The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

CammiXu

Advice how to make a too-large wig stay put?

CammiXu

I bought a black wig for my doll but it's so loose around her head it just slides off (a shame because she's cute in it)

Is there a good way to make it stay on, or adjust its size? I've tried rubber bands over the cap but they're not too reliable.

Thanks in advance,

Cam

Monty

There are a few ways.

You can use a cloth wig cap - Volks and other online doll stores carry them. Volks sell something called Pitatto Wig (currently sold out on the international site but will probably restock) - it is an adhesive strip you can attach to the top of the girls head which increases the friction on the head and stops the wig sliding around so much. 

I've also seen people use adhesive velcro strips - on the top of the dolls head and inside the wig - to help keep a wig in place. You can probably find those in most craft stores or even office supply stores - velcro dots are often sold as something to attach posters etc with.

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Monty said:

There are a few ways.

You can use a cloth wig cap - Volks and other online doll stores carry them. Volks sell something called Pitatto Wig (currently sold out on the international site but will probably restock) - it is an adhesive strip you can attach to the top of the girls head which increases the friction on the head and stops the wig sliding around so much.

Pitatto Wig works really well on SD heads, which are kind of slick and don't grip the wig well. I think the advantage of that over standard Velcro is that it's got a very mild adhesive on the back and will come off without leaving glue on the dolls head. It's also white so it won't stain a DD, and it's very thin.

You can also use silicone caps, but be careful with wigs that have a dark wig cap. Silicone tends to increase the likelihood of color transfer to the doll, so with dark wig caps you put a cloth cap under the silicone cap.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

foo

Yea, depending on how loose it is, a cloth wig cap will help a bit, a silicone wig cap will help a lot. Silicone caps result in a surface that has a lot of friction, so it really won't slip unless the wig is just massively too large. FWIW the one I'm using is from Coolcat, their white one.

HazelMaze

You can also mod the wig with a little sewing, gently "tacking" it to create a better fit. Looking up human tutorials for wig modding is a good way to go.