Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks News 86

BeyondTime
30 minutes ago, cfx said:

For some reason that isn't stated on the Volks USA page, but they do fit SD16 as shown on Volks Japan:

Pretty sure that's an SDGr.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

lardroom
40 minutes ago, cfx said:

My biggest worry about tops like this is always if it could stain the head since it may touch the chin. Busts can be stain treated; it's a scary proposition on heads, and impossible to do if there's a custom faceup.

After the quickest photo shoot, I immediately ripped of 2B's head so it was no where near that turtleneck. I almost took the extra precaution of taping her chin as well...

I'm slightly annoyed I can't enjoy this turtleneck easily because it's super tight and clingy and fits so well. I have an IRL sweater that is ribbed, clingy, and is made out of similar materials and it's one of my favourites. Ah well, let's just put this as another reason to get a SD16 girl.

lardroom
18 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Weird.

Both the VolksUSA page and the english version of the international shop exclude SD 16 from the compatibility list.

The Japanese version of the international shop and the compatibility sticker on the package itself lists SD16.

cfx
27 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I wouldn't generally recognize an SDGr from an SD16 if it hit me over the head, but I was referring to the text on the page, when viewing in Japanese:

対応サイズ:SD、SDB、SD13、SDGr、SD16、DDS(SS/S/M/L)、DD(SS/S/M/L)、DDdy

5 minutes ago, lardroom said:

Both the VolksUSA page and the english version of the international shop exclude SD 16 from the compatibility list.

The Japanese version of the international shop and the compatibility sticker on the package itself lists SD16.

Must just be a weird oversight.

BeyondTime
10 hours ago, cfx said:

I wouldn't generally recognize an SDGr from an SD16 if it hit me over the head, but I was referring to the text on the page, when viewing in Japanese:

Oh, I'm so used to getting randomly sent to the Japanese language page I just switched to English without even thinking about it.

If the shorts fit SD16 they will look big on DD.

SDGr have a smaller bust and the body proportions in general are different. They were a renewal of the SD13, which was intended to represent 13 year olds, so not as mature looking as SD16.

Of course the reality of Volks designs is they use the bodies to fit a concept for a doll and not a specific age. DDP could easily be used to make Nana Abe, who although eternally 17, is speculated to actually be 27.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

Here is a great image of that leather jacket on a DD. Credit for the photo goes to @hobbenjoyp

EWdJeacUwAYS2fw?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 2