Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Traveller

Do your girls stay dressed

Traveller

Over the x-mas break I started to get Sae & Aoi ready for an intro photo shoot with the newest arrival.

While changing Aoi, I noticed she had a slight stain from a check skirt near the top of her of leg from where she has spent about a week sat on a wicker chair.

Her Butt got away stain free, but not the top part of her leg

I'm just wondering now, how long a girl should stay in a certain outfit that is not black or tight fitting, especially of there is not Meets or planned phioto shoots.

Should my girls be sat around in night wear or shorts ?

If you girls do become stained, and you cannot remove the compete stain, do you restrict there style of clothes

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly received, as I now have to destain Aoi's leg if she is going to wear a Swimsuit/Bikini in 2012.

Edited by Guest

mitsuki

I have mine dressed in light clothes or in a body stocking plus darker clothes all the time. Some might hang out in a bikini for a few days.

Heidi

Unless I'm sewing for her, mine stays in her body stocking with dark clothes or I put her in light colored clothes or ones I've made which I know won't stain her. I too had a problem with dark clothing staining when I first got her and didn't know any better. Remove-zit fixed her right up though and now I'm much more cautious!

Traveller
Remove-zit fixed her right up though and now I'm much more cautious!

I agree about this stuff. I used a how tub within 3-4 months because Sae & Aoi were stained while wearing black stockings from Cool-Cats.

I've just ordered 2 more tubs of stuff, so that Aoi can be de-stained again

Maybe i should look at investing in some sort of body suit that can protect the waist/hips/chest

LoveAngel

I fear stain, so I always put on a body suit on Yukino-chan.

She has been wearing Nine9Style outfit for more than a week already (boots inclusive) and no stains.

I prefer to play it safe than to have to put on time in cleaning.

Wordpress - Twitter - Facebook

Proud mother of Yukino-chan, Aoi-chan, Ms. Mariko and Millhiore F. Biscotti.

Waiting for : $$$

Wishlist : Miku Hatsune costume

baldylox

My girls are always clothed, whether it be a bathing suit or pants and shirts or dresses. I am careful to leave them in stuff thats not dark and I know won't stain them. But stains do happen, several of my girls have small ones in random spots that I can't figure out where they came from. So far Oxy10 has taken out every stain I've put it on except for Sango's feet so hers got swapped out. Other than that, it's been good.

I don't leave any dark clothing on my girls any longer than is needed. I usually only do it for photos and then it's back into PJ's or something light. I like changing their clothes often tho so they never sit for more than a week in the same clothing. Most often its 3-4 days and they're wearing something else.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

DJStarstryker

Not really paranoid about stains, honestly. But, considering every single outfit we own for Rin other than one is dark colors, you can't be paranoid or she'd have to be naked all the time. The outfits we happen to like for her have most of her skin covered anyway, so it doesn't make a difference if there's stains underneath. You wouldn't see them.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

Traveller

I do appreicate everyone's comments here about clothes for there girls.

As this summer is going to be my first with the girls, It would be great to get them some swimsuits.

I think I'll also need to look at investing in some PJ's or Night dresses for the girls to wear as the only night dress I have is the default Aoi nightdress, and I'm afrraid to use that because of the other horror stories i have read about Volks clothes.

animex99

I always keep my girls dressed. I make sure that they are wearing light colored clothing of that the inside is lined. Alota of the older Volks clothing I have that is dark isn't lined. Sak-chan had gotten stained all over her back from wearing a black top for too long. I was able to get most of it removed. Funny thing is that she wore Ryomou's outfit for a while and some how she get stains on her feet from the boots. Even tho they are lined in white and she had white stockings on.

Also I once was told about people who would buy extra bodies they would use just for photos, so they wouldn't have to worry about stains.

Once issue I do have with staining is wigs. Sak-chan has always had her black wig on, and it has stained her head alot.I will have to invest in wig caps for my girls.

wgn_white

I let her in her pajamas most of the times.

It's a short sleeves and a short pants.

Perhaps I'm a bad person... Her thigh, arms are stained somehow... I don't know how she got that stains...

littlebearries

Most of my girls stay in light clothing most of the time... the only body I'm not paranoid about is Alna's DDdy body, because that came to me stained... so I always use it as the "test" body to see if things will stain or not. :o

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

scripple

My girls stay dressed all the time (well, except kitsune, but she's almost there). I've taken to testing most new clothes on some spare body parts ordered for that purpose. If I haven't tested it, or know it stains then the outfit is worn over something like a body stocking or white socks, etc.

If I've tested it I don't worry too much about it. I had Saber is black t-shirt for about 6 weeks with no issues. It's not really the color of the clothing but how well it was dyed. Obviously darker means there's more dye to come off if it was poorly dyed, but I've had relatively light clothes leave stains too. Look at some girls with blond wigs and no wig caps, and you'll often see a slight yellow stain on their head from the light yellow/tan wig base used for many blond wigs.

Sometimes even with testing, or layering, stains to do happen though. I had Moe's goth outfit on Hannah for a couple days over the Volks brand body stocking, and the black tops of the stockings stained right through it. Yukino has a couple random stains on the back of her legs and feet and I don't know where they came from (thread in her favorite shoes is my best guess), and a few of the girls with dark wigs have stains even though I use a wig cap. It's just hard to not have a tiny bit of the wig touch something if you don't want the wig cap to massively stick out.

Traveller

I've had no problems with light colors against my girls

Aoi has been wearing a black bra from Happy Camille with no side effects and a black singlet vest has also caused no problems that came from a seller off ebay.

Black socks have left a faint stain that has been removed using acrylic model thinner.

