DesertPhantom51 Posted April 22, 2025 April, I hardly knew ye. I need to stop saying I'll be getting back on track, because every time I do, I'm way behind and this time a hard drive lost me all my photos! That was fun! 💀 So while I was trying to decide what to do, my wife suggested I just retake the photos and do Coachella as that was happening for the last two weeks. So here we go, April is saved by Coachella! I shall not jinx myself by saying when May's photos will be here, but I hope to see you all again sooner rather than later in the month! Thanks for stopping by! Hope your Spring is in full swing! 11 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Rajke Posted May 5, 2025 Sorry to hear that you lost your photos. I think your wife has a good point when she said to continue. You are a good photographer and I know this is a drawback that you can overcome. 2 Greetz, Rajke Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
GirlWiththeDragoonTattoo Posted May 5, 2025 Ah man, that sucks. But I'm glad the ladies had fun at Coachella 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
BeyondTime Posted May 5, 2025 Samus looks like she was born to go to Coachella. 2 “Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction. I have so many dolls that they have formed their own country. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51 Posted August 13, 2025 Well... it's been a while. I'll spare you the details, but I'm glad to finally have some pictures to post again. It's been a rough few months, and I just found the spark to start again! Even if it is just the one girl for now. August is here, summer roars and it's a wonderful time for gardens and a lovely dress. Emma was going to have a garden shoot for May, since that was her arrival month, so I wanted to start back with her and give her her spotlight. A good stretch to get the stiffness out, it's been a few months after all. So Emma was my 'surprise' doll. I never intended to get a second doll, and just have Samus alone. But then one day, Samus got a stain, and I was devastated! I found the info on here about stain treating, and started the process, but bought a new set of arms, just in case. Low and behold the treatment worked great, and I had these arms and Samus's original M bust laying around. I mean, that's a good chunk of the price of a doll right there... Etsy must have heard my thoughts because the next thing I know I'm getting doll heads recommended to me, and I saw one and that was that. She was on the way and all the pieces came together just in time for May Day and her first picture! She's changed a lot in five years! But then, we all have. I might have one more for this month, Lydia has had this darling short wig that I only have two photos of, and she's back to long hair next month, so she may have a quick beach set later. But if not, I'll have photos for next month, and I'll try to engage more on here again. Oh, and a sales thread is coming soon, wigs and clothes, keep an eye out! Have a safe month everyone, and thanks for stopping back by again! 10 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51 Posted September 25, 2025 September! I wanted to do something with sunflowers for a while, and since they're still in full bloom here, and I never know what else to do with September, I thought it'd be fun! So I dressed up Lydia for a little Sunflower stroll. Plus she has her new long hair for the Fall and Winter seasons so there's another reason to show her off this month! Went with some Wednesday pigtails this year, they're a lot of fun! Although she's very opposite of the spooky girl with the same hair. It's also her gotcha month, this marks three years that I've had her as part of my doll family now, she's been a lot of fun to have around! With the different hair styles and her naturally glam presense, it's always fun to pose her for a month or random photo! That's all for this month, October is just around the corner but photos will be later in the month. Thanks as always for stopping by, hope you all have a safe month! 9 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51 Posted October 20, 2025 (edited) Hello October, and Halloween! I'm sure it's no secret by now that Halloween and Christmas are my favorite occasions to take photos of my dolls. This year is a bit more of a mishmash of costumes without a uniting theme through, although they all feature wheat? Anyway, they're all ideas and costumes/situations I wanted to do or revisit, and I hope you like them! First is Samus wearing the same costume that started this thread, although she did get upgraded for her 7th birthday coming up and she's now on a DD 2.0 body and she fills it out nicely (she's also taller than the other girls now, which is something I love) also holding an unpainted version of her other gift this year, it's her Zero Suit blaster from the games, can't wait to get it painted, but wanted it in anyway! Merida skipped the costumes this year, saying she was planning on going ghost hunting in a wheat field instead. always make sure you have enough lantern fuel when you're out, you never know what the light is keeping back... Maybe I can get her in a costume next year.... Lydia revisits her witch costume as a briar witch with lit branches. Katie is bringing her horns back as a devil this year as she floats along I couldn't help myself, here's a Lum pose... and last, but never least, Emma showing a rare sultry side as a vampire this year. You don't want to know how much of a pain in the ass this dress was, but it looks so lovely on her. A toast to Halloween! That's all for this month, I hope you like the photos, thanks for coming by as always! November will be a one or two girl month, hopefully near the beginning of the month as I claw my way back to the first. I hope you all have a safe and wonderful month and hope you come by again next month! Edited October 20, 2025 by DesertPhantom51 12 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
