Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
cfx

Volks News 84

BeyondTime

Looks like the July items will be released at the LA Dolpa, and not through the usual web lottery on Volks USA. 

It’s posted on the Volks USA Facebook. 

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

Does that mean they'll only be available to Dolpa attendees?

This was talked about a little earlier in the thread but I want to bring it up again. Nanami's guitar was a Best rerelease in the DD Accessories category:

https://www.volks.co.jp/jp/hag/item_nanami_dda02_en.html

As stated there, it was sold at DD Fes 2019, at the event. As far as I know, it wasn't sold online, and isn't listed with the August items later this month, so apparently the only way to buy it was if you could attend the event. Why let us even vote on things if they're not going to be available for most people to buy? :( At 9800 yen, I'm not sure I'd have bought the guitar, but I would have liked to at least had the choice to do so.

Gabriel

One item I can see being a convention exclusive.  An entire wave of content?  I doubt it will be exclusive to the Dolpa.

My bet is that they're simply not announcing the after event in order to drive sales of the items at the convention.  After the convention there will probably be an announcement.

Also, the only thing in the USA graphic for the Nagoya 7 after event is Rem/Ram, none of the outfits.  Historically, one of the things they've done is do a later lottery where they cram two releases together into one in order to play catch up.

cfx

If I remember, Volks USA tends to separate the doll lotteries from the outfits so they aren't doing them at the same time. I could see them also combining the July and August outfits and accessories.

My post sounded like I was conflating the guitar with the USA stuff but I didn't intend that. I don't necessarily expect Volks USA to sell the guitar at all, but they might and who knows what they'd do. Volks USA selling the green and pink chair stands by limited preorder was completely different than how those were handled in Japan, and were items I was surprised to see here as well.

I'm glad the outfits are usually a little later here as I first try to get them in the Japan clickwar and if I miss I get another chance, assuming I don't forget when the USA lottery is, which I'm bad about.

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll

sinclair

That would be a major disappointment in Volks USA if they don't have a lottery of the stuff, or do, but only for the leftovers after the LA event.  That just comes across as a punishment to those of us that can't go to LA.

Edited by sinclair

Gabriel

I'm going to chalk this up as me being self centered, but I still find this funny.

I have received so many emails reminding me of the Limited Item Pre-Order for SDGr Optional boy hands. I better not forget to put my order in!

Has anyone else been receiving this email reminder every couple of days for the last week or two?  Volks REALLY wants me to remember about these SDGr hands.  If it isn't a general promotional email, it must be because I ordered some SD strings and tools a while back.

I order tons of DD stuff, and I don't get reminded anywhere near this amount for a DD item.  Most of the time I don't even get a reminder email about a DD event.  But Volks is making damn sure I know about these SD hands.

Everyone else here is more hardcore at this hobby than me.  Do you peeps just have tons of SDGr boys that you're chomping at the bit to get hands for?

• Like 1

cfx

Haha. I got the one for those hands today. I probably got that before but I don't remember. It seems like 90% of the Volks USA emails are for something that isn't applicable to me, either SDs or LA Dolpa.

And nope, no SDGr boys here. And I think you're more hardcore than me because you own an SD after all.

growcian
2 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Everyone else here is more hardcore at this hobby than me.  Do you peeps just have tons of SDGr boys that you're chomping at the bit to get hands for?

Oh, certainly! I have far more SDGr boys than I have Transformers! :lol:

5 minutes ago, cfx said:

Haha. I got the one for those hands today. I probably got that before but I don't remember. It seems like 90% of the Volks USA emails are for something that isn't applicable to me, either SDs or LA Dolpa.

And nope, no SDGr boys here. And I think you're more hardcore than me because you own an SD after all.

I also find most e-mail from Volks to be irrelevant to me so I usually just click "Delete". I'm going to LA Dolpa and I *still* find most of those messages to be not applicable to me. 🤣

I also do not have an SD so I fail at being "more hardcore". 😅

• Like 1

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

Tango_Six

I'm interested in the SD16 Abyss black set & wanted to get the SB-SD16G-079 thigh high boots to go with it - but it looks like those boots are now releasing the 15th September - I could have sworn they were releasing on the 31st August like the rest? They must have changed it recently.

cfx
15 minutes ago, Tango_Six said:

I'm interested in the SD16 Abyss black set & wanted to get the SB-SD16G-079 thigh high boots to go with it - but it looks like those boots are now releasing the 15th September - I could have sworn they were releasing on the 31st August like the rest? They must have changed it recently.

Notice that date is September 15, 2018 because these were already released, last year. However, they are supposed to be released again and should be part of this same event as they're shown here:

https://www.volks.co.jp/htd_nagoya7/sumika_sb.html

I can only guess, but the store page was probably still there from the last release and they've failed to update it with the upcoming event info. If that's it, hopefully it will be fixed when the event starts.

Tango_Six
1 hour ago, cfx said:

Notice that date is September 15, 2018 because these were already released, last year. However, they are supposed to be released again and should be part of this same event as they're shown here:

https://www.volks.co.jp/htd_nagoya7/sumika_sb.html

I can only guess, but the store page was probably still there from the last release and they've failed to update it with the upcoming event info. If that's it, hopefully it will be fixed when the event starts.

