Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

DML

Azone Doll Information

DML

I have seen a few Azone dolls online that I really like. 

Could anyone that has experience on these dolls give me a little more information about them.  Like pros and cons, Differences to other dolls. 

Thank you🐈

Riesz

I have Azone Wabi-Sabi Sumire - https://myfigurecollection.net/item/782432

Pros - She's adorable, very nicely made.  The fullset outfit is gorgeous, like all Azone clothing.  Her default eyes are pretty and the wig is nice quality, very soft fibers.  Her body is made of a soft, squishy vinyl that is nice to the touch.  She poses well and holds poses nicely.

Cons - Her body is an odd size and she can't wear much, if any of the DD clothing I have.  Her head and eyes are smaller too, so I had to purchase separate wigs and eyes for her.  This wouldn't be as much of an issue if I had more than one doll this size but I am disappointed that she isn't able to share the stuff I bought for my DDs.  Also, the Obitsu body she is on has visible kneecaps that might be a turn-off for some people.

Overall, I'd say if you plan to keep the doll in her fullset or don't mind purchasing extra things just for her, I'd recommend the larger Azone dolls!  They are very pretty and nicely made, I'd say on par with Volks in terms of quality.

Since the larger Azone dolls are on Obitsu bodies, they are included in this forum - https://www.dolldreaming.com/forum/34-general-discussions/

Here's the thread for Azone dolls - https://www.dolldreaming.com/topic/1911-azone-50s-anyone/

Edited by Riesz
  • Thanks 1

Cauldroness

What kind of Azone dolls are you talking about? There's a big difference between their 1/12, 1/6, and 1/3 lines.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

DML
22 hours ago, Riesz said:

I have Azone Wabi-Sabi Sumire - https://myfigurecollection.net/item/782432

Pros - She's adorable, very nicely made.  The fullset outfit is gorgeous, like all Azone clothing.  Her default eyes are pretty and the wig is nice quality, very soft fibers.  Her body is made of a soft, squishy vinyl that is nice to the touch.  She poses well and holds poses nicely.

Cons - Her body is an odd size and she can't wear much, if any of the DD clothing I have.  Her head and eyes are smaller too, so I had to purchase separate wigs and eyes for her.  This wouldn't be as much of an issue if I had more than one doll this size but I am disappointed that she isn't able to share the stuff I bought for my DDs.  Also, the Obitsu body she is on has visible kneecaps that might be a turn-off for some people.

Overall, I'd say if you plan to keep the doll in her fullset or don't mind purchasing extra things just for her, I'd recommend the larger Azone dolls!  They are very pretty and nicely made, I'd say on par with Volks in terms of quality.

Since the larger Azone dolls are on Obitsu bodies, they are included in this forum - https://www.dolldreaming.com/forum/34-general-discussions/

Here's the thread for Azone dolls - https://www.dolldreaming.com/topic/1911-azone-50s-anyone/

Thank you very much for the info. Wabi-Sabi Sumire is so adorable ! 💗

DML
22 hours ago, Cauldroness said:

What kind of Azone dolls are you talking about? There's a big difference between their 1/12, 1/6, and 1/3 lines.

The DD size ones. 

nocturne

I think @Riesz has already pointed you in the right direction.
It is also a good idea to scan the Obitsu forum for information on 48/50 cm dolls, be they Angel Philia, Azone, Obitsu, Parabox or Visuadoll( and whatever I might have missed), as they are using basically the same skeletons and largely interchangeable parts.
That is a large plus to start with in my opinion as is allows for modification( say diff shape) and add-ons( say another set of hands) but also for easy and comparably cheap repair should something break over time ... skeleton parts at least in normal skin tone are almost always available from Obitsu.
Another definitive plus is the pose ability of these dolls, you may want to look here: http://madhvinyl.com/special/005.html

As for Azone specifically, I have only one: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/396826

I did like the look and especially the expression, so I went for the set, thankfully at a nice discount.
For the background, I did not know the anime nor the character, so I had to look them up, but after doing so, I'd say that the resemblance is pretty good.
Now for some more detailed criticism, however, before I do so I have to state that this is the only doll so far I ever bought as a set( with clothing) and I usually buy mostly pre-owned dolls and then look for some suitable sutff( eyes, wigs, clothing) later.
So maybe my expectations were a little too high.

