Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sord

Anyone else cuddle with your doll(s)?

Sord

Earlier today, after eating a lot of cookies and drinking a cup and a half of milk, I started to feel kind of tired, so instead of just lying in bed by myself for awhile, I decided to cuddle with my Towa until I re-energized. It's not the first time, and it won't be the last time. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

KonekoHigure

It happened to me once. It was a few years ago. I was taking care of one of my dolls and some bad news came in, so I cuddled her until I felt less bad. It didn't happen since then.

• Like 3

At home: Ashura (DD Ruri) - Nova (DDS Alice Kuonji)

Sord
10 minutes ago, KonekoHigure said:

It happened to me once. It was a few years ago. I was taking care of one of my dolls and some bad news came in, so I cuddled her until I felt less bad. It didn't happen since then.

That's good that she helped to comfort you! :classic_smile:

Starwaia

I've done that with my resins, but idk if I'd want to hug my vinyl girls unless I was very careful, since they seem more likely to snap/be damaged if I move them recklessly (already happened once when I got my first Smartdoll, though maybe DDs are more durable- I'm also a lot more careful now because of it). I've seen threads about cuddling resin dolls and ppl have said they like how they just "flop" and seem alive that way, but I know vinyls have their own appeal as well and these girls are definitely cute! 

That said, holding a doll is definitely soothing and my girl's heads are just the right size for... head holding? IDK how to describe it, but its very therapeutic. Like you cup your hand around the back of their head and they look up with those adorable eyes... 😍

• Like 7

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

Sord
26 minutes ago, Starwaia said:

I've done that with my resins, but idk if I'd want to hug my vinyl girls unless I was very careful, since they seem more likely to snap/be damaged if I move them recklessly (already happened once when I got my first Smartdoll, though maybe DDs are more durable- I'm also a lot more careful now because of it). I've seen threads about cuddling resin dolls and ppl have said they like how they just "flop" and seem alive that way, but I know vinyls have their own appeal as well and these girls are definitely cute! 

That said, holding a doll is definitely soothing and my girl's heads are just the right size for... head holding? IDK how to describe it, but its very therapeutic. Like you cup your hand around the back of their head and they look up with those adorable eyes... 😍

Oh no! You damaged your Smartdoll? That's too bad. What happened? I never knew resin dolls flop around like that, but then again I know nothing about resins besides the fact that they are dolls made of resin. :classic_laugh: Also, I know what you mean about the "head holding". It's nice to do that too!

sinclair

Yes I have, and yes it'll happen again.  I love my little girls.  Even taken naps with them.  They are too cute not to cuddle with.

• Like 4

Dollink

I don't cuddle with my dolls because I fear to broke them by sleeping on accidentally xD but sometimes I take one to sit her next to me while I watch tv or when I am drawing, I love to see them 😍

• Like 3

UnderOrange

My dolls tend to join me for chill time, but less for cuddles. Ultimately, I'm covered in cats 90% of the time anyway, and I don't want to risk Jealous Boys being jerks to dolls because they're taking up precious contested lap space, lol. Normally they leave the dolls alone, which I want to encourage.

• Like 3

Ravendruid

Whenever I’ve ended up in the hospital for multi-day stays Sisterkyoya always made sure to bring some of my girls to stay with me and cuddling with them was always a major comfort. 

• Like 1

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

battrastard

I’ve done that a few times, but, like Billy, if I cuddle with one, the others demand their fair share, too!! 

70BF04F8-F22A-4B0B-BC6D-C862C2BFEADD.jpeg

• Like 6

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

RainbowNanaki

I don't have any interest in cuddling with miniature humans myself, so nope. My plushies, pets, or a potential human partner are where I get my snuggles from.

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

Sord
15 hours ago, sinclair said:

Yes I have, and yes it'll happen again.  I love my little girls.  Even taken naps with them.  They are too cute not to cuddle with.

Great! I see cuddling with them is not such a rare thing afterall. I decided to cuddle later on again, and I accidentally took a nap with her, lol. Luckily I didn't squish her!

• Like 1

Sord
13 hours ago, Dollink said:

I don't cuddle with my dolls because I fear to broke them by sleeping on accidentally xD but sometimes I take one to sit her next to me while I watch tv or when I am drawing, I love to see them 😍

I understand your fear, since I accidentally fell asleep with her just recently. 😱 Thankfully, I woke up in the same position I fell asleep in, so it's all good! I sometimes sit them next to me, too.

