Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AyaToyBox

DDS Rem and Ram (Re:zero)

Victoria
48 minutes ago, cfx said:

Yeah they've been doing this lately. These two, and Miku Reboot and Sakura Miku were clickwars. As far as I recall, Sailor Mercury and Mars were still lottery though.

The Volks website has been performing so badly during these clickwars they are even more frustrating than they'd otherwise be. :(

(Nice to see you posting again.)

For real... 😕 That su***. I really liked the lotteries 1-2 years ago as the winning rates were super high and I was hoping they'd continue it like that in the near future, too. Recently they seem to constantly change things anyway.  I still remember how they "refused" paypal payments  for a while which they changed again, thank goodness, and now these clickwars for limited dolls. -.-

(I'm back into business again ♡)

cfx

Hopefully they're just still experimenting with different styles of selling rather than having abandoned the lotteries completely. Last year clearly they were trying various things, with the Luka lottery that was just to determine when you got her but everyone did get her, and Matoi's lottery which had a timeframe more like a short preorder.

It will be interesting to see how the December dolls are handled, especially if it's more Sailor Moon.

It doesn't help you in Germany, but so far Volks USA is still doing lotteries for these same dolls that Volks Japan is doing by clickwar.

As far as Rem goes, since the Volks page doesn't have that thing where you can ask to be notified of a restock, they probably aren't expecting one. However, things also reappear oddly sometimes, so who knows. Mandarake doesn't currently have her, but there is a sold listing so they have had her already; she is listed as 100,000 yen.

DML
12 hours ago, Victoria said:

Is there still a chance that Rem will get restocked on the Volks Int page?  ;-; (And btw, did they change smth? I can't remember that I have seen a click war for limited dolls before. I hope they'll hold lotteries in the future again) 

I'm not sure if Rem & Ram will be restocked on Volks Int. Because they are very limited once they have sold out that is it.

Unless the do a re-release of them again which wont be for a while. But you can always  check on their friend shops.

Here is the link: https://www.dollfiedream.tokyo/dd_en/friendshop/  

I hope this helps.

Gabriel

Just checking.  Has anyone received anything further about Rem or Ram beyond the email on Oct 11 stating the dolls would be shipping in a couple of weeks?

Galvatim

Nothing yet.  I'm hoping for a shipping notice sometime this week.  

Gabriel

Got my shipping notice and tracking number this evening.  I had just started up Conan: The Destroyer and the music fanfare hit right as the email entered my inbox.

• Haha 1

Galvatim

I received my shipping notice, too.  

Beani

I look forward to seeing some new Rems/Rams around the forum!

I put Ram back in her default yesterday and believe I found the staining culprit. Inside the sleeves is white but the seam has black threads sticking out like crazy. So where the elastic parts are the black threads were being pushed onto the vinyl with quite a bit of force. I’ve applied some protection tape to the seam and now hoping that fixes it. I recommend everyone else take some sort of protection measure for this clothing part too. 

BeyondTime
56 minutes ago, Beani said:

I look forward to seeing some new Rems/Rams around the forum!

I put Ram back in her default yesterday and believe I found the staining culprit. Inside the sleeves is white but the seam has black threads sticking out like crazy. So where the elastic parts are the black threads were being pushed onto the vinyl with quite a bit of force. I’ve applied some protection tape to the seam and now hoping that fixes it. I recommend everyone else take some sort of protection measure for this clothing part too. 

That's really common with those outfits. They do a much better job lining stuff, but then the seams get you.

Still the way they line stuff is an improvement. At least it minimizes the stain potential.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Beani
32 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

That's really common with those outfits. They do a much better job lining stuff, but then the seams get you.

Still the way they line stuff is an improvement. At least it minimizes the stain potential.

Yeah I’m usually super particular about checking all the seams but I guess in my initial excitement I forgot to check the upper sleeve. Lesson learnt, at least the damage wasn’t too bad.

Hope others heed my warning!

jadepixel

My Rem arrived! I'm being extra cautious and taping all the black seams/threads inside her outfit, though I'm not super optimistic about preventing any stains this way long term.

