Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

TechnoHornist

PSO2's Heroine Has Arrived!

TechnoHornist

Greetings!

About a month ago, my Matoi arrived, little angel number 12!

It's almost surreal to have one of my favorite characters from Phantasy Star Online 2 in official doll form.  There are 3 characters I absolutely adore from PSO2: Quna, Jeane, and Matoi.  Having one of them in official doll form is enough to send me over the moon.  I never thought this would ever happen, but now it has, and I couldn't be happier to have one of my favorite heroines from one of my favorite video games of all time in official doll form!

Here she is, after a solid hour of agonizing how to make a Shapely L uni-torso upgrade work and actually dressing her!IMG_20190321_185353.jpg.177deb91b1d8fd95fb2ec4bd0b2f973c.jpg

A closer look at her lovely face.  While you can't duplicate her in-game look perfectly, I think Volks did a wonderful job conveying her soft-spoken personality and gentle expression.  😍

IMG_20190321_185405.jpg.6de283de7a52ea9f7e93453994f05733.jpg

And of course, a better look at her upgraded assets!  It took some creative work to get her bra to fit and stay secured in place, since the straps couldn't stretch far enough around her back on their own.  Remember this: outfit bust guidelines are just that: guidelines!  🤣

IMG_20190321_185417.jpg.839d51ab83a68af64fb878d0ab88cf8f.jpg

Edited by TechnoHornist
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Proud papa of my baker's dozen of little angels: Hanako, Mariko, Miku Append, Mirai Suenaga, Ami, Hatsune Miku, Iowa, Snow Miku, Jeane, Celeste, Megurine Luka, Matoi, and Sailor Mercury!

magique

Wow, her outfit is so intricate! She looks really adorable, congrats on finding your heroine ^^

Juxtaposition

I'm not familiar with this character or game, but I like the mechanical-looking elements around her shoes and skirt. I'd like to see machine-inspired designs on more doll outfits in the future! 😊 Congrats on getting your new girl!

TechnoHornist
On 6/9/2019 at 3:44 PM, sweets said:

Wow, her outfit is so intricate! She looks really adorable, congrats on finding your heroine ^^

On 6/13/2019 at 8:59 PM, Juxtaposition said:

I'm not familiar with this character or game, but I like the mechanical-looking elements around her shoes and skirt. I'd like to see machine-inspired designs on more doll outfits in the future! 😊 Congrats on getting your new girl!

Thank you!  I never thought in my wildest dreams that SEGA would collaborate with Volks on my favorite PC game of all time to bring one of my all-time favorite characters to the doll world.  Her outfit is the most intricate doll outfit I've ever owned, and it's one of my favorites from the game!

Phantasy Star Online 2 is a sci-fi MMORPG released by SEGA of Japan back in 2012 on PC for the Japanese market, followed by later releases on PS Vita, PS4, and a cloud client on the Switch.  Even though the game is aimed squarely at Japan only, lots of non-Japanese players have joined and have been playing the game ever since open beta.  I've played the game since it exited open beta, and it's the best PC game I've ever played.  Many of my good friends today are ones I first met through playing PSO2.

Matoi is one of PSO2's main heroines, and out of the game's 6 episodes as of 2019, she is the main focus of Episodes 1 and 3.  Besides that, she always teams up with the player to fight off whatever the main antagonist is of the current episode.

DD Matoi's outfit is called Innocent Cluster, and she first wore it at the conclusion of Episode 3 when it became her new outfit.  On the clear red part connecting the two sides of her skirt, the writing reads, "ARKS Tech R&D Demonstrator."  This leads me to believe her outfit is a one-off prototype armor set made specifically for her.  ^^

• Like 1

Proud papa of my baker's dozen of little angels: Hanako, Mariko, Miku Append, Mirai Suenaga, Ami, Hatsune Miku, Iowa, Snow Miku, Jeane, Celeste, Megurine Luka, Matoi, and Sailor Mercury!