Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Choices for DDP Clothing

Bellatrix
3 hours ago, CherryPi said:

DDP owners rejoice! I found an Etsy shop called "Cheerydoll". They have a few super cute DDP outfits. They're a bit pricey, but they're made just for DDP dolls! They're on the more girly/cutesy side, and they even have a poodle coat. 😄

That's a well renowned shop, they make really pretty clothes! Too bad that their prices are out of my range :c

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

CherryPi
12 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

That's a well renowned shop, they make really pretty clothes! Too bad that their prices are out of my range :c

Same here, I'd love to get some of their clothes for my future girl, but my funds can't seem to keep up with my *slightly* expensive tastes. :(

BeyondTime

I like how they offer their DD stuff in multiple bust sizes, and it’s a shame DDS isn’t an offered size.

I can see number of things my girls would look good in.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Bellatrix
21 minutes ago, AliensOfGold said:

I got this set from AmiAmi last year some time and it fits like a glove.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-610798

I would assume all of their 45cm clothes would fit like that set, but they're all sold out now.

This is't from Cheerydoll, but from Azone.

They do fit pretty well, to be honest, and the quality is top notch (most of the time).

I would personally get more ot them myself, if the styles weren't so plain. I mean, most of the time they offer the same kind of outfits over and over again, I think they lack the variety of styles that Volks offers. 

On the other hand, they are cheaper and cute, so if I find limited edition sets I usually get them (for example the default outfits of their dollies, such as the one I have from Black Raven Lilia or something) ^^

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

finnleo

These have been show in in my posts in the photo's section, but I guess wont hurt to collect some bits here for reference:

Azone 50cm items:

something santa set:

38401738415_5613ef66b4_b.jpg

deko032

White cat ear hoodie + white/blue swimsuit set + glasses:

39099787742_57b69bee01_b.jpg

deko019

39099787312_f87d0f256c_b.jpg

deko024

Something something date set:

27750555678_1a9bff6e06_b.jpg

deko042

Grey knit dress (armcovers as legwarmers) + white top + the black suade boots

50385543717_43192c7535_b.jpgdeko058 by ~finnleo~, on Flickr

Volks MDD outfits on DDP:

Something something white princess set:

50072256171_d705af160b_b.jpg

speck117

Cosmo Sailor set + Illya's default skirt:

46015949915_b56615f7dd_b.jpg

mint022

For reference what the cosmo sailor looks on a MDD, to get an idea where short hemmed MDD dresses would end up on a DDP:

17293257529_43ab1d50b6_b.jpg

nia013

• Like 2

foo

I bought Volks' “Vermilion Chinoiserie / Mini” to try on Iori,

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_210418_DP45/4518992434476.html

They showed product pics using an MDD,

volks-mini-vermilion-chinoiserie-1.jpg volks-mini-vermilion-chinoiserie-2.jpg

I didn't really know how it'd look on DDP

Here's how using just the top fits. I'd like to try this with a skirt,

iori-vermilion-top.jpg

And this is with the rest of the top, which at first didn't look like it worked,

iori-vermilion-set.jpg

But with matching shoes and black socks, it looks pretty great :)

DSC_1487nx.jpg

51249756152_da67bfb3a4_c.jpg
Iori in Vermilion by bodolza, on Flickr

51249756067_03aa0f8bcb_c.jpg
Kero-chan CHECK! by bodolza, on Flickr

Shoes are SB-MSD-205, https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992434834.html

• Like 1

AliensOfGold
On 3/28/2021 at 2:47 PM, finnleo said:

39099787312_f87d0f256c_b.jpg

Grey knit dress (armcovers as legwarmers) + white top + the black suade boots

50385543717_43192c7535_b.jpgdeko058 by ~finnleo~, on Flickr

That's a nice idea for an outfit for Iori. I'll have to try and find the parts now.

Not sure why, but I have a lot of trouble finding the right outfits for DDP. Not because of size, but I think I'm picky about what I want her to wear.

Does anyone know where to find glasses like that?

2 hours ago, foo said:

I didn't really know how it'd look on DDP

Here's how using just the top fits. I'd like to try this with a skirt,

iori-vermilion-top.jpg

I find I miss out of a lot of outfits that end up looking good on DDP because I see them on VOLKS modelled by smaller dolls and they look too big or baggy. In reality though those outfits on DDP are much smaller as you've shown.

The outfit looks really good on her.

BeyondTime
On 3/27/2021 at 8:47 PM, finnleo said:

50385543717_43192c7535_b.jpgdeko058 by ~finnleo~, on Flick

This short hair look is perfect for Iori. I’m gonna need to try one of Volks short hair styles on her. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

AliensOfGold
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

This short hair look is perfect for Iori. I’m gonna need to try one of Volks short hair styles on her. 

I was thinking the same thing. I think I’ll grab a short wig in July or whenever the next event it.

BeyondTime
9 hours ago, AliensOfGold said:

I was thinking the same thing. I think I’ll grab a short wig in July or whenever the next event it.

If you are in North America, Volks USA has their lottery event for the Dolpa items starting tomorrow. 

I think the next Volks News is due to drop around the end of June.

finnleo
On 6/17/2021 at 7:05 AM, AliensOfGold said:

Does anyone know where to find glasses like that?

The one's that me Iori is wearing are Azone 50cm items from 2016, discontinued ofc. A bit of a shame Azone wound down their accessory range, they used to have pretty fabulous looking metallic framed glasses, alongside some plastic framed stuff.

Something similar can still be had from TC-Doll, but those are a bit too big on a standard sized DD head already, so a no-go there. Also worth noting they seem to have downsized their selection also.

Gallye

The best luck I've had with appropriate glasses is on Etsy. Basically, if you go to Etsy and type 'bjd glasses' into the search field, you'll find a number of pairs of really nice glasses with the words 'Snake Eyes' on the pictures, either just there or awkwardly blurred out. Multiple Chinese sellers have the Snake Eyes glasses for sale - I bought mine from FTDolls and they are a perfect fit on anything in the house with an 8-9 head.

I did manage to find what I think was Snake Eyes' own Taobao at one point, but I can't find it any more.