I would say the doll itself is very fine, no complaints, more like a thumbs up and that does even include the painted on eyes( another feature only this doll of mine has).
The gloves are painted onto the hands, but again, I consider this a good idea and appropriate.
The wig is from somewhat thicker strands but otherwise fine, its very long and has one "antenna" strand on top - for an anime character I consider it OK.
The tie is finely made and nicely adjustable.
So far, so good, but now my expectations start to hit.
The shirt ... looks like worn in the anime I guess, but ... has no buttons but instead two hooks( like those used on the back of a bra), the lower collar is not really there on one side and most of all, it could never be worn "normally" as in "closed" further below due to its cut.
The jacket, while of nice cloth and well made suffers from similar issues as well - yeah, look is OK when compared to the anime - but no buttons or other mechanism to close it and even if those were there an inherent inability due to the cut, just not enough cloth to even attempt closing.
In all fairness, had I been just a fan of the anime, these two would probably not matter, but if you expect an otherwise useful shirt and coat ... oh, well.
The skirt ... is made of cloth feeling "cheap" and just does not look good - personal opinion for sure, but Scottish tartans look significantly better.
But the biggest disappointment of all are ... the boots !
I can hardly call them that ... I'd prefer to say weak rubber junk.
They are made from rubbery black stuff, have no way to be opened or closed and the "features" are imprinted on the rubber ... the only way to wear them is ... to rip out the feet and then push the rubber onto the shin skin.
Therefore my doll is currently standing barefoot on her magnetic plate( another pro here) and I am looking for some boots for her that do not necessarily reflect the anime perfectly but are more useful and beautiful.
I might consider exchanging the skirt later on as well if I find something similar but better made.

If I had bought her at retail price I would have been pretty angry about these issues, but overall and considering the lower price paid I must say I am happy I got her as I find her look to be quite unique among my other dolls and I really like her expression.

If I did not already have quite a few dolls in the 60cm range then I would probably have given the 48/50 range a closer look and even with those being there I decided to go for this doll and a few Angel Philia's ... they're just worth it in my book.

I hope it helps, if you really like one of these, go for it.

• Thanks 1

DML
12 hours ago, nocturne said:

I think @Riesz has already pointed you in the right direction.
It is also a good idea to scan the Obitsu forum for information on 48/50 cm dolls, be they Angel Philia, Azone, Obitsu, Parabox or Visuadoll( and whatever I might have missed), as they are using basically the same skeletons and largely interchangeable parts.
That is a large plus to start with in my opinion as is allows for modification( say diff shape) and add-ons( say another set of hands) but also for easy and comparably cheap repair should something break over time ... skeleton parts at least in normal skin tone are almost always available from Obitsu.
Another definitive plus is the pose ability of these dolls, you may want to look here: http://madhvinyl.com/special/005.html

As for Azone specifically, I have only one: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/396826

I did like the look and especially the expression, so I went for the set, thankfully at a nice discount.
For the background, I did not know the anime nor the character, so I had to look them up, but after doing so, I'd say that the resemblance is pretty good.
Now for some more detailed criticism, however, before I do so I have to state that this is the only doll so far I ever bought as a set( with clothing) and I usually buy mostly pre-owned dolls and then look for some suitable sutff( eyes, wigs, clothing) later.
So maybe my expectations were a little too high.

I would say the doll itself is very fine, no complaints, more like a thumbs up and that does even include the painted on eyes( another feature only this doll of mine has).
The gloves are painted onto the hands, but again, I consider this a good idea and appropriate.
The wig is from somewhat thicker strands but otherwise fine, its very long and has one "antenna" strand on top - for an anime character I consider it OK.
The tie is finely made and nicely adjustable.
So far, so good, but now my expectations start to hit.
The shirt ... looks like worn in the anime I guess, but ... has no buttons but instead two hooks( like those used on the back of a bra), the lower collar is not really there on one side and most of all, it could never be worn "normally" as in "closed" further below due to its cut.
The jacket, while of nice cloth and well made suffers from similar issues as well - yeah, look is OK when compared to the anime - but no buttons or other mechanism to close it and even if those were there an inherent inability due to the cut, just not enough cloth to even attempt closing.
In all fairness, had I been just a fan of the anime, these two would probably not matter, but if you expect an otherwise useful shirt and coat ... oh, well.
The skirt ... is made of cloth feeling "cheap" and just does not look good - personal opinion for sure, but Scottish tartans look significantly better.
But the biggest disappointment of all are ... the boots !
I can hardly call them that ... I'd prefer to say weak rubber junk.
They are made from rubbery black stuff, have no way to be opened or closed and the "features" are imprinted on the rubber ... the only way to wear them is ... to rip out the feet and then push the rubber onto the shin skin.
Therefore my doll is currently standing barefoot on her magnetic plate( another pro here) and I am looking for some boots for her that do not necessarily reflect the anime perfectly but are more useful and beautiful.
I might consider exchanging the skirt later on as well if I find something similar but better made.