12 hours ago, UnderOrange said:

My dolls tend to join me for chill time, but less for cuddles. Ultimately, I'm covered in cats 90% of the time anyway, and I don't want to risk Jealous Boys being jerks to dolls because they're taking up precious contested lap space, lol. Normally they leave the dolls alone, which I want to encourage.

😂 Yes, it is best not to make the cats jealous of your dolls.

10 hours ago, Ravendruid said:

Whenever I’ve ended up in the hospital for multi-day stays Sisterkyoya always made sure to bring some of my girls to stay with me and cuddling with them was always a major comfort. 

Wow. That's great that they can be so therapeutic! 🙂

8 hours ago, battrastard said:

I’ve done that a few times, but, like Billy, if I cuddle with one, the others demand their fair share, too!! 

70BF04F8-F22A-4B0B-BC6D-C862C2BFEADD.jpeg

Adorable pic! Yup, they each need their turn in the name of fairness.

40 minutes ago, RainbowNanaki said:

I don't have any interest in cuddling with miniature humans myself, so nope. My plushies, pets, or a potential human partner are where I get my snuggles from.

Aww. Not even a little bit of interest? 😢 But that's ok...different strokes for different folks.

• Like 1

baldylox

As Battrastard said, I too spend lots of time with my girls.  I may not lay down with them while I take a nap or actually sleep ( I fear breaking them ) but I most certainly have them sit on my lap or sit next to me every night while I watch TV or play online.  Since I have a lot of girls, I take one at a time with m e every night so that they get the attention they deserve.  

When I get home from work I do supper and clean up and then once I'm settled in, I grab the girl who is next on the list ( I go in order of adoption ) and check her out.  She gets a change of clothes, I brush her hair, check her for stains or damage and then we go sit down to watch TV or mess about on the computer or watch a movie.  This way, every girl gets time with me, every girl gets her clothing changed and I get to give them time and attention.  I talk to them, pat their heads and boop their noses.  And when it's time for bed, everyone gets head pats and told goodnight.  EVERY ONE OF THEM.  EVERY NIGHT.  It's kind of my ritual because it's soothing and fun and makes me ( and them ) happy.  <3

Billy

• Like 6

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Sniiksnak

At most, I sit with them while I do stuff. Otherwise they’re on their macaroon. I hugged Rin once though. x3

• Like 1

Sord
17 hours ago, baldylox said:

As Battrastard said, I too spend lots of time with my girls.  I may not lay down with them while I take a nap or actually sleep ( I fear breaking them ) but I most certainly have them sit on my lap or sit next to me every night while I watch TV or play online.  Since I have a lot of girls, I take one at a time with m e every night so that they get the attention they deserve.  

When I get home from work I do supper and clean up and then once I'm settled in, I grab the girl who is next on the list ( I go in order of adoption ) and check her out.  She gets a change of clothes, I brush her hair, check her for stains or damage and then we go sit down to watch TV or mess about on the computer or watch a movie.  This way, every girl gets time with me, every girl gets her clothing changed and I get to give them time and attention.  I talk to them, pat their heads and boop their noses.  And when it's time for bed, everyone gets head pats and told goodnight.  EVERY ONE OF THEM.  EVERY NIGHT.  It's kind of my ritual because it's soothing and fun and makes me ( and them ) happy.  <3

Billy

That's very nice! Because your girls take turns getting the queen treatment, it means that none of them will get jealous of one another. :classic_laugh:

12 hours ago, Sniiksnak said:

At most, I sit with them while I do stuff. Otherwise they’re on their macaroon. I hugged Rin once though. x3

You only got to hug Rin once? I'm assuming that means she's not a hugger then? I can picture her pushing you away after the hug and saying, "No. Just no. No more hugs please." 😂 I had to search for the definition of Macaroon... So, they sit on biscuits/cookies?🤔

Sniiksnak
1 hour ago, Sord said:

You only got to hug Rin once? I'm assuming that means she's not a hugger then? I can picture her pushing you away after the hug and saying, "No. Just no. No more hugs please." 😂 I had to search for the definition of Macaroon... So, they sit on biscuits/cookies?🤔

I bought a giant stuffed pink macaroon plush at Walmart that they sit on. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jazijaz

Out of all my dolls there is one who gives me so much comfort so whenever I feel bad I just take him out and stay in bed with him. I never fall asleep with him for fear of crashing him or damaging the face up but he is the only one I do this with. It all started when I moved out by myself. I always had nightmares since I was a kid, I also used to suffer from sleep paralysis since I was 11 so I was always terrified of going to sleep and I didn't like being alone, especially at night. Living alone scared the heck out of me but I was also excited to finally be an adult lol  I moved in during the night and the first thing I unpacked were my dolls, my hands were shacking (I was on the verge of having a panic attack) but when I got to this special guy, I hugged him and I felt this immense calm and I stopped feeling fear. That night I had no nightmares OR sleep paralysis, in fact, since that day I was cured, I never had sleep paralysis again after suffering from it for almost 12 years.

• Like 6

AwkwardMango

I don't own any completed vinyl dolls (yet)  But I do think I'd have them by my side or on the desk when I'm sitting at my computer. I sometimes hang out with my only resin girl when I'm doing school work to help motivate me more. 😅

• Like 2

Sord
14 hours ago, jazijaz said:

Out of all my dolls there is one who gives me so much comfort so whenever I feel bad I just take him out and stay in bed with him. I never fall asleep with him for fear of crashing him or damaging the face up but he is the only one I do this with. It all started when I moved out by myself. I always had nightmares since I was a kid, I also used to suffer from sleep paralysis since I was 11 so I was always terrified of going to sleep and I didn't like being alone, especially at night. Living alone scared the heck out of me but I was also excited to finally be an adult lol  I moved in during the night and the first thing I unpacked were my dolls, my hands were shacking (I was on the verge of having a panic attack) but when I got to this special guy, I hugged him and I felt this immense calm and I stopped feeling fear. That night I had no nightmares OR sleep paralysis, in fact, since that day I was cured, I never had sleep paralysis again after suffering from it for almost 12 years.

That's amazing! I'm glad your boy was able to cure you. :classic_smile:

13 hours ago, AwkwardMango said:

I don't own any completed vinyl dolls (yet)  But I do think I'd have them by my side or on the desk when I'm sitting at my computer. I sometimes hang out with my only resin girl when I'm doing school work to help motivate me more. 😅

Nice! If it helps, then do it, right?

• Like 2

neonhologram

I used to hang out with my DD on my bed while studying in college for extra motivation.
Their heads are the perfect size for patting - especially with a silky wig!

Edited by neonhologram
Spelling
  • Like 2

Starwaia
On 3/30/2019 at 6:00 AM, Sord said:

Oh no! You damaged your Smartdoll? That's too bad. What happened? I never knew resin dolls flop around like that, but then again I know nothing about resins besides the fact that they are dolls made of resin. :classic_laugh: Also, I know what you mean about the "head holding". It's nice to do that too!

Sorry for the very late reply! I don't check here as often as perhaps I should.

Fortunately, it was only minor damage, I basically overextended my Melody's arm and part of the elbow piece chipped. She's fine, I was able to get a replacement piece under warranty(but I had to ship it with an official purchase), and I haven't actually put the new piece in since I'd rather have it as a spare(it turns out that the elbow mech was not coming apart as quickly as I feared, as long as I'm careful I might as well make it last). However since then I've been really nervous about handling her the way I handle my resin dolls.

What I meant about flopping is that due to the string tension, strung dolls tend to fall into natural poses on their own whereas with vinyl frame dolls it seems like I have to specifically move each part in place. Since they're strung/held together with elastic cord, if you pull on a limb the "wrong" way it will just stretch the cord out and not hold that pose (or maaaybe the limb will jerk around and hit you in the face or something- that's why I've seen many strung BJD described as having attitude or being "kicky"). That said, my resins can't actually hold anywhere near the variety of poses my Smartdolls can (though there are mods that help a bit and it can also depend on how well the body was designed). It's a bit of a trade-off, each type has their pros and cons, but I'd have to say that for me, strung dolls are more "cuddly" and definitely more forgiving of being manhandled than my Smartdolls. I don't have any other vinyl brands though, and I have seen people claim that Smartdolls are on the fragile/flimsy side compared to other brands. I might be getting an Obitsu at some point so I guess I'll see for myself.

