Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Eiko82

Smart Doll Valiant

Eiko82

46137796942_109e293b45.jpg

Born with a birthmark on the right side of her face, Valiant was constantly teased as a child and as a teenager - she was constantly told that she should undergo surgery to remove the mark. Made to feel ashamed of what she was until her early twenties, Valiant today lives a life liberated from the shackles of trying to please others and worrying about what society thinks.

No more does she spend time trying to cover up the mark with make up each morning - she lives a life being herself and spends time with those who love her for who she is. But the path to this bravery was not an easy one as we will soon discover…

Valiant - she is a symbol to remind us that we have the ability to chose how we live our own lives instead of having our life dictated by others and what society wants us to be.

Valiant is in production now due for a Q1 2019 release.

I love her and everything she stands for. It's cool that Smart Doll makes inclusive dolls like this.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

marishade

I love the concept! Unfortunately her face-up besides the birthmark is a little too basic for me. Hopefully we will see more of this in the future though! Maybe even another girl with a full face of freckles!

RainbowNanaki

Oh wow, this is super cool!!!

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

Amber

i think this is really awesome and a great idea. i'm sure there are a lot of people who will relate to this doll and would love to have her

archeotech

My first thought was she reminded me of the female lead from that movie "Ready Player One" but when I went to look up pictures of her I found this:

o-BIRTHMARK-LADY-570.jpg?8

Looks like this woman may have been the inspiration for this doll, the shape of the birth mark is very similar and they even have similar eye and hair colour.

Eiko82

Oh wow, Valiant does look like her! Who is she?

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Starwaia

I think she's amazing and if/when I get another Smart Doll, odds are it will be her(and here I was thinking I had sworn off new dolls... well, 2019 is *next* year so who knows what will happen?)... though one thing does bother me. Shouldn't the inner part of her eye socket also have the red on it? As of now it kind of looks as if it was painted on(in human terms, don't worry, I know what a faceup is )but with a deliberate border around the eye. IDK if that was a deliberate choice or a limitation of the way the faces are done but it stands out a lot- much more to me than the mark itself- and I feel it looks less than finished. I would have to get over noticing it before I could get her, or find a way to paint it myself which I am reluctant to do. All in all it's probably just a pet peeve. For all I know that's how the character would look were she human too. I'm not that knowledgeable about birthmarks, but again the eye gap really does stand out even so.

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

cfx
... though one thing does bother me. Shouldn't the inner part of her eye socket also have the red on it? As of now it kind of looks as if it was painted on(in human terms, don't worry, I know what a faceup is )but with a deliberate border around the eye.

I agree with this. There's some closeup pictures from various twitter accounts now where you can see this more:

I don't know all the limitations and quirks of paint masks like are used to do the faceups, but since the upper eyeliner goes inside the eyeholes this should be able to as well.

Maybe it's by choice or a better reflection of a real birthmark but I think that it just doesn't look quite right. Otherwise it seems really well done, soft edges and color variation.

Eiko82

I'm really loving these photos of Valiant. She is a truly remarkable and beautiful.

At the risk of sounding like an awful person, I kinda wish Danny would offer her without the port wine stain. Her faceup is honestly my favourite one on the Starlight sculpt but I worry that I might not like the port wine stain in person. I think the little pointy end near her mouth is too pointy if that makes sense

cirquemom
Shouldn't the inner part of her eye socket also have the red on it? As of now it kind of looks as if it was painted on(in human terms, don't worry, I know what a faceup is )but with a deliberate border around the eye. ....I'm not that knowledgeable about birthmarks, but again the eye gap really does stand out even so.

This would be a very easy fix with a little soft pastel and a q-tip.