I like scripple's idea about having muitliple bodys tio try new clothes out before putting them on your girls, and this is something that might be worth looking into once I have settled down with the girls that I have and think that i won't need to expand.

I think that the bottom line is for me is to think about how long before I take another photo of the girls and then decide what to leave them in & PJ's may be the answer.

I think the other problem that frustrates me more is that being in the UK, I am considered strange, for liking DD, but mainly because we don't an effective stain remover like "Remove Zit" and "Oxy 10" is a prescription cream only, and this is what has led me to ask this question

DO YOU GIRLS STAY DRESSED?

LoveAngel
I think the other problem that frustrates me more is that being in the UK, I am considered strange, for liking DD, but mainly because we don't an effective stain remover like "Remove Zit" and "Oxy 10" is a prescription cream only, and this is what has led me to ask this question

Can you imagine how it is in Little Belgium? That is why I freak out about stains...

Yukino = always dressed with bodysuit.

I have already got an extra bodysuit for the day when they will free Aoi.

Wordpress - Twitter - Facebook

Proud mother of Yukino-chan, Aoi-chan, Ms. Mariko and Millhiore F. Biscotti.

Waiting for : $$$

Wishlist : Miku Hatsune costume

Till Troll

While Oxy10 is kept behind the counter, you don't need a prescription for it: I've bought it my local Tesco pharmacy with no prescription only a month or so ago. Some of the medicines that are more expensive or need more instructions (like certain migraine medicines) are kept behind the counter, and can be sold after the customer is asked a few questions to ensure they know how to use it.

My franken-obitsu-Zapf doll stays in her Sasami cosplay all the time, because it's cute and her body is cheap enough that I don't mind the staining. My DDs sit in their bodystockings out of the sun, although I want to make them pale coloured pyjama onsies this winter. Meade actually is wearing half the jeans I made her earlier this year, as I lost the final pattern and had to cut up one leg to redraw it . Although Meade and Chandra both have stains I can't remove, I don't want to risk them growing anymore: I am always checking there is no thread/fabric near them at night that could stain their skin. So I tend to play safe rather than sorry.

JoltFiend

I've got Neris in her default outfit pretty much all the time and I haven't had any problems with any staining. I do have a pair of black pants for her, but I don't want to risk anything by leaving those on longer than I need to.

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

Traveller

While Oxy10 is kept behind the counter, you don't need a prescription for it:

That's interesting, because the local chemeist asks for my GP name so they can check.

Telling them that I am using the cream for removing stains from a Doll who has had her clothes on will make me a joke.

People can be cruel

wgn_white

That's interesting, because the local chemeist asks for my GP name so they can check.

Telling them that I am using the cream for removing stains from a Doll who has had her clothes on will make me a joke.

People can be cruel

Why Oxy10 is a prescripted cream in your place?

I just can buy it from any pharmacy/family store.

Till Troll

People can be cruel

I've never understood such mockery, it's weird for me to care for a doll but that guy wondering around in the red and white facepaint, football bobble hat and scarf is completely normal? :s

I wonder if the prescription thing was a really recent change? Next time I do a food shop (within the next week) I'll ask and see how easily I can get it. Maybe it varies from chemist to chemist.

Traveller

It may be the chemist as you say.

Maybe I should ask a different one in a different town and see if I can get some.

As of Now, Sae has been moved in to her new PJ's.

Just got to find some more in light colors for Aoi & Tomomi, and then I will have to figure the best way to keep them dressed, taking on board everything everone here has said about various clothes.

SakuraSylph

Yes, Rin stays dressed.

Rin-chan wears some sort of dark clothing (such as her black and red default outfit), at all times that she isn't cosplaying in a white outfit. She looks most striking in dark colors, so she doesn't own very many light-colored outfits to start with.

Rin doesn't really seem to stain, unless her full weight is left on a dark dyed fabric for 8-12 months at a time. How would that happen? Standing up in dark socks, for one. ^_^;

Rin's home is near a ceiling A/C vent (her pedestal was placed there because it just happened to be a good location); the constantly blowing air keeps her vinyl cool and de-humidified. I don't know about the chemical reactions that lead to staining, but I wonder if her environment somehow keeps her looking nice longer.

SakuraSylph

jadepixel

My girl is usally dressed in light-colored clothes and shoes when she's not doing photoshoots. I've made a couple stain-proof outfits so I don't have to worry about seams or stray threads leaving a stain. Wigs are usually light colored as well, although I have had some blond wigs leave faint yellow marks so a wig cap is recommended. I've left dark wigs overnight with a wig cap, but never more than that.

My extra heads get stored in a doll box with satin cushions, protected from light and dust.

carmen171

None of my girls stay dressed. Everyone goes back to thier boxes and back on the shelves. I have cats and I do not want them near my dolls. I used to close the door but that was just a pain.....plus I prefer to not have them dressed so when I play with them its easier to quickly change their clothes!!! Same with my resin, all in boxes and naked!!!!

Daughters~Mai,Ryomou,Kanu,Moe2,Yukino,HH02,Yoko,Marisa,Escalayer,Ms. Mariko,Lucy,Saber Xtra,Saber Alter,Rise,Sasara,Alna,Akira,H05,Mayu

animal.jpg

Waiting~Natsuki2,Melty,Aoko

TASfaction

Yes my girl is always dress in light colored clothing.

No shoes worn though, as it is always sitting on the table.

If your girls are in a standing position and the insides of the shoe are dark colored, it is better to change to a light colored surroundings on the insides.

I had some stains absorbed to feet at the bottom even with socks

DD_Signature.png

battrastard

Tana normally stays dressed, usually in light colored/white clothing. I am in the midst of getting a few sets of PJ's from Balldylox' friend Anne, though. Then she'll mostly stay in them when we aren't doing anything...

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"