Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AyaToyBox

DDS Rem and Ram (Re:zero)

cfx
3 minutes ago, Takemoto said:

I was hoping to get marketplace access and buy off someone before I just make my own...

You shouldn't have to do that though; Volks really should take care of this.

Monty

I think Volks have this measure to prevent people from just saying they were missing a piece when they actually broke or lost it themself, since they will only replace defective pieces. It makes sense when you consider how easy it would be for someone to merely claim they were missing something or that it was defective as a way to get free stuff hence needing to send the piece as proof. Still, as someone who broke the hairclip on the Snow Miku 2017 outfit, while i think it’d be nice if it was possible to pay for a separate one I understand why the logistics of that would make it difficult.

cfx

That all makes sense, but it still isn't right. The consumer has an expectation that he is buying a full and complete product, and any typical warranty covers missing as well as damaged pieces. Volks requiring a broken part for a replacement is basically Volks saying they do not trust their customers and do not acknowledge even a possibility that they (Volks) might have make a mistake in packaging. Of course someone can be dishonest and use this to get a spare part, or a replacement for one they broke themselves, but that's not unique to dolls; that appplies to really any product that comes with separate parts and it's just something companies have to accept, really.

That should at least be the case for any DD bought from Volks Japan or Volks USA. There should also be such a warranty for dolls bought via partner shops, but those shops would probably be expected to handle dealing with the customer in that case. Of course Volks has no obligation to replace parts on dolls bought via Mandarake, Yahoo Japan, or other non-official sources.

What if it's not just something small like a hair clip? Maybe an entire clothing bag is missing. These things happen whether packing is automated or done by manual labor. The customer shouldn't be made accountable for proving that something isn't there, because that's something that isn't provable, and it presumes the customer is being dishonest. It's not a criminal court of law, but innocent until proven guilty should still apply, not the inverse.

Sometime in the past year, I bought a pair of shoes from Volks Japan and what I got were two left (or right? I don't remember anymore) shoes, not an actual pair. So that's something I could take a picture of to show them, and they sent me another pair. Even that required some trust on their part. I also couldn't truly prove what I sent them a picture of was what I received; it was, of course, but it's not something I could prove to them.

Edited by cfx

I thought they were quite generous about these things, so I'm pretty surprised that they won't send a new hair clip. 

I had a problem with the armoured feet of my Saber (the pegs would not fit), so I sent them a mail to see if they could help. Since I'd pre-ordered her from TOM, I had to contact both TOM (so they could confirm my purchase) and Volks (explaining the issue). But after the confirmation, they were quick to send me replacement parts. It was overall a positive experience, and they were really nice and helpful about it. I did send them a picture of the parts, but it's not like they could see that the pegs didn't fit with the pictures alone. 

BeyondTime
On 11/23/2019 at 2:35 AM, childepaladin said:

I thought they were quite generous about these things, so I'm pretty surprised that they won't send a new hair clip. 

I had a problem with the armoured feet of my Saber (the pegs would not fit), so I sent them a mail to see if they could help. Since I'd pre-ordered her from TOM, I had to contact both TOM (so they could confirm my purchase) and Volks (explaining the issue). But after the confirmation, they were quick to send me replacement parts. It was overall a positive experience, and they were really nice and helpful about it. I did send them a picture of the parts, but it's not like they could see that the pegs didn't fit with the pictures alone. 

That was a known manufacturing issue, and afaik every Saber shipped with those bad foot joints.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

5 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

That was a known manufacturing issue, and afaik every Saber shipped with those bad foot joints.

I see, it was a completely different case then. 

baldylox
37 minutes ago, Beani said:

Anyone still after the outfits for these two? ( @baldylox maybe?) There are one of each on Yahoo Auctions right now starting at 10,000 yen:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t690510203?al=13&iref=alt_10&irefopt=B

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u320072862?al=13&iref=alt_11&irefopt=B

While I do definitely want one of these outfits, I'll wait for something more reasonable.  Meaning, once those auctions end, I have to add in taxes, twice the shipping, proxy fees etc.  By then we're talking a LOT of moolah.  I'd rather wait for them to show up on Mandarake or Facebook or something like that so I'm not paying a silly amount for them.  I think I'd be happy with paying about $150-$200 for the Rem outfit since I only have one girl with an S-bust ( Saber Arturia ) and I already have a maid set for her.  😉

So if anyone out there wants to sell their Rem set, do let me know!  :) 

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Beani

@baldylox Fair enough! If you get lucky auction prices can be a lot lower than Mandarake even after proxy but with these still being fairly new I guess there may end up being a lot of bids on them. 

• Like 1

cfx

Another pic of that Rem with a different style:

I think she looks just a little bit like Asuna like this.

• Like 1

baldylox
On 12/8/2019 at 10:23 AM, Beani said:

@baldylox Fair enough! If you get lucky auction prices can be a lot lower than Mandarake even after proxy but with these still being fairly new I guess there may end up being a lot of bids on them. 

Oddly enough, I just got a package from a friend in Canada and inside were a few free extras.  Guess what one of those extras was?  A custom Rem maid set!  It's not the Volks one but it looks amazing and is really well made.  It has everything but the shoes.  So I guess I get to cross that one off the list now.  😉

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Beani
On 12/14/2019 at 7:55 AM, baldylox said:

Oddly enough, I just got a package from a friend in Canada and inside were a few free extras.  Guess what one of those extras was?  A custom Rem maid set!  It's not the Volks one but it looks amazing and is really well made.  It has everything but the shoes.  So I guess I get to cross that one off the list now.  😉

Billy

What a great friend! Even if it’s not the official one it is great you can cross it off the list. Congrats!

• Like 1

foo

You know, I didn't have any doubt that these were good sculpts, but I still had no idea they looked like this (especially the one you posted Dec 12).

cfx
1 hour ago, foo said:

You know, I didn't have any doubt that these were good sculpts, but I still had no idea they looked like this (especially the one you posted Dec 12).

I think their standard look with the wigs completely covering one eye really obscures what the sculpts truly look like. I had a similar reaction when I first saw those pictures on Instagram.

cfx

Another set of repaints:

My opinion: Rem is cute, Ram looks a bit odd.

Edited by cfx

cfx

Another random repaint I saw; I actually thought this was an Asuna Titania until I read the tags:

• Like 2

BeyondTime
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

moerunamida

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

BeyondTime
22 hours ago, Deyja said:

I bet the shipping would be a pretty penny!

I'm sort of thinking that this is something businesses will buy for their flagship stores.