was not easy to find out where because volks usa don´t sent to germany and the japansees site is very dificuld. But woth both sites i made it lol.

its my first face up on a dollfie too but i gess i made a good job .. same on her body .. i know most dont made the body detailed bit i thoght if volks print these details in vinyl i can color them .....i like more adulter dolls as the stupid and childish one .

great is to know that i can ask everything that makes more fun here . i had bad experices with german doll boards. there not so open mindet to newbies and very upset if you ask as a beginner a beginner question which has maybe ask 10 times before. But its normal that you don´t know in the first time in a board where you find the right answers.

so i´m glad to be here you all seems very nice here

thanx

baldylox

Hey Claudia, nice picture! She looks very mature and has some bright eyes! I think you did very good on the faceup. I really like her outfit too, that shirt is very cool!

I have also seen other hobbies be mean to new people. But that makes no sense to me because for a hobby to continue and grow, you have to have new people join it! So helping new people should be the first thing you want to do. That stinks that you had problems on German boards, but at least you found this one and can feel better about asking things to help you out.

Thanks for the picture of your girl, she is quite pretty.

Billy

Claudia

awww thank you soo much , your very nice i´m glad you like her.

Yes, thats what i think too. How to come that hobby closere if people awaits you must be know everything and bein perfect in it. that makes no sence .

I hope my english isnt to bad and i can ask ther right questions

a few i have allready.

First wher e to buy dollfie Dream parts, dolls and cloth in Tokio? a friend will travel this year ro tokio and want bring me something for my dolls.

second.

Where to get dollfie Dream fitting cloth. I saw on volks its all sold out and on ebay there extreme prices.

Other platforms i can´t use because i can´t japanese

maybe there other boards where you can buy and sell used stuff.

150 euro for an outfit is prety much expensive ... i´m not spend that money in my own cloth lol .

baldylox

Claudia,

As for your first question, check the other thread you posted in about the friend going to Japan. I answered you in depth over there.

The second question is a bit harder.

If you want specific clothing made by Volks for the Dollfie Dream and Dollfie Dream Dynamite girls, you either have to go to Volks or an online auction place like Ebay or Yahoo Japan. The only other way is to check classifieds on websites like this one of Figure.fm That's where I get quite abit of my stuff and I also got my first Dollfie from.

Volks clothes are expensive but they are well worth it because the quality and fit are top notch.

I hope this helps you a little.

Billy

Claudia

no i don´t need only Volks cloths but it would be nice to have some esp. for the ddy body. normal ds cloth are to small. I was realy shocked as my girl arrieved and i was packing her out and whoooo whats that ....what a big butt .... lol

she has nearly the proportions of myself.

i have the same trouble with trousers. most are to tight on butt, hips and tights and in the back you have to much space and the belly is over the buttons lol from chest i dont want beginn to talk lol finding a bra is horrobil for me .. so my daugther came much like me from proprtions and that makes normal bjd cloth dificuld.

Volks self has not much cloth i like. its not realy my style i like punk/rock a bit Gothic or sporty stlye. not that ruffels and laces or doll looking cloth. Strong Sexy and what i would wear is more what i thougth.

and i looking to good fitting shoes esp. high heels and boots. can be a bit fetish also.

That figure.fm they have a markedplace on theire board or how can i understand that ?

baldylox

Well, if you just want different styled clothing that will fit your DDdy girl then I have some websites that sell clothes that fit.

Jessica is awesome and she makes excellent clothes. http://nightfallwalker.web.fc2.com/frame.htm

This place also has great clothing and *most* of it will fit the regular DD vody. Not everything fits the DDdy tho. I have found quite a few things that did here tho so just look around and you should be able to figure out what will work for you. http://www.alicescollections.com/clothes-girl-outfits-c-3_28.html

This place also has some nice stuff for the DDdy. This is the main DD page for clothes.

http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Category=185695&Part=bjd08

Check here for their bathing suits: http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Category=185695&Part=bjd11

And their lingerie/underwear: http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Category=389401&Part=bjd10

A lot of these clothes will fit you girl too: http://www.mintoncardinc.com/dolls/browse.php?toys=shop&BJD=58&name=Large+Girls+58+-+60cm&cbh=75

And lastly, I have not ordered from these people yet but I do own a skirt and dress from them and they are nice: http://www.nine9style.net/shop/step0.php?b_code=B20110124051406&c_code=C20110124051406

They seem to have odd styles and some goth stuff too but they don't list clothes as fitting the DDdy or DD bodies. So it's not easy to figure out what will fit your girl on that site.

Hopefully this gives you some options for finding more clothes!

Billy

Claudia

thanx, a few site i know because i have a BJd too. i can tell not all fitting what shoud fit.

From mintoncardinc.com i have order a school uniform. that hasen fit my bjd too. i had ned mde the shirt wider because i dont get it over her butt. now it fitts but i don´t try it to the ddy.

i got also the tartan skirt from them that fitting very tight.

its a big problem because the measuerments are maybe nearly the same but the proportions are difrend and that makes the problem.

but i think i will try and and cross ing my fingers

i will tell you my experiences than

mitsuki

Welcome, Claudia! Your daughter is so pretty and stylish! I love her expression! What is her name?

It is hard to get Volks clothing that has already been released. You are right that they have more frilly things than casual or goth things. If you like anything new that is coming out, you can try to buy directly from Volks International. Some things sell out very fast.

There are also a few clothes released previously still available there. Stuff for SD fits the DDdy body. There are some pant sets and other casual wintery outfits still available:

http://www.volks.co.jp/en/superdollfie/dress/index_dress.aspx

I know what you mean about finding pants that fit. I gave up on trying to buy pants. I just wear skirts instead. At least I have a small bust ©, so I can find decent supporting bras. I would be an M-bust in the DD world.