Also I'm very paranoid about breaking her hairclip, and there's a lot of little delicate bits on her outfit that make me nervous ^_^;

rem-0772.jpg

• Like 8

Beani

@jadepixel Your Rem looks gorgeous! Any tips on getting the parting of the wig to behave? I’m not very versed in wigs so haven’t tried any products to get my Ram’s fringe to stay just yet. 

jadepixel
3 hours ago, Beani said:

@jadepixel Your Rem looks gorgeous! Any tips on getting the parting of the wig to behave? I’m not very versed in wigs so haven’t tried any products to get my Ram’s fringe to stay just yet. 

Thanks! My Rem’s wig was styled pretty well to begin with, but I also used some wig wax to tame loose hairs. The Volks stuff works great and lasts forever since a little bit goes a long way.

Beani
9 hours ago, jadepixel said:

Thanks! My Rem’s wig was styled pretty well to begin with, but I also used some wig wax to tame loose hairs. The Volks stuff works great and lasts forever since a little bit goes a long way.

Yeah mine is styled pretty well too but there’s always a couple of stray hairs flying off which bother me. Yours looks perfect in the photo. Thanks for the tip, will try some wax. Probably on a cheaper wig first for practice since I have the products but have never really used them out of fear.

cfx
23 minutes ago, Beani said:

Probably on a cheaper wig first for practice since I have the products but have never really used them out of fear.

So familiar. :classic_laugh:  I bought the wax over a year ago and am afraid to use it. I'm also worried if it will stain the faceup or something.

As mentioned above, indeed you use just the tiniest bit. I saved this video from @archangeli because she shows applying it at the point the link should start at:

https://youtu.be/H2DelTqRm_U?t=1796

Before seeing that, I had no clue what technique to use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, cfx said:

So familiar. :classic_laugh:  I bought the wax over a year ago and am afraid to use it. I'm also worried if it will stain the faceup or something.

I’ve had no issues with it staining, but I always clean it off if I get any on the head. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Takemoto

I got both, but Ram was missing her X hair clip, I tried contacting volks, but no luck. I'm panciking to find a replacement. This wouldn't have been much of an issue if I didn't want it to match with Rem. 😿

• Sad 1

Innocentsake
23 hours ago, Takemoto said:

I got both, but Ram was missing her X hair clip, I tried contacting volks, but no luck. I'm panciking to find a replacement. This wouldn't have been much of an issue if I didn't want it to match with Rem. 😿

Did you check the inside of the bag that has her paperwork? In the past they have put small parts like that in those bags with no message letting anyone know. And if it isn't anywhere definitely keep messaging Volks that way you can get a replacement. 

phoenix

The “X” hair clip is in a white box together with the hair band. The two should be together in two separated compartment of the same sealed bag. So I don’t think anyone would have missed it. 

Takemoto
21 hours ago, phoenix said:

The “X” hair clip is in a white box together with the hair band. The two should be together in two separated compartment of the same sealed bag. So I don’t think anyone would have missed it. 

Just the hair band for me.

Beani
On 11/21/2019 at 5:03 AM, Takemoto said:

I’m rather shocked they won’t help. What reason did they give? They just don’t have spares or something?

• Like 1

Takemoto
13 minutes ago, Beani said:

I’m rather shocked they won’t help. What reason did they give? They just don’t have spares or something?

Only if I had a defective part to return.

Beani
6 minutes ago, Takemoto said:

Only if I had a defective part to return.

Wow, I guess they do that to prevent people asking for stuff when they already had it (or never even bought a doll) but still. If the bag the hair pieces came in was sealed and did not contain the cross piece you might be able to send that bag back as proof of a “defect”. Was the bag sealed but lacking the cross? If so I’d recommend trying to pitch it as a defect and return the bag (with the other hair piece, hopefully you left it in the bag without opening when you realized something was missing?)

Takemoto
1 hour ago, Beani said:

Wow, I guess they do that to prevent people asking for stuff when they already had it (or never even bought a doll) but still. If the bag the hair pieces came in was sealed and did not contain the cross piece you might be able to send that bag back as proof of a “defect”. Was the bag sealed but lacking the cross? If so I’d recommend trying to pitch it as a defect and return the bag (with the other hair piece, hopefully you left it in the bag without opening when you realized something was missing?)

I was hoping to get marketplace access and buy off someone before I just make my own...