Jump to content

PrettyCranium

Yami Usagi

Baldylox

otakusan

Poofiemus

iomi

Baldylox

archangeli

Juu Yuki

Uriko

Singer Yuna

Baldylox

battrastard

Migon

Sign in to follow this  
sdrcow

From resin to Vinyl

Recommended Posts

sdrcow

Hello all!
How refreshing to have a new forum for doll-related things~N~stuff! 
I've recently made an order to VolksUSA for a DDS Karin, standing by for my order to ship and losing my mind in the process - I've stumbled on to this community via several hours of youtube and other dollfie related postings.

I've got a pretty good background with BJDs, but I've got a resin portfolio - nothing Vinyl as of yet... 
Stoked to see the difference and 'refresh' my doll hobby! 
I go by sdrcow with my galleries (which again consist of resin as of now) but soon I'll be filling it with Vinyl.!
IG and deviantART (RIP dA...) are my main jams... hoping to meet new artists and collectors!

Thanks if you made it this far!

sdrcow

 

P.S. Anyone from the states have a rough estimate on how long Volks takes to ship? I hear it's under a week? That would be grand... is anyone able to confirm? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cfx

Welcome. @onion12@

55 minutes ago, sdrcow said:

Anyone from the states have a rough estimate on how long Volks takes to ship? I hear it's under a week? That would be grand... is anyone able to confirm?

I haven't ordered a doll from them, but that's generally been my experience, about a week. It'll feel like nothing happens, then after a few days you'll get an email you've been charged, and a day or so later a shipment email.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeyondTime
Posted (edited)

On rare occasions it takes longer than a week for stuff to ship, but they usually pretty prompt. The main delays are usually them being away at events. 

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CuteOne

Welcome to the vinyl world! I hope you'll love your girl. Like cfx I've never ordered a full doll from them (save for the preorders) but usually with the random items I've purchased it takes about a week or less for them to ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sdrcow
20 hours ago, cfx said:

Welcome. @onion12@

I haven't ordered a doll from them, but that's generally been my experience, about a week. It'll feel like nothing happens, then after a few days you'll get an email you've been charged, and a day or so later a shipment email.

Thank you!~ Hopefully I get that e-mail soon then! I'll try to post my full experience for other collectors. Ty for the response!  

18 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

On rare occasions it takes longer than a week for stuff to ship, but they usually pretty prompt. The main delays are usually them being away at events. 

Oh thanks! - I'm not aware of any event going on right now... so fingers crossed she gets to me quickly - I've got some Halloween photos I'd like to try to do! 

15 hours ago, CuteOne said:

Welcome to the vinyl world! I hope you'll love your girl. Like cfx I've never ordered a full doll from them (save for the preorders) but usually with the random items I've purchased it takes about a week or less for them to ship.

Thanks for the welcome! :)  I'll keep an updated log of how long it look etc for others as well.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Siara

Welcome ^__^ I recently started reading into vinyl as well. There are two vinyl dolls at home already by now but I'm not too convinced yet so I'm trying to see whether it's just the company that's not that not my thing. The vinyl dolls I have at home now just lack mobility and that's key for me. Coming from a resin family myself I can say you're in for a fun surprise. Make sure to let us know when they arrive~ ^__^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sdrcow

Confirmed and in hand! How different! I really like her - angles for photography are a lot different for me apparently so that's gonna be a new thing to learn, but I'm really happy so far. 

I placed two orders (eyes and the doll separately) Eyes placed on Saturday, the Doll placed on Sunday - both items arrived on the same day on Thursday! So (not including the weekend) look 4 days!

I live in the USA and placed my order with VolksUSA for anyone wondering. 

:) Photos are going up, sadly I've not had a chance to take proper outdoor (day) photos... been stuck with artificial light which I hate. SOON.spacer.png

I went ahead and made her a witch outfit since Halloween is around the corner!~ 

Enjoy - again she's a DDS Karin! :] 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy.