Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Heshiko

A young witch, Ellen

Heshiko

I'm still not finished with my current doll project, but the realization that I want to make this next one hit me over the head like it was mad at me for not realizing it sooner...

spacer.png

Ellen, the titular Witch of The Witch's House. I've always had a soft spot for this murderer... At the end of the day she may do horrible things, but it's also hard not to sympathize. I want to give her loving home, and I can be comfortable in the knowledge that I won't fail to, because she's the type that would gut me in my sleep if I did...

There's two general versions of her, not counting some dark stuff in the later parts of the book/game. I'm leaning toward her sick version, before she became a witch. However, this would definitely be harder for me to actually pull off due to the complications of her illness - she has rashes over most of her body, and is covered head to toe in bandages. The bandages seem like a fun project, the rashes on the other hand completely beyond my abilities.

Her later form is definitely easier, but... her whole life's work is to cure her illness, because she thinks it means she can't be loved. I would prefer not to adopt her in that form, if only because I want to show she can be loved even if she isn't cured. 

I'm thinking MDD with DDH02 head, semi-white skin tone, SQ-Lab EG-03 style eyes. Her clothing is pretty simple, to the point where I'd like to try making it myself. The wig, I'm still not sure on. I'm happy to take advice!

• Like 1

Kymera

There's no saying you couldn't do both versions! Or maybe buy/make a body stocking that has a rash texture (or vice versa, and use it to hide the texture). You could probably do it easily with paint and a makeup sponge.

Owned by: Kitsuko (Fox-face) - DDH-09

Heshiko

You aren't wrong, and the thought of doing both had crossed my mind... though it's a bit pricey for me at the moment! I hadn't considered the body stocking texture idea, that would be worth looking into - I wouldn't have to buy two full separate bodies if it worked.

When I say the rash is wholly beyond my capabilities, what I mean is that I've accepted there are things in this world that I can and cannot do. "Be trusted with paint of any kind" is one of them >.>

Heshiko

So, thanks to the wonderful ShiNesWorkshop I now have her mostly complete! Now the part I'm having trouble with is deciding whether she looks better with or without bandages...

FJiNo9m.jpg

Without bandages? Super cute!

iCZ51QE.jpg

With bandages?? Super cute??

• Like 1

Kymera

Aaaahhh! She's so adorable! Look it her little smile! I like her with and without bandages.  Just depends on how you want to photograph her on the day!

• Thanks 1

Owned by: Kitsuko (Fox-face) - DDH-09

Heshiko

Ah thank you! And yeah, it was a hard decision. I think it's going to depend on her outfit of the day.

IMG_20200317_004626sc.jpg.78c5f44395369c43b31da4807a63f2a1.jpg

• Like 2