Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Nightmare Tea

Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, Cirno and Touhou Project

Nightmare Tea

Since this one hasn't been made yet, I'll do the honors!

Touhou Project (also known as Project Shine Maiden) in a 2D bullet hell game where you have to dodge everything your opponents fling your way. And of course, Reimu and Marisa are the two main players!

Here is an example of the gameplay:

And here is the link to the wiki: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki

There are a total of 13 games so far, and a new one gets released every summer.

The first five are PC-98 games, and don't work on Windows:

1- Highly Responsive to Prayers

2- Story of Eastern Wonderland

3- Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream

4- Lotus Land Story

5- Mystic Square

The next few are the newer series, made for Windows:

6- Embodiment of Scarlet Devil (the game where Sakuya appears)

7- Perfect Cherry Blossom

8- Imperishable Night

9- Phantasmagoria of Flower View

10- Mountain of Faith

11- Subterranean Animism

12- Undefined Fantastic Object

13- Ten Desires (newest)

There is also a doujin-made anime (not official) of Perfect Cherry Blossom, and one girl dubbed it all herself when it was released:

And here is the trailer for the new one, it was only released a few days ago (made by the same doujin circle) based off Subterranean Animism:

They certainly did take the fandom's perception of the bust sizes to heart, though.

Also, there are no bath scenes in the games.

One of the parts the drive people to love Touhou is the music!

Here is one of Marisa's themes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ssmxWJftyo

And here is Marisa's absolute badass theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dJA_YLSPz0&feature=related

Here is one of Reimu's themes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRelf7LkH2s&feature=related

And here is Sakuya's theme(it's kinda old):

Here's Cirno's:

And my personal favorite theme of my favorite character, Yukari Yakumo:

Hooray!

Edited by Guest

baldylox

I really love the girls and designs from Touhou and yet I still know nothing about them.

Thank you SO MUCH for doing this post! Now I can sit back and do some time with the links you provided! I'll especially enjoy the Youtube links.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

AerisAquata

I actually discovered Touhou Project through The World Ends With You. People made videos of 'Marisa Stole the Precious Thing' with TWEWY characters.

Nightmare Tea

I think i've seen that before.

But sadly, I really don't like IOSYS.

Their representation of the characters are very un-canon, but sadly the fandom has taken them seriously.

Also, I love TWEWY.

Saluli

I had never heard about Touhou before the DDs, now I will search more about it! Thank you.

Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.

SakuraSylph

Wow, so Touhou is a series of bullet-hell shooter games starring cute girls? Nice. Reminds me of Deathsmiles from Cave.

Although I am confused on one thing. I could be very wrong about this, but in the back of my head I remember Touhou being especially popular with fujoshi. Usually I'd associate those fans with mountains of yaoi doujin comics, so... shooting game with miko? Is there another angle to Touhou or am I just misremembering the fandom?

SakuraSylph

Nightmare Tea
Wow, so Touhou is a series of bullet-hell shooter games starring cute girls? Nice. Reminds me of Deathsmiles from Cave.

Although I am confused on one thing. I could be very wrong about this, but in the back of my head I remember Touhou being especially popular with fujoshi. Usually I'd associate those fans with mountains of yaoi doujin comics, so... shooting game with miko? Is there another angle to Touhou or am I just misremembering the fandom?

There isn't any romance in the games at all, actually.

There are friendships, but the love part is the fandom's part of it.

Nightmare Tea

Edited in Cirno...

I wonder if they will make any more Touhou girls!

I would LOVE to have a Remilia.

Taidai

MAN I love this series, beaten all of them on lunatic except 13 which I have yet to play.

Definitely going to try to make a Marisa outfit for my girl (<3 Marisa even though I always play Reimu )

Very informative post!

Be sure to check out my misadventures in the Dollfie Dream world:

I have NO idea what I'm doing and my Flickr

Nightmare Tea
MAN I love this series, beaten all of them on lunatic except 13 which I have yet to play.