Hmm...didn't notice that it was 2018. But I did wishlist it on the website when it first came up - and I think it had August 31st originally - plus the "coming soon" which is gone now too. Guess I'll wait & see on Saturday - but you're more than likely right.

Edited by Tango_Six
Spelling

Gabriel
3 hours ago, cfx said:

That boot page is fixed now.

They re-booted it.  @onion34@

• Haha 1

cfx

Reminder to everyone that the clickwar for the clothing items, and a bit later for Rem and Ram, will be tonight.

This will be my first time trying to buy clothes since the website changed and things are no longer reserved by putting them in your cart. Since I want more than one Abyss Black outfit I'm not feeling particularly happy or confident right now.

@onion33@

Edited by cfx

Shailara
4 hours ago, cfx said:

Reminder to everyone that the clickwar for the clothing items, and a bit later for Rem and Ram, will be tonight.

This will be my first time trying to buy clothes since the website changed and things are no longer reserved by putting them in your cart. Since I want more than one Abyss Black outfit I'm not feeling particularly happy or confident right now.

@onion33@

Good luck 😮 There are a few sets I want, but unfortunately money is tight until the release of 2B (just want to make sure I have enough... they can't release her any time sooner, can they?)

• Thanks 1

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Shailara said:

Good luck 😮 There are a few sets I want, but unfortunately money is tight until the release of 2B (just want to make sure I have enough... they can't release her any time sooner, can they?)

I would expect a schedule announcement within a few weeks, and plan for a payment request as soon as late September. 

I think it will be more likely to be early October, with a few weeks to pay, but better to be prepared ahead. 

This is all assuming that there isn’t a delay. 

For that matter, next pre order could tease any time in the next few weeks. 

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

For that matter, next pre order could tease any time in the next few weeks. 

I think Volks news is coming out on the 9th, so I’m expecting to see the new preorder dolls revealed on twitter next Friday. That’s only if they do it the way they have previously and not like Nier where Squeenix had their own wants on how they got shown. I’m also curious if there will be a short countdown again, cos those were fun. 

September Collection will also be revealed then so I’m just gonna wait and see if there’s anything I want in that before ordering any After Event stuff... I’ve had good luck with stuff I want staying in stock for months but if it really does sell out I’m not too bothered. I just think that white overall set would look good on 9S.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Monty said:

September Collection will also be revealed then so I’m just gonna wait and see if there’s anything I want in that before ordering any After Event stuff... I’ve had good luck with stuff I want staying in stock for months but if it really does sell out I’m not too bothered. I just think that white overall set would look good on 9S.

Well, their website is predictably down due to congestion, so your only option is to wait. XD

cfx

It's incredibly frustrating. I logged into the site 10-15 minutes before it started and made sure my info was already there. Immediately when it started trying to go to pages would tend to given an error message in Japanese. Still, without too much trouble I managed to get the three outfits and one pair of boots into my cart, in about 15 minutes.

I've been trying to check out for the past hour. I get varying stages into it, then get an error and have to start over. Once in a while it goes all the way to the end with a URL saying it's a confirmation page, but it's just blank and my cart is still there so I know it hasn't actually gone through. In less than 45 minutes the clickwar for Ram and Rem will start, so it's only going to get worse. If I can't check out by that point I will just give up.

What was the point of the new website? The old one was frustrating, but I did manage to actually buy something a few times in the clickwars.

@onion10@  @onion19@  @onion2@

Edited by cfx
  • Sad 1

ajl

Yeah, uh, no one I know has been able to complete checkout. I've gotten to checkout a couple of times but it just immediately errors out of it. It's like volks hates money or something. I guess I might have to try for the outfit I wanted at Dollpa at the rate it's going, which is also frustrating to me. 

Gr8 website volks. 0/10 

cfx

I've now spent over two hours trying to buy outfits. Rem and Ram's lottery has now started as well, and the site is just a repeating error page now, and with that I think it's time to give up.

This is incredibly frustrating.  @onion6@

• Sad 1

Tango_Six

Yeah, I could only get as far as check your order - then when I went to pay I got an error. Multiple times.

As much as I dislike Nippon Yasan to get figures from, at least when they had sales they would put you in a queue to get into the website. Telling you what ticket number you have & what ticket number it is currently up to.

cfx

I'm still getting nothing but errors now. Since people couldn't get the outfits in the two hours before Rem and Ram went up, everyone is trying to buy everything at the same time now.

They should go back to lottery. Not winning is disappointing, but it's a lot more fair than this is. This is not only frustrating, it punishes you if you don't have the fastest best internet.

I've kept the page up and try to refresh it once in a while. I'm not going to spend much time on it, but maybe in a couple of hours the website traffic will die down enough the site might actually work, and if anything I wanted is still left I may be able to get it then. Otherwise I'll try for the Volks USA lottery whenever that is. It hasn't been announced yet AFAIK.

Edit: I finally got the cart page to come up again, two hours later, and now my cart is emptied it seems. I might be logged out too; since I'm still getting tons of errors it's hard to really tell anything.

Edited by cfx