You are right that figure.fm has a marketplace (classifieds) section. Sometimes DD items are listed there.

There was a re-stock here are at Volks USA for DD option hand parts. They are $22 each.

http://www.volksusa.com/dollfie-dream-option-parts.html

If you want some optional parts available in the US, I can buy them and ship them to Germany.

Claudia

Hello mitsuki,

Thank you very much i´m glad you like her. she had no name yet. can´t find the right fitting name. it must be some cute, stron and mature sound name and not so ordenary .... so much dolls have the name yuna , yuki, yoko, thats to normal for her .

wow that would be great because volks usa don´t aship to germany

i will take alook soon if there is something for me.

I know i had take the normal dd body but thats the problem ... there sooo many dolls with flat chest out there thats nothing specil and i´m a little breast fetishm lol so i deside the ddy and hell i also like that the doll is not sooooo skiny i like more flesh but ist realy pain in the ass that the japanese must everything limited .....

its realy hard to find good things. i have a cool cat bondage pants thats fitting but its very tight now i need a few nice tops which dont looks sooo cpmpact the body thats the other problem....

i guess sometimes you are bettr if you can sew stuff... i will try i´m not sooo good in sewing but i tried a few times for my pullip dolls and one christmas swap for a 70 cm BJD. so maybe i can sew somthing

how is thats figure fm works i don´t understand the concept.....its not a real board more a showing platform ....

mitsuki

If you find something you like at Volks USA, let me know. My email address is mitsuki.zakuro@gmail.com.

It is fun shopping for clothes but you are right that the DDdy is a unique shape. I like it a lot though.

If you look under the classifieds section on figure.fm, you can see various posts of things people are selling. They give an email address and ask for potential buyers to contact them.

http://www.figure.fm/page/en/post/all/classifieds/all/all/all/published/1.html

For example, Baldylox has a post listing clothes that his friend Anne is making that fit DD and DDdy. He lists his contact information at the end of the post.

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/24442/Handmade+DD+DDdy+clothes+for+sale.html

Claudia

cool, thank you very much

i will take a look soon at volks usa maybe i find there some nice fitting stuff and i will let you know. you have paypal right

baldylox

Hey thanks Mitsuki for pimping my sales post!

Claudia, Mitsuki is right that Figurefm has a good classifieds section. The bad thing is that DD and DDdy clothing doesn't come up as often as I would like it to. You can go weeks before seeing a post for these kind of clothes and even then, they sell fast. but keep checking back and hopefully you can find something.

As for names for your girl, if you want a Japanese name that's not ordinary, check this link:

http://www.20000-names.com/female_japanese_names.htm

There are tons of names there that you don't hear every day.

Billy

Claudia

Cool thank you baldylox .-) i will take alook maybe i find the right one

i guess that you have be fast if anypne sell ddy cloth ... well i will see what i geht.

Ilvias you are from european too?

Mitsuki,

i saw that volks us sell on saturday some cloth like alottery is that right?

i also saw they have gergular pumps for them ... i sa some for 9 $ and some for 40 do you know the difrence?

mitsuki

This Saturday, regular items from Dolpa Tokyo 24 will go on sale at Volks USA. There are some nice DDdy styles.

Later there will be a lottery for Dolpa Kyoto 8 limited items at both Volks USA and Volks International. A couple months after that, Kyoto 8 regular items will be available at Volks USA.

There are cheap plastic pumps that fit DD for less than $10. I think they are very tight. One guy on figure.fm sanded his because they were pressing into the vinyl feet of his DD. The more expensive pumps are made like real shoes with patent leather and are very nice quality. I have some like that. They are very nice.

I have a Paypal account. At this Saturday's Tokyo 24 regular item sale, you can only buy one of each thing. I am trying for some items for another forum member (tall brown leather boots and the blue suede boots). If there is anything else you want me to try for, let me know. I can also get option parts (hands, etc) and other shoes at the same time.

Nakitaninja

Hello Claudia!

I'm new too, so we can be new together. Congratulations on your new girl! I can't wait to see pictures~

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

Claudia

thanx mitsuki.-)

i will take alook with my boyfriend what i can buy maybe and if there something i like ...

good to know .... the plastic pumps would be ok but if its nit realy sure they realy fitts ist not a good deal .... than teh leather one are maybe much better ..... i will talk to my boyfriend and see than what i can buy ...... bigger invetions i have to talk with my boyfriend ...

Hello and Welcome nakitaninja:-)

You are from Germany too?

Nakitaninja

Oh no, I'm not from Germany although I hear it is really beautiful! My husband has visited there and loved it! I also recently met my long, lost family in Germany online via ancestry.com. I suppose I am 3rd generation German? Anyhow, they are delightful folks who live in Hamburg. Sorry this is meandering, I just wanted to say hello and give you a big welcome while unintentionally expressing my vague ties to Germany. *^^*

Good luck with your new DD family & I'll see you in the forums!

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

baldylox

Claudia, I can back up what Mitsuki said about those cheaper plastic pumps. They suck.

A pair of those were included in my Volks "Police Woman" set that Rei wears and they were VERY hard to get on her feet! And when I finally did get them on, they weren't even on the bottoms so she could *barely* stand up on her own in them, she had to have a stand for safety.

These shoes are hard to get on and off, don't match up well on the bottoms and are made of super hard plastic. They have almost no flex in them at all. Save the 7 or 10 bucks that they cost and put it towards better shoes. You will be glad you did in the long run.

Billy