Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

bigpalebluejuice

Piercing Smart Doll Ears

bigpalebluejuice

Hello all! I really want to pierce one of my smart doll's ears, but was unsure of what the best method would be. Does anyone have any experience doing this, and if so, could you possibly give some advice? Thanks!

BeyondTime
5 minutes ago, Fushipa said:

Hello all! I really want to pierce one of my smart doll's ears, but was unsure of what the best method would be. Does anyone have any experience doing this, and if so, could you possibly give some advice? Thanks!

SmD ears are a good bit different than DD ears. DD have these big old elephant ears and SmD have very delicate feminine ears. Looking at one of my SmD, it looks to be a much more challenging prospect to open a hole in a good spot. The earlobe is really tiny, so up front I wouldn't personally try it. That doesn't mean it can't be done, but I don't like the odds of me personally getting it wrong and wrecking a head.

I've done it a few times with Dollfie Dreams. General advice would be you need a pin vise and drill bit around the size of the earring post. You can get those from a hobby supply or an auto parts supply that sell stuff for classic cars.

Mark the spot where you want the earring with pencil, and be careful to aim the drill so that you aren't going to far towards the head or too far away. Once you drill the hole drill through it again a few more times to really open it up. You want to test the earring each time and make sure it's in there firmly, but it's not so tight that you struggle to get it in. Keep in mind you can start with a bit that is too small and then try a bigger one, but it's much harder to start too big and make it small.

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

bigpalebluejuice
13 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

SmD ears are a good bit different than DD ears. DD have these big old elephant ears and SmD have very delicate feminine ears. Looking at one of my SmD, it looks to be a much more challenging prospect to open a hole in a good spot. The earlobe is really tiny, so up front I wouldn't personally try it. That doesn't mean it can't be done, but I don't like the odds of me personally getting it wrong and wrecking a head.

I've done it a few times with Dollfie Dreams. General advice would be you need a pin vise and drill bit around the size of the earring post. You can get those from a hobby supply or an auto parts supply that sell stuff for classic cars.

Mark the spot where you want the earring with pencil, and be careful to aim the drill so that you aren't going to far towards the head or too far away. Once you drill the hole drill through it again a few more times to really open it up. You want to test the earring each time and make sure it's in there firmly, but it's not so tight that you struggle to get it in. Keep in mind you can start with a bit that is too small and then try a bigger one, but it's much harder to start too big and make it small.

Thank you so much for your very through response! I never realized how tiny their ears were until you pointed it out! 😂 

BeyondTime

Just one note. This is the section for questions about the forum itself. There is a Q&A section specific to Smartdolls in the Smartdoll section. I messaged the mods asking them to move this thread over there. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

baldylox

I'm moving this to the correct spot.  :)

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.