Definitely going to try to make a Marisa outfit for my girl (<3 Marisa even though I always play Reimu )

Very informative post!

Lunatic?!

I can barely beat them on normal mode!!

I adore this series too, which is why I made the post in the first place.

leitan

beat them on lunatic mode? i wanna see the receipts!!

then again, i suck at shmups. i'm mainly a touhou fan for all the fanmade creations/art/stories/fangames that aren't bullet hell etc

it was really hard to resist buying Cirno. i still am considering possibly getting her. she's not my favorite but she is so cute. it seems a lot of people don't like her for some reason but a Flandre MDD would also be super cute.

i would be so happy if they made a Satori or Ran DD though. there is someone on Flickr who has their own custom Ran DD and it's just so gorgeous. i'll post a few of their pictures (again, these are NOT my photos, i just think they are wonderful!) ~

6072802561_12631432b4_z.jpg

5501600033_519f291ffa_z.jpg

5501600383_84e4ce0d18_z.jpg

5501600133_f0a0f18a47_z.jpg

~Rinka 159's flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/saori555/

Nightmare Tea

Ah, I've seen that Ran before! I always thought she was really well made!

I've also seen a Utsuho made from DD Mio, and a Satori made from DD Yuki Nagato.

I'll see if I can find the pictures!

If they make a MDD Remilia, I'm SCREWED!

I love Remilia a lot!

Edited by Guest

Nightmare Tea

Found the Okuu! (And Satori's there too!)

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/25564/DD+Utsuho+Reiuji.html

Edit: Also found a custom Youmu, Yuyuko, Suika and Suwako!

http://xdaxipsp60.wordpress.com/2011/10/06/dd-touhou-update-2/#more-184

Edit AGAIN I KEEP ON FINDING MORE!

http://xdaxipsp60.wordpress.com/2011/03/27/okay-lets-post-them-all-at-once/#more-141

Mahoro

I wanted to (and still do) want to make a Sanae DD, but I couldn't decide on a head at the time, so she's on hold for now (though I am open to suggestions, I do have a wig to use for her already!)

Soenatte

If there's one character I want to make a DD of that's Satori... I still hope Volks will come out with one but that's greatly improbable xD; Not that I blame them any, she's not the most attractive character in the series and they can't make much of her outfit very appealing to a widespread audience either, so~ but maybe, maybe someday!

DDH07: Naoshin | Yui: Eclaire | DDH10: Noah | DDH01: Mafuyu P-chan: He Tian | Hime-Ane: Millefeuille

Kaito: Sora | DDH01: Astraia Tiamat: Ravus | DDH08: Alto  DDHo9: Leilani DDH07: Fyodor

chibiponi

I've been addicted to Touhou since I bought one of the games at an anime convention. Still haven't beaten any yet, though. But I've gotten so close!

I'd love to have both of the Komeiji girls as DDs, as well as Utsuho, Yuyuko, Yukari, Sekibanki, Mamizou, Byakuren...the list goes on forever. XD

I've pretty much made it my goal to get all the official releases one day. I guess you could call any Touhou limited my unicorn.

Proctor of the Dawn

Photos of the official Konpaku Youmu DD have been previewed in the latest VOLKS News. Her face looks like a cross between Saber and Melty though.

YouRei

I loooove Touhou project, i own several figures and doujins of this game series.

Officially my first DD is my MDD Noumi Kudryavka, but a year before i bought a friend's spare DD body + a 04 head and i commissioned a friend to help me make the costume of Reisen with the plan of making a custom DD of that character.

However my friend never had time to complete it and had to leave a year later for work in a far away province. Another friend wanted to take over but she also never had time or energy for it.

I ended up scraping the project and moved on to limited dolls till i made my two Twins, Shiori and Kana

b4c5596a-0fbd-427b-8d52-441a8e9918d0.jpg

kanashiori.jpg

Mega Negi

I can't wrap my head around Volks making a Cirno but no sign of the Scarlet sisters. I also wish they would make Yukari, Ran and Chen. Also, Alice Margatroid makes more sense than anyone.