Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
sdrcow

Clothing for DDS?

sdrcow

Hello everyone! Please forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere (I'm sure it has...)
But is there a thread for clothing brands that fit the Dollfie Dream Sister? - I've been searching the webs for threads but for some reason (operator error) I'm having no luck finding anything for DDS

Major Doll companies to random 'in store' clothing (like doll lines that stores like wal-mart would carry).
I know sometimes the retail store lines can fit Vinyls and Resin dolls pretty well... 

Thanks!

BeyondTime

Unfortunately even Volks doesn’t make much stuff sized for DDS. Much of what they have made is outfits for limited dolls. 

A lot of the third party stuff sold for DD is sized for SD13/SDGr. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

Indeed, in general, no distinction tends to be made between DDS and DD for clothing and that's probably why you haven't really found much information. Most Volks outfits that fit DD also state compatibility with DDS. There are a very few DDS-only oufits, but I don't even remember what they are.

Understanding fit on Volks outfits can be sort of overwhelming until you get used to it or have experience with it. Most Volks outfits are really sized for the various SD resin dolls, with only the Tenshi no Koromo line usually specifically tailored to DD, DDS, and DDdy. However, that doesn't automatically mean the other clothing is a bad fit. SDGr is very close to DD in most dimensions other than the waist, and many Volks outfits have multiple sets of hook and loop closures so they are adjustable. That said, Volks' idea of "fit" can be pretty loose (pun intended) if you are picky about that.

I'm going to point out one specific Volks outfit that I know fits DDS nicely in case it's one you like; it's the Sugar Pink Corset Dress, the second item on this page:

https://www.volks.co.jp/htd_kyoto13/sumika_lpp/

I'm aware of this because @Monty had some pictures of his Rin Kagamine wearing this posted here, but I checked and the picture links seem to be broken now.

Older Volks outfits like that generally won't be available from Volks unless they do a rerelease, but you can find them at Mandarake.

A certain few Azone 50 or Azone AZO2 outfits will fit DDS as long as it's a smaller bust, but it's unsafe to randomly buy these expecting them to fit. An example of one that works is their Santa suit:

With the shorter arms of DDS compared to DD or most other dolls, long sleeves will be too long as will pants legs. Volks' answer to that seems to be to just bunch them up.

• Thanks 1

Monty

Since i was mentioned as cfx said the Sugar Pink Corset is a fave of mine for sure! The only part that doesn’t fit well is a garter thing that’s meant to go on the thigh, it slides right off her. The corset is actually pretty versatile if you undo the lacing, I’ve gotten it on a DD L bust too. 

Otherwise she basically just wears DD size stuff but she shares her wardrobe with Miku. It’s yet to be an issue that any DD or SD size item, whether from Volks or third party companies I’ve bought for her hasn’t fit but it could just be that I’m extremely lucky (and tbh most of what I buy has been made for DD anyway or is a style that’s intentionally baggy like hoodies and sweaters so doesn’t look odd) It’s much harder to get clothes for DDSBoy because few stuff in that size is boyish. (Not that I don’t think mine doesn’t look great in a maid dress, but still)

Edited by Monty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DesertPhantom51

My only doll is a DDS, and I've never had a problem with anything labeled DD as far as tops, dresses, shorts, skirts and undies go.  Leggings, pants, stockings and anything for the legs really, those can be a bit tricky.  The legs of the DDS are shorter, so thigh highs that aren't very stretchy at the top don't go high enough because you're already hitting the thickest part of the thigh before it's on all the way.  I find it's best to just leave a little hanging off the toes and stuffing them in the shoes.  Pants and leggings have legs that are about an inch too long, so unless you know how to hem, it's best to just rock them with a cuff or roll under.  

Here's a pic of my girl in her October dress from Volks that's sized for DDS and DD (M/L)  and you can see it fits her perfectly.  

20191001_141353.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

jazijaz

Major doll companies I have purchased from and the fit has been great:  https://eluts.com/ the Senior(60cm) clothes line. I got shorts, dresses and pants. I had no issue with the length of the pants or the waist, I also like nine9style but some stuff can be a little bit baggy around the waist. Any item for SD or SD13 should fit ok. My go to places are ttya, luts, nine9style, rrabit and alice's collections.

As for walmart doll clothes, I like to get 'my life as dolls' clothes. Long sleeves are short on the arms but it looks cute for me, everything is big on them so I just fix the clothes.

This sweater is from that line (the shorts are from nine9style) I didn't fix it because I like the baggy look.

DSC_0798_zpstwo1lppn.png

The red dress and green jacket are from that line too. I fixed both of them

Image2_zpsqhkhs7fg.png

This whole outift is unfixed. This is how the pants and shirts fit on a DDS

DSC_0100_zpsmylziqe5.png

• Like 1

Gabriel
1 hour ago, DesertPhantom51 said:

Here's a pic of my girl in her October dress from Volks that's sized for DDS and DD (M/L)  and you can see it fits her perfectly.  

20191001_141353.jpg

I just want to let you know that if Volks had used your photo as the item picture for this outfit set, I would have bought it.

• Like 1

sdrcow

Wow, well thank you everyone for the information! This makes me feel a lot more secure with my clothing searching. I had no idea it was going to be as tricky as it is... having resin background I just assumed Volks Dollfie Dreams were easy to shop for - how wrong I was... 
Guess I'll keep my sewing room in use for alterations. HA~ *sigh*

Again, thank you all for the information - highly highly appreciated!!

(Also thank you even more for the photo references! @jazijaz @Monty and @DesertPhantom51 !!)

BeyondTime

Outfits with an adjustable fit tend to work best. For example the sugar pink corset set has an elastic waistband, and the corset is very elastic.  Other stuff I’d kind of hit and miss. I like the blue label stuff, but its a line made with SD in mind.  The designer collection is the same, and that tends to mean waist fits won’t be good.

Shoes are the worst imo. SD sized shoes are just way too big for DD. (In this one case I mean SD in the context of a particular size of Super Dollfie. Unless otherwise specified everywhere else here I use SD to mean Super Dollfie as a whole.)

Makoto and Yukiho are both DDS. Yukiho’s skirt doesn’t really fit her waist. Without the shirt you would see a huge gap between the waist band and the doll.  I just arranged it well for the photo. It might be possible to adjust that with a needle and a few loops of thread to make new eyelets for the hooks in the back. Yukiho is wearing shoes for DD, and Makoto is wearing shoes for SD. (Again, SD here is a particular model.)

40759602461_1f88a4eb56_b.jpg

Same jeans on DD Asuna. Notice how the jeans are a bit short on her. Pretty sure these jeans are sized for SD13. 

44142135971_b805dcebc8_h.jpg

Same jeans on another DDS. The t-shirts are all the same size, the shorts the girl in the center (DD Rin Shibuya) is wearing are made for DDS Anastasia. The shorts the girl on the right are wearing were made for DD Kaede. 

48115180347_64a33cf0d7_h.jpg

These shorts are Smartdoll shorts. They fit DDS perfectly. The shirt is DD / DDS size, but it comes with an outfit that mostly isn’t safe for Vinyls. 

48129364146_fe973a9b6c_b.jpg

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction