Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

DesertPhantom51

Monthly Outfits

DesertPhantom51

July is here, and while I guess Disneyland won't be open in time, this month's theme is Theme Parks. Growing up in Southern California, I spent a lot of time at Disneyland growing up, and I've been a life long fan of Disney in general.  Summer is a great time to head to the parks, though I'll always prefer Christmas at the parks 😉

I hope everyone has a safe and cool July!  

June Final.jpg

• Like 11

Oliver

They look fantastic! Where did you get those cute headbands from? ;'0

DesertPhantom51

They're actually Christmas Ornaments that were sold by Disney at the parks that just happened to be the right size!  They're available on Ebay, but sold out at the official site. 

lardroom

I love the Disney swag. Completely accurate to the Disney diehards I love encountering whenever I go to Disney. They're just so unironically into it.

• Like 1

DesertPhantom51

Thanks!  This was a fun one for me, as I actually incorporated a bit of actual park merch into the outfits.  I'm totally guilty of being one of those diehards. 

HazelMaze

Such a fun photo thread! Looking forward to more!

• Like 1

sunlightandtea

Love the monster holding up mickey 😂 And those are adorable girls. 💖💖

• Like 1

DesertPhantom51

August is here, and I don't know about where you are, but this is the hottest month of summer here!  It's a good time to head to the beach before having to head back to school next month!  

20200801_121638 final.jpg

• Like 6

lardroom

It's not a 2020 summer until Sams and Ems are social distancing from each other and wearing mandatory face masks to go with those swimsuits. Maybe dress up the metroid as a coronavirus? 😆

• Haha 2

DesertPhantom51

I was planning on making face shields for next month, maybe I'll post an update photo after they're done.

DesertPhantom51

Quick and dirty, but I wanted to do it before I started breaking everything down for next month.  August 2020 Covid Social Distancing (to scale) Edition.

1862889939_20200824_180501crop.jpg.513c11b0494202b1f8e04837403474cd.jpg

• Haha 6

Pit

Pretty accurate idea for social distancing. Samus and Emma look reaally beautiful!! I'd like to see both in person. And um...forgot to mention the metroid is the best Dollfie Dream model ever. 

Edited by Pit
  • Thanks 1

lardroom

Yessss. CoronaMetroid made me laugh way too much.

• Like 1

DesertPhantom51

I'm glad ya'll liked it, it was fun to throw together real quick and thanks for the suggestion Lardroom!

13 hours ago, Pit said:

the metroid is the best Dollfie Dream model ever. 

I really can't tell you how happy I was when I realized it was a good size for the scale!  I have a good size Metroid collection as I've been a fan since the 80s, and it's the only legit merch I can find easy ways to incorporate.  :)

DesertPhantom51

September for me will always be back to school month.  Summer is still burning a little, but there's something about this time of year that makes me want to read a book or learn a new skill.  Also, remind me never to try to photo with these dang face shields again!  So hard to focus and light! I hope everyone has a safe and productive month, and those back in school (or sending little ones to school) enjoy!  

Sept 2020 Final.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Pit

Ms Aran and Ms Emma teaching the science of morphballing your joints. 

Edited by Pit

DesertPhantom51

If only they were that flexible!  lol  I tried to make a dunce cap for the metroid to be wearing, but I couldn't get it to work with the wires to make it fly.  So it's in a cozy bed as the classroom pet at Samus's feet.  

sunlightandtea

Adorable! Love the little whiteboard!

• Like 1

DesertPhantom51

October has come, time for Oktoberfest, shorter days (finally), and spooky stories!  Last year I only got around to Oktoberfest with Samus, her Halloween costume was going to be Red Riding Hood, but it didn't come together.  This year her sister is Red, the Metroid is the Wolf, and Samus... well, I was about to tell her she was the Grandmother, but she has that gun, so we're going with Cool Aunt who lives in the woods....  Happy October Everyone!  Have a fun spooky month!719339777_OctMood.jpg.768a91722dacb431ce19d24a23653a15.jpg

So I realized after that you can't see her gun in the pic above, so here's a blasted out one showing all the details.  My wife and I made the trees ourselves too! 

1413837892_OctBlast1.jpg.effcbd762b593af5d56fbb465fe570a5.jpg

• Like 9

lardroom

The background is wonderful.

A bit late, but Samus could be to huntsman?

DesertPhantom51

Thank you! I've been using fabrics I've found around as backdrops, but now I have all these yards of fabric I have to either keep as backdrops, or find other projects for.
Oh, the huntsman/woodsman would've been a fun idea, with one of those Alchemist outfits that came out last year, a few leather accessories and a crossbow. For the woodsman it could've jeans a flannel shirt and an axe.  Ah well. 

miraclelovely

o wow, this is so beautiful! their outfits are so cute and the backdrop is awesome... totally inspiring for when i get my dollfie to try and take a nice photoshoot! ^^

• Like 1

DesertPhantom51

Thank you so much!  I look forward to your pictures! :)

• Like 1

DreamDollDesign

These are all so cute and I love this idea. And that Metroid is TOO cute ;-;

• Like 1

DesertPhantom51

November has come, and this thread is officially a year old!  Thanksgiving is kind of a boring holiday in terms of theming, so I have the girls at a fun Fall Fair.  Hot apple cider, cider donuts, pumpkin coffee, a Metroid seriously considering attacking a petting zoo llama and cool weather leave a lot of the season left to enjoy!  

Nov Final.jpg

• Like 8