Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
WhiteLotus

Mandarake or Volks USA?

WhiteLotus

So I decided after seeing some really awesome photos, that I really want to get a DDS Dollfie Body for my custom Miyoku Rose DDH-03 head. I think it will be the dest fir for her. But I am debating getting a used DDS body on Mandarake for $250 plus shipping which will be I am guessing about $30 or ordering from Volkusa and getting DDS111 for $308 plus shipping. I have never ordered from Mandarake before so I am a bit unsure and I am wondering if I should spend the extra to get a new one from Volks and get it right away. Please share any knowledge you my have with me. Thank you.

Galvatim

Mandarake is a fine seller.  Just be sure it's the right skin tone.  Manda has been known to make mistakes in identifying white, semi-white and normal/flesh, and sometimes their photos are too brightly lit to tell.  

I'd personally go with a DDS-F3 body over the old DDSIII.  

Gabriel

Well, I think your shipping cost will be more like $60 from Mandarake.  If it's from VolksUSA, I think the shipping will be somewhere around $20.

(Last time I ordered a body and some small items, the shipping cost was under $20.  When I ordered REM (a very small boxed fullset) and a stand, the shipping was $27 via UPS.  Meanwhile, when I ordered MOMO from Mandarake, the shipping cost was about $70)

So you're looking at somewhere around $310 via Mandarake for used, or $330 from VolksUSA for new.  

I think it boils down to the condition of the used body.

Personally, and not trying to steer you one way or another, considering it's only a $20 difference, I'd just buy the new one from VolksUSA if it were me.

Edited by Gabriel
  • Like 1

BeyondTime
36 minutes ago, Galvatim said:

I'd personally go with a DDS-F3 body over the old DDSIII.  

I kind of agree with this, but if you did get an F3 body, be prepared to adjust the frame when she arrives. Not hard to do, but you will need a jewelers screwdriver. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DML
2 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Well, I think your shipping cost will be more like $60 from Mandarake.  If it's from VolksUSA, I think the shipping will be somewhere around $20.

(Last time I ordered a body and some small items, the shipping cost was under $20.  When I ordered REM (a very small boxed fullset) and a stand, the shipping was $27 via UPS.  Meanwhile, when I ordered MOMO from Mandarake, the shipping cost was about $70)

So you're looking at somewhere around $310 via Mandarake for used, or $330 from VolksUSA for new.  

I think it boils down to the condition of the used body.

Personally, and not trying to steer you one way or another, considering it's only a $20 difference, I'd just buy the new one from VolksUSA if it were me.

This. If you live in USA

• Like 1

cfx
4 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Well, I think your shipping cost will be more like $60 from Mandarake.

Very likely from my own experience; for sure it will be more than $30. A body will have to be shipped EMS.

• Like 1

Galvatim

I paid 4650 yen for DHL shipping for the DDP body I bought from Manda, and the same for Vispodoll Asuka.  That's still over $40.  I haven't had any issues with DHL in Wisconsin, but it may depend on where you live. 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1124742956&ref=list&dispCount=240&categoryCode=02011404&lang=en

I have to say, this is a great deal, if you're interested in the outfit.  

That said, I do have 3 DDS-F3 bodies now, and aside from the single piece torso not being available for it, it is a great improvement on the original DDS.  

• Like 2

cfx

DHL service greatly depends on where you live because they don't serve many areas directly, and maybe the cost as well, because where I can compare the rates it's always significantly more expensive than EMS for me.

I've only received a DHL package once, a figure I got from Amazon Japan. Since I live in the middle of nowhere, DHL doesn't deliver to me. So the package was sent to some DHL warehouse, where it was then transferred to USPS for final delivery. Dates showed it sat at that warehouse for over a week, and the way the label looked it seemed like this is something that some DHL employee has to do manually, unlike the UPS Mail Innovatons or Fedex equivalent services that go through USPS for final delivery that are automated. It's also the only package Ive ever received from Japan where the shipping box was nearly destroyed and ripped open on one end. Somehow the figure and its box wasn't damaged.

That's just one data point and all shippers lose and damage packages and it's possible it was USPS that did it, but I've chosen to avoid DHL whenever possible since that.

• Like 1

WhiteLotus

Thank you everyone, I think I will save up a bit more and get the DDS F3 From VolksUSA that many of you are recommending.

• Like 1

Ui-

I always buy from Volks international. Always adds up cheaper even with shipping for me thab VolksUSA. I don’t mind the wait. It’s never too long.