b4byc4t Posted October 20, 2025 1 hour ago, DesertPhantom51 said: That's all for this month, I hope you like the photos, thanks for coming by as always! November will be a one or two girl month, hopefully near the beginning of the month as I claw my way back to the first. I hope you all have a safe and wonderful month and hope you come by again next month! Happy Halloween! :3 I love these photos~ the lighting on all of them looks so cool! especially the blue light on Merida. That second pic of her, she looks so beautiful. i gotta say tho, as a vampire lover, Emma's costume is my favourite 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Kemonomimicry Posted October 20, 2025 4 hours ago, DesertPhantom51 said: Merida skipped the costumes this year, saying she was planning on going ghost hunting in a wheat field instead. always make sure you have enough lantern fuel when you're out, you never know what the light is keeping back... A lovely surprise hug from behind! 3 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51 Posted October 20, 2025 16 hours ago, b4byc4t said: Happy Halloween! :3 I love these photos~ the lighting on all of them looks so cool! especially the blue light on Merida. That second pic of her, she looks so beautiful. i gotta say tho, as a vampire lover, Emma's costume is my favourite Thank you, I'm glad you like them! I thought for sure when I bought that outfit it was going to wind up on Lydia, funny how they work out, but I agree, it worked out really well. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51 Posted November 18, 2025 November is always busy for me, this year doubly so. With my kitty needing emergency surgery, my normal space has turned into a convalescence room for her, so I am happy that I got these photos done, even if they aren't the original ideas I had planned. Just a couple of quick fall outfits and a surprise (and I mean it, I didn't expect it either.) First we have Katie doing the comfy sweater and jeans style. and Merida is enjoying the fall weather we're having and playing around with some fallen leaves. and lastly, the surprise of the month. I wasn't intending to add anyone to my doll family currently. I was planning on adding someone in February, but that's been in planning for months already. But through a crazy set of circumstances and luck, I had this absolutely gorgeous girl thrust into my doll family, and she's more than welcome to stay! This is the first time I had a doll show up that I didn't style/choose myself, but after several days I did name her, so she's still one of mine alright. Welcome Nina! I'm still working out her personality, but if she's anything like the others, she'll come together on her own in due time. That's it for November, I hope you have a wonderful month and great things come your way as we head into the tail end of the year. Thanks for stopping by as always! See you next month! 8 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Giallo_Gatta Posted November 19, 2025 22 hours ago, DesertPhantom51 said: This is the first time I had a doll show up that I didn't style/choose myself, but after several days I did name her, so she's still one of mine alright. Welcome Nina! I'm still working out her personality, but if she's anything like the others, she'll come together on her own in due time. Aww, your new girl is so pretty! Best wishes for your cat as well! 3 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51 Posted November 19, 2025 18 hours ago, Giallo_Gatta said: Aww, your new girl is so pretty! Best wishes for your cat as well! Thank you! The kitty is doing well, she gets her stitches out Friday and she's already back to feeling like her old self. Also thanks for the Nina compliment, she's a custom repaint of the Chihaya Kisaragi sculpt with double pierced ears, I just wish I knew who the artist was as it's very clean work. I only learned her sculpt by looking up the markings on her head. 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51 Posted December 1, 2025 December is here, and that means Christmas! I love taking Christmas photos of my girls and of course sharing them all with you! This year I tried to do a Winter Wonderland kind of theme around going for evening strolls to look at light displays. I hope you enjoy! I have to start with my very own Christmas Queen, Samus is in her annual Christmas dress as usual, if you would've told me when I started this hobby that Samus from Metroid would become my go to Christmas doll, I would've laughed. It just happened so naturally over time. This year I got Emma a matching short set to go along! So dang cute! Here's Lydia in a nice Nordic sweater dress putting some finishing touches on a tree. and Merida in a warm sweater and skirt combo with a present for under the tree Katie is going the more casual route with Christmas cardigan and keeping her alt rock roots and our latest addition Nina wearing a stylist tartan coat So cool these two! and to wrap things up, it's Samus's arrival month, she's the last one for the side by side photos. It's crazy for me to think that it's been 7 years since she arrived, and 6 years that I've been sharing my photos. It's been a fun, entertaining, frustrating, educational, exciting time I've had in this hobby so far and it all started with her! Here's to another 7 years! Thank you for coming by this month! I hope you have an amazing time during this time of year filled with joy and cheer. Happy Holidays everyone! We'll see you next month! 10 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
SchneeFlockele Posted December 5, 2025 Aww they all look so cute in these pics! Samus is so pretty in this dress, maybe she’s stoked about her new game coming out? Happy Holidays 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51 Posted December 6, 2025 Thank you, yeah, it's one of my favorite dresses to put her in, it really suits her and she could well be stoked about her new game, and the growing influence my Metroid collection has on the shelf lol 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
SchneeFlockele Posted December 8, 2025 On 12/6/2025 at 11:46 PM, DesertPhantom51 said: Thank you, yeah, it's one of my favorite dresses to put her in, it really suits her and she could well be stoked about her new game, and the growing influence my Metroid collection has on the shelf lol Sounds like she influences you towards buying more of her stuff lol! 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51 Posted January 5 Happy New Year! Belated, but still, holiday things being what they are I hope you all had a wonderful season! Simple start to the year, doing a quick New Years Eve party kind of a shoot with Nina on her own. The rest of the ideas for the year are still gelling, and some months may not have themes, or the theme may just be potpourri, we'll see how it goes. But anyway, Nina is ready to start the new year off! One of the ongoing themes for the year as a whole is going to be revisiting ideas and/or backgrounds and props that I've used before and I didn't have the skill for or the lighting ability to really make pop. This background being one of them! So if you see something that looks like a previous photo, that's why. I'm still working on figuring out Nina's personality, but she sure is pretty, that's for certain. I have a feeling she's going to be a little Gothy, but she's got a glitz to her too. We'll see! Anyway, Happy New Year! Here's to a good 2026! I hope you all have a wonderful year in store for you, and hope you come back by every month or so and see what I'm up to! Cheers! 