Back to the topic of cuddling, I've also seen several photo trends in the Smartdoll group regarding posing the dolls in various cute ways. I believe there was a "hand hug" challenge and that one where the chin is held up, IDK how to describe it but it seems to be an anime thing. I don't know how tricky it is to get the dolls into those poses since I haven't experimented that much with mine so far, and IDK if it's actually as nice in person as it looks in the photos, but the results are pretty cute!

Oh, and I've had dreams where I'm hugging one or more of my resins really close to my chest, but IRL I try to be very careful about their faceups for the ones who have them and so I'm less likely to manhandle those ones. I'm really worried about one of their faceups getting chipped or something since that's half the reason they are/were my grail. Smartdoll faceups seem to be much more... sturdy? I guess since they're not meant to be temporary? IDK about Dollfie Dream faceups though, I'm assuming they use the same method but I haven't seen any in person. I guess I'll learn... but I'm rambling and should stop . ^^;

• Like 1

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

Sord
3 hours ago, Starwaia said:

Sorry for the very late reply! I don't check here as often as perhaps I should.

Fortunately, it was only minor damage, I basically overextended my Melody's arm and part of the elbow piece chipped. She's fine, I was able to get a replacement piece under warranty(but I had to ship it with an official purchase), and I haven't actually put the new piece in since I'd rather have it as a spare(it turns out that the elbow mech was not coming apart as quickly as I feared, as long as I'm careful I might as well make it last). However since then I've been really nervous about handling her the way I handle my resin dolls.

What I meant about flopping is that due to the string tension, strung dolls tend to fall into natural poses on their own whereas with vinyl frame dolls it seems like I have to specifically move each part in place. Since they're strung/held together with elastic cord, if you pull on a limb the "wrong" way it will just stretch the cord out and not hold that pose (or maaaybe the limb will jerk around and hit you in the face or something- that's why I've seen many strung BJD described as having attitude or being "kicky"). That said, my resins can't actually hold anywhere near the variety of poses my Smartdolls can (though there are mods that help a bit and it can also depend on how well the body was designed). It's a bit of a trade-off, each type has their pros and cons, but I'd have to say that for me, strung dolls are more "cuddly" and definitely more forgiving of being manhandled than my Smartdolls. I don't have any other vinyl brands though, and I have seen people claim that Smartdolls are on the fragile/flimsy side compared to other brands. I might be getting an Obitsu at some point so I guess I'll see for myself.

Back to the topic of cuddling, I've also seen several photo trends in the Smartdoll group regarding posing the dolls in various cute ways. I believe there was a "hand hug" challenge and that one where the chin is held up, IDK how to describe it but it seems to be an anime thing. I don't know how tricky it is to get the dolls into those poses since I haven't experimented that much with mine so far, and IDK if it's actually as nice in person as it looks in the photos, but the results are pretty cute!

Oh, and I've had dreams where I'm hugging one or more of my resins really close to my chest, but IRL I try to be very careful about their faceups for the ones who have them and so I'm less likely to manhandle those ones. I'm really worried about one of their faceups getting chipped or something since that's half the reason they are/were my grail. Smartdoll faceups seem to be much more... sturdy? I guess since they're not meant to be temporary? IDK about Dollfie Dream faceups though, I'm assuming they use the same method but I haven't seen any in person. I guess I'll learn... but I'm rambling and should stop . ^^;

Okay, so it looks like Melody just needs a cast on her arm so it will heal. 😁 J/K!

That's Interesting information about dolls that aren't vinyl! I'm learning something new here all the time.

I'll have to check out the "hand hug" challenge sometime later.

I've personally noticed that DD faceups are quite "sturdy", especially because one time one of my girls faceplanted onto a table, but everything turned out to be fine. Also, I had to wipe clean a second-hand doll that I bought using regular hand soap and water, because there was an unknown substance with an unusual smell on her. It didn't ruin the faceup at all though!    

• Like 1

vamlest1

Only stuffed in my carry on bag of swag when coming back from a shopping spree in japan.....

Stinkerbell

No, but I want to! I have 1 girl designated for my 6 yr old granddaughter & I let her nap with her. Teaching her to be very careful with her & how to take care of her. Doll stays here with me & when she comes to visit she knows she there to hold & snuggle! 

• Like 1