Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Cazzie_Bliss

Second DD Faceup on DDH-08

Cazzie_Bliss

HI GUYS! It's been a while, hasn't it? (Well, maybe not too long)

I bought in an 08 head from Mandarake and decided to try my hand at a faceup before deciding I'd fail without even attempting it. I think she ended up looking pretty cute! This is my new girl by the way but I'll do an introduction story on her once her wig arrives! So let's begin.

I wanted to try and get that gradient look I see in a lot of faceups so decided to do a base in this burnt ochre colour. This watercolour pencil was SO nice but it was the only one I had from that brand as I bought it especially for this faceup. I wish I had of stocked up on the browns as my other watercolours felt crummy compared to this bad boy. This step was the most successful in my opinon, haha!

44586566152_4465879732_z.jpg

After sealing, I went at it with my brown watercolour pencil as I'm not confident to do it in paint (also I have no thinner) I also wanted a really nice soft light vibe so pencils work well for that. I spent quite some time trying to make them as symmetrical as possible and they came out okay. I want to upgrade my pencils though ...

30766450378_76b422da45_z.jpg

I went over the eyes again to make them a bit darker as well as add eyebrows. This part was really hard but I got something viable in the end. I also coloured the inside of her mouth.

29698218257_c893d44e06_z.jpg

I tried to go over the brown one more time, really wanting to avoid black, but it was doing nothing at this point so I decided to leave it and move onto blushing. I blushed the cheeks, ears and lips. This part was hard to make look subtle as it wouldn't erase completely either but with a trusty magic eraser I was able to make the blush look a little faded and more natural. I also added a small amount of ochre pastel around the eyes.

42826472460_d8936e5046_z.jpg

Finally she was complete, or as complete as I can get her. I had drawn little blush lines that I love so much but they didn't turn out well so they're very faint but at least I can tell they're there. I also glossed her lips and mouth which is the main thing I regret about this faceup. I don't hate it enough to wipe it though, the look of the eyes outweigh the lips.

44586564752_5be474c3d2_z.jpg

So that's my girl and you'll see her around the forums very soon! While painting this girl the sculpt really reminded me of a cross between Mikuru and Millhi. I can't be the only one who sees this? XD

1201080411_Signature4.png.d6bd2feda415abca0856a7c2e72df054.png                                                                                                     

Amber

she looks really really cute!!! i think you did an amazing job on her faceup! i can't wait to see her with her wig, she is going to be so adorable

Cazzie_Bliss
she looks really really cute!!! i think you did an amazing job on her faceup! i can't wait to see her with her wig, she is going to be so adorable

Thankies!!! I'm super hyped for her wig XD Hoping she won't be bald for long! x

RiverR

She's really cute! Love the gradient effect on the eyes, it looks soft and natural.

May I ask what brand was the burnt ochre watercolor pencil? It looks very nice! (The pencils I have are also quite grainy / crumbly so I want to upgrade too. )

Cazzie_Bliss
She's really cute! Love the gradient effect on the eyes, it looks soft and natural.

May I ask what brand was the burnt ochre watercolor pencil? It looks very nice! (The pencils I have are also quite grainy / crumbly so I want to upgrade too. )

Thank you! Natural is what I was after so I'm glad it comes across as such!

I used Faber Castell - Albrecht Dürer in Dark Naples Ochre for that base! I liked it a lot and plan on getting more in some browns and reds

Anna-neko

The eyes turned out excellent!

lipgloss looks a bit weird... but maybe that's because she hasn't a wig yet, so her lips are calling aaaaaaaaaall the focus to themselves

Cazzie_Bliss
The eyes turned out excellent!

lipgloss looks a bit weird... but maybe that's because she hasn't a wig yet, so her lips are calling aaaaaaaaaall the focus to themselves

I do regret the lips. They don't look as bad in person. Can't wiped gloss though Ty about the eyes tho

RiverR

I think the gloss looks nice. It adds definition. But my favorite part is still her beautiful eyes~

Thank you! Natural is what I was after so I'm glad it comes across as such!

I used Faber Castell - Albrecht Dürer in Dark Naples Ochre for that base! I liked it a lot and plan on getting more in some browns and reds

Thanks for the tip! Definitely got to get some, they look so nice. (^_^)

Cazzie_Bliss
I think the gloss looks nice. It adds definition. But my favorite part is still her beautiful eyes~

The gloss doesn't bother me anymore! I think it looks so dominent in this picture is because it was still a bit wet but it's dried now and I really love everything about her! I'm tempted to get a practise head so I can get better at faceups

Thanks for the tip! Definitely got to get some, they look so nice. (^_^)

You really should! I really should too. They're super nice