If I had bought her at retail price I would have been pretty angry about these issues, but overall and considering the lower price paid I must say I am happy I got her as I find her look to be quite unique among my other dolls and I really like her expression.

If I did not already have quite a few dolls in the 60cm range then I would probably have given the 48/50 range a closer look and even with those being there I decided to go for this doll and a few Angel Philia's ... they're just worth it in my book.

I hope it helps, if you really like one of these, go for it.

Thank you! I am definitely sold on Azone. Now I have two Azone dolls I will add to my Dollfie collection. 💗

Xiongmao

This thread is a little old but if anyone else wants to know my first ever Azone Pureneemos arrived today:

spacer.png

These are 1/6 scale but I have to say that 2 of these does not equal the height of one 1/3 scale Dollfie!

What I like about these Azone girls is that they're much cheaper than Dollfies/Smart Dolls, are easier to pose and of course easier to travel with.

Rem (blue hair) and Ram (pink hair) from the Re:Zero anime are highly desirable and likely to become very sought after in the future. And Flora Louise Miu (centre) is simply gorgeous.

I'm looking forward to visiting Japan again one day because there is now an Azone store in Akihabara.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Rajke
On 1/6/2022 at 5:48 PM, Xiongmao said:

This thread is a little old but if anyone else wants to know my first ever Azone Pureneemos arrived today:

spacer.png

These are 1/6 scale but I have to say that 2 of these does not equal the height of one 1/3 scale Dollfie!

What I like about these Azone girls is that they're much cheaper than Dollfies/Smart Dolls, are easier to pose and of course easier to travel with.

Rem (blue hair) and Ram (pink hair) from the Re:Zero anime are highly desirable and likely to become very sought after in the future. And Flora Louise Miu (centre) is simply gorgeous.

I'm looking forward to visiting Japan again one day because there is now an Azone store in Akihabara.

Pureneemo’s are indeed really cute. Started my doll journey with Pureneemo Rem. 
I can see that your Rem and Ram are not long out of there box. They’re wigs are will get in shape in about 24 hours in the open air. That is one weird amazing fact about the Pureneemo. The cross shape hairpiece was a real pain to ad but I managed to ad it in the end. 😁

I agree that they are a bit smaller than 1/6. They are somewhere between 1/6 and 1/7. 

@onion20@   This is a signature.

Tasuke

got my first-ever Pure Neemo coming from MANDARAKE, should arrive by tomorrow in fact!!

"The Squid Girl" (Shinryaku! Ika Musume) is a wonderfully charming little Anime that should not be missed;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squid_Girl

Squid_Girl_Pure_Neemo_12-21-21_(2).jpg?w

Squid_Girl_Pure_Neemo_12-21-21_(1).jpg?w

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Xiongmao
On 1/9/2022 at 10:55 PM, Rajke said:

I can see that your Rem and Ram are not long out of there box. They’re wigs are will get in shape in about 24 hours in the open air. That is one weird amazing fact about the Pureneemo. The cross shape hairpiece was a real pain to ad but I managed to ad it in the end. 😁

Ha ha, well noticed. Yes their hair is funny when you take the plastic film off.

I took Rem and Ram out and realised their hair got messed up so I pushed it back so their correct eyes are showing.

I finished Re:Zero series 1 last night. I need to rewatch it really as I'm very puzzled by the Rem and Ram story arc. Maybe series 2 will clear it up, maybe not.

Hopefully they'll re-release Emilia as the original Pureneemo version of her is $400 on eBay.

Anyway, no more dolls for me until the outcome of the Volk's lottery. If I get another Pureneemo I'd sure like to get the To Heart2 girl so she can coordinate with my Dollfie versions of the outfit.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Tasuke
23 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

... If I get another Pureneemo I'd sure like to get the To Heart2 girl so she can coordinate with my Dollfie versions of the outfit.

you mean PN Maako/Maryan? she can be had at the moment from MANDARAKE for a liitle over $100 USD;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174945607098?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Xiongmao

Yes that's the one. Fortuntely she's not particularly rare... not as rare as Re:Zero Emilia anyway.