Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Galvatim

Volks Needs a 70cm DD Body

Galvatim

Volks should make a taller, 70 cm body.  There are a number of characters that could use it.  Medusa from F/SN.  Lancer, Archer and Gilgamesh from F/SN.  Vlad from FGO.  Heck, Hunter D and Hellsing's Alucard.  

I had no idea I was such a Dracula fan...

Anyway, who agrees?  Disagree? Just a thought I had, after posting that bit about character height in the off topic section no one read.  

Tira

Personally, I'm kind of overly particular about my dolls being literally 1/3rd scale.  It's the reason I have so many 50cm Obitsus, because it maps more accurately to a real-life height of around 150cm.  Comparatively, 60cm would be around 180cm, and 70cm would be 210cm.  So I'd be more likely to use a 60cm body for a taller female character, and would probably prefer a DDS body for an "average" height character.  I think anything above 65cm would be too tall for me. That said, my Obitsus don't really look that much smaller than a DDS, so I don't know if I'll actually stick with my mathematical pickiness.

BeyondTime

There are some anime characters that would fit, but their tallest male doll is 65 cm, so they would need yet another size of clothing. I don't see that happening. As it is the DDP has to make due with whatever stuff made for MSD also fits them, and that's nothing with long pants.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

I think Volks is very conservative in adding additional things like this. There could be various reasons but it's likely just down to how much product they can actually make. DDP not having much clothing that's really for it suggests this. DDP only existing as two licensed dolls for so long suggests this. DDP not being made until it was kind of necessary since Iori and Yayoi needed to be smaller than the other Idolmaster girls, along with many older MDDs that would've been better suited to DDP size, suggests this.

Then there's the DDB and DDSB, which only now are anything other than limited dolls and still limited to Dream Choice for now. Volks made a tan limited (Kanu) long before making it a somewhat normal product, which is still just Dream Choice and D'Coord.

70cm might be significantly more expensive. The required materials wouldn't be much different, but the longer box size could possibly exceed some dimensional weight restrictions.

BeyondTime
3 minutes ago, cfx said:

I think Volks is very conservative in adding additional things like this. There could be various reasons but it's likely just down to how much product they can actually make. DDP not having much clothing that's really for it suggests this. DDP only existing as two licensed dolls for so long suggests this. DDP not being made until it was kind of necessary since Iori and Yayoi needed to be smaller than the other Idolmaster girls, along with many older MDDs that would've been better suited to DDP size, suggests this.

Then there's the DDB and DDSB, which only now are anything other than limited dolls and still limited to Dream Choice for now. Volks made a tan limited (Kanu) long before making it a somewhat normal product, which is still just Dream Choice and D'Coord.

I do think that eventually there will be more DDP. There are a lot of characters that fit an age 13 - 15 body better than an age 6 - 9 body. If they made all the Inner & Outer Senshi, Saturn would be DDP for example. I also expect boys will become standard eventually.

I have to admit Vampire Hunter D would be awesome to see made, and he would have to be tall. There are a ton of anime characters who would need that. I really think the big difference between DDP & a 70cm, is they do have a somewhat ready line of clothing in which all they really lack are long pants, and styles that better fit a tween and not child. With 70cm it would be all it's own thing, and unless Volks made a 70cm SD it will never happen as a DD.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Jezrah

I would be cool with a vinyl Male along the lines of an SD 17 or SD Gou size. Most vinyl Male dolls are fairly slender so far, though there was Danny's talk of a super hero size for his line. As far as bodies go, there is of course Vindoll, but they don't have anime style heads. Volks makes Sd 17 and SD Gou already, so there is already clothing.

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Galvatim

65cm is cool, too.  I have no real attachment to 70cm.  I don't know much of Volks' SD line, I knew they had one over 60cm, though.  I just want Rider and Lancer to be around a head taller than Rin.  Maybe I should change the title to taller body, rather than 70cm?   

I have no illusions that Volks will ever make the full F/SN cast in DD form, (Berserker will never happen) but Rider is so important in Heaven's Feel, and Volks should strike while the iron's hot. 

I also have no illusions that this thread will spur Volks into action.  They really do move slowly.  I'm hoping to see the DDP body in use more often, too, and while I'm happy tan DDs are finally a thing, I hope will get some collaboration or image character ones soon.  

BeyondTime

65 cm would be a good bit taller than a DD

If you look at an SD height chart, the SDGr girl with high heel feet is comparable in height to a DD. SD16 girls are about a head taller than a DD, and I want to say they are around 62 cm. DOA lists their neck height as 58cm, so I suspect actual height may vary a bit by head. 

SD17 boys get some awesome outfits, so I think Volks could totally rock a 65 cm DDB size. There really are a lot of great characters they could make. 

• Like 1

mizya

A 70cm tall Dollfie Dream guy would be a total dream but like others have said, I doubt it would happen. :C I fully expect them to make a Dynamite equivalent male at some point, though, and hopefully he'd be taller and a bit more muscular than DD and DDS boys. I do like the DD & DDS boy bodies because I love me some lean boys, but I'd also want a more mature guy to go with my Dynamite ladies. :'3

I keep hoping that they'd go for Fate (Stay Night) Archer and Gilgamesh so that we'd get a taller and manlier male body - and hopefully more grown up faces too. I'm not a big Fate fan but that's the franchise that they're most likely to release guys from, so... I do love Gilgamesh as a character, though. xD In terms of customisation FSN Archer tempts me because he'd have to have a darker skin colour. A mature guy in tan would be beyond awesome.

Edited by mizya

My doll family: Umeko DDH-06 Megumi DDS Mariko Suiren DDdy Sheryl Nome Yuuri DDS Kagamine Rin Yuuya DDSb Kagamine Len ♥ Kanade DDdy Megurine Luka Miharu MDD Arle Nadja Rion DDb Kaito ♥ Enju MDD Marisa 
+ guardian to DD Y'shtola
My blogcarrd | instagram

Tira

I'd love it if they just did vinyl versions of the SD17/SDGou bodies.  They did have special resin versions of Archer and Gilgamesh for display with their other Fate dolls at one event, so just make those into vinyl dolls.  They'd definitely need to do new bodies for pretty much any Fate guy outside of Astolfo.  Even Shirou is pretty buff.

• Like 1

AliceAlicaArisu

I would definitely like to see a 70cm DD but since I make doll clothes, the clothing wouldn't be an issue. If I didn't sew, it would be much more expensive to splash out for a whole new size of wardrobe so I probably wouldn't be interested TwT

💗 Waiting on DD Mikuru 💗