9 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51 Posted January 30 I decided to do a special series of photos with Merida this year centered around the Celtic pagan Wheel of the Year. It's a series of days centered around the solar cycle, and I thought it would be fun to do them all with my local Scottish Celt princess. Here's the first one of this year, Imbolc. It's the midway point between the winter solstice and the spring equinox and this year will be on February 1st. It's associated with the reawakening of the earth after winter with the first shoots of green returning, as well as fertility and purification. Disclosure: I am not a pagan, but I find them romantic in a sort of way. These will be based on my own research, and I may miss some of the intricacies. I apologize in advance. I still have normal February photos coming later in the month. Until then! 11 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51 Posted February 8 February is here, and that means a lot of different things, different themes I could do, all sorts of options! But let's just do Valentine's Day again, why not, poor Emma had a new dress last year that she didn't get to hardly show off. So here she is kicking off this year instead! Maybe Mardi Gras next year.... Speaking of revisiting dresses, Katie gives life back to this one of Samus's previous outfits. With a new wig to boot, but still the same girl. Lydia with a new dress, and her last month with the braids, I'm looking forward to having her in short hair again, she seems so much more spunky with the short hair. Not that she's less with long or anything... Samus wraps up the month with a new dress and a crop fur That's it for this month. Next month is going to be a bit of a mixed bag with Katie doing St. Patricks, Lydia and her short hair, and Merida having a separate shoot for the equinox, I hope you'll swing by and see how they turn out! Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you all have a lovely February (and keep warm!) 7 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51 Posted March 17 March is here, and it's St. Patrick's Day which is also Katie's naming day, so we're doing that, plus meta March with Lydia taking the pictures! meh, I've had more off the wall ideas than this. Also, this is officially five years I've had Katie, and named her while watching Darby O'Gill and the Little People! I can't belive it's been five years with this doll already! Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone, hope you have a good rest of the month! I'll be back later in the week or early next with the next installment of the Merida Wheel of the Year series, as the Equinox is on Sunday. Until then, thanks for stopping by! 8 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51 Posted March 27 The Spring Equinox was last week, Ostara as it's called on the Wiccan wheel of the year, marking the beginning of Spring season, the returning of life, and a balance between the light and dark. A lot of cultures all over the world have festivals pertaining to the Spring Equinox, as this was generally the end of the cold months and the start of the sowing and growing season. In Europe, it had strong ties to the Germanic goddess Eostre and was a celebration of life and fertility that involved the coloring and honoring of eggs, new green grass, and used rabbits and hares as symbols... sound familiar? Lol, Don't mind the similarities to current holidays, it's going to happen a lot. Anyway, we find Merida at an Ostara altar with the typical trappings of the season. Hope everyone has a lovely Spring in store for them, April will be later in the month and then May as close to the first as I can possibly manage. It's May Day, after all, we have appointments to keep. 7 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51 Posted April 20 April has been busy, and I've been busy crafting and sewing and finally getting around to organizing a lot of my doll things. But it's important to take a moment to yourself too, as Nina is here to demonstrate! The fact that today is what it is, isn't relevant. I think... I don't know what these dolls do when I'm not around. Getting the munchies happens to everyone, I assure you.... Anyway, just a one photo month to keep the streak alive for the year, see you all again soon! 2 4 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51 Posted May 5 May Day has come and gone, and I had a grand idea... Hey, why don't I do a maypole and have all of my girls pose around it!? There was a good reason I didn't do that, mostly having to do with space requirements and how much work went into it. Not knowing that, I charged ahead into it, and here we are. It came out, OK! Now lets never try to do something on this scale again... Only one picture for this thread this month, but I still have the Merida photo for Beltane to add here in a day or so. Also a different thread to welcome someone new who just arrived! See you again soon! 2 4 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51 Posted May 7 I guess I could've combined posts... The Wheel of the year keeps turning, this time bringing around Beltane, the first of May. Traditionally, it was a celebration of the coming days of summer and the leaving of the animals out to pasture. Bonfires would be lit and the animals passed between them to ward off evil and banish spirits and sickness. It's been sewn into May Day as a whole, so there is plenty of other celebration of spring and flowers and life to be had, but it's still celebrated today as a fire festival in parts of the world as well. We find Merida in the midst of the lighting of bonfires after the setting of the May Day sun. and also, because I absolutely can not help myself, here's Merida in the final scene of the 1973 Folk Horror classic The Wicker Man That movie, more than anything else really, is what sparked all of this, so it seems appropriate (fun). That's it for May finally, I'll see you all next month! 2 3 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites