Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

cfx

Possible Sakura Matou rerelease?

cfx

Perhaps it's just a website error or error with the ordering, but observe the collaboration models page:

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/model/collabo/

Why is she up top? OTOH, she's not where she is supposed to be in release order as well, so maybe this is indeed just an error. She doesn't link to an updated page either.

• Thanks 1

merry-go-round

It's a interesting think. 

Maybe she is the next collab rerelease model with the last film in 2020. 

At home : Hanae (DDS Chihaya)

finnleo

Well, lets see...

Two Ranko's, Two Aruru's, two Roo's, Two Shiburin's, Two Illiya's, two Ishtars Rin's, Two Royal Blue's. Two Sayaka's, Two Kotori's. Three Nemu's, two Sirius'es, three Rei's...

One Sakura.

Also I think there are other discrepancies in the release orders ... Yuri-Saber shouldnt be that high in my opinion either.

Im willing to put it with 85% error, just for now... but eh, never know

Edited by finnleo

cfx

Santa Saber was released along with Freyja so she seems to be in the right place to me.

Anyway, I don't want to get anyone excited, yet, because errors on the Volks websites are certainly nothing new, or uncommon.

DML

I don't think its a error. They may be thinking of re releasing her in the future. Although I have had no information about it.

BeyondTime

Her listing looks like it's out of order, and her proper name isn't underneath it. It wouldn't surprise me if she got a lot of votes, and it's always possible they will do runner up releases in 2020. For now I'd just think it may be a database error. Someone may have updated a record incorrectly.

Edit: Of course, her name is wrong because of the auo-translate, but the other dolls don't have that issue. I'm guessing her listing needs a fix to prevent that.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

It seems they do have to do something to override the auto-translate on some of the names. Originally Ranko's last name was translated wrong too.

Perhaps somehow Sakura got placed there accidentally because she's a Fate doll and is next to Mash and Gudako. If she was actually the next DD being released, she really should be in the first position, before Ranko.

Unless this is some kind of release outside of the usual events (like Yuriko) it doesn't really make sense that she appears now anyway.

If it's an error it'll presumably be fixed soon enough.

Tira

I would really hope they rerelease her in honor of the final Heaven’s Feel movie. It only seems fair, since Rin was rereleased for Unlimited Blade Works. It’d also be a good opportunity for Illya, or even a Medusa, though the FGO preorder dolls make it seem less likely; that’d be a lot of characters from the same franchise in a short timespan. Apparently the Heaven’s Feel movies are doing ridiculously well, so it’d be a missed opportunity for Volks as well. I don’t know if Sakura is quite as popular a doll as Rin or Saber, but the other two have significantly greater availability, so it’s hard to compare them (especially Saber and her many variations).

• Like 1

Singer Yuna

I don’t feel it like an error but a coming soon indeed.

if it were Lily and not Sakura my heart would have stopped.

• Like 2

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

DML
47 minutes ago, Singer Yuna said:

I don’t feel it like an error but a coming soon indeed.

if it were Lily and not Sakura my heart would have stopped.

I also think the same. we will know soon enough.

burokkori

This also threw me off when the new site first launched. I took a looked at the new Collab page and immediately noticed that Sakura Matou was out of place. The first thing that came to mind was that Sakura Matou is getting a re-release. But then the excitement soon dropped once I clicked on the sub-page which linked to the old Sakura entry.

Personally, I don't think this out-of-order listing of Sakura is due to a system error. I believe that a Sakura re-release is imminent based on a few key points.

1. Sakura Matou is the ONLY entry on the list of DD releases since 2004 that is out-of-order and up there next to the new releases.

2. Fate / Heaven's Feel III is coming to theater in Spring 2020.

3. Aftermarket listings of DD Sakura Matou have been showing up a lot from various shops and auction in the past two weeks.

These all appears to be lined up quite nicely; the only weird out-of-order entry on the list, perfect timing with the 3rd Heaven's Feel movie, and aftermarket scalpers are noticing these clues of a re-release are trying to get rid of their old Sakura before the value of the first one dropped (as with the case of the first released Rin Tohsaka).

Food for thoughts, I think whoever were in charge of the site contents for the new Collab page, provided the web dev with the releases listing info in-order with the new Sakura Matou in there by accident. Based on that release order, it seems that a Sakura re-release was already in the works before the 20th Best Selection picks. That explains why Sakura appears in the list before Arle and Ranko. Volks may also have already completed the new Sakura project but is holding back release until the next Dolpa event in the Spring of 2020 to align with the third film. Likely to be released during Home Town Dolpa Kyoto 17 in March or Dolpa 43 in April.

Of course, this may all be just a load of mishmash. But think about it, wouldn't it be nice to get a re-release Sakura? Especially, with the same mold but new freshen face-up, coupled with the new DD-f3 body and complete with Sakura's signature one-piece white dress just like in the HF movie.

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, burokkori said:

Food for thoughts, I think whoever were in charge of the site contents for the new Collab page, provided the web dev with the releases listing info in-order with the new Sakura Matou in there by accident. Based on that release order, it seems that a Sakura re-release was already in the works before the 20th Best Selection picks. That explains why Sakura appears in the list before Arle and Ranko.

I think the problem with that hypothesis is that a Sakura rerelease would be a new entry in the list with a Sakura Matou V2 title, and not a move of the old entry to the new location. There is also the mess-up with her name and the autotranslate that lends some credence to the idea that her web entry is borked.

I certainly would like to see her get a re-release; I think she was one of the DD I voted for daily during BotB.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx
5 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I think the problem with that hypothesis is that a Sakura rerelease would be a new entry in the list with a Sakura Matou V2 title, and not a move of the old entry to the new location. There is also the mess-up with her name and the autotranslate that lends some credence to the idea that her web entry is borked.

Until there's any kind of confirmation I think this too. Even if she was a completely unchanged rerelease there should still be the older entry there, or actually, in that case I'm not sure there would be a new entry; Sheryl and Ranka don't have an entry for their 2018 rerelease.

If it is just an error I'm a little surprised it hasn't been fixed yet, but with how Volks websites are in general, maybe that's not so surprising after all. :classic_laugh:

BeyondTime
10 hours ago, cfx said:

Sheryl and Ranka don't have an entry for their 2018 rerelease.

It wouldn’t surprise me if those two were a release of old stock. Dolls they held back, or perhaps canceled orders. 

Edited by BeyondTime

cfx
1 minute ago, BeyondTime said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if those two were a release of old stock. Dolls hey held back, or perhaps canceled orders. 

I always suspected this as well.

burokkori

Well, it's just all speculations at this point. Though, this is just so random of a shuffle for Sakura that one can't help but hypothesize.

As for Ranka and Sheryl, those two weren't on the old Collab page either for 2018. That whole re-sell announcement for those two was out of the blue when it happened. More than likely Volks had a lot of leftover stock from the previous PO project. The second-hand market are still flooded with them below MSRP.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, foo said:

Sakura, Miki Hoshi, and Saber Lily are probably good candidates for a BotB runner-up release later this year. Assuming Volks does the same thing they did last time around.

As much as I like Miku the doll, I would really rather a doll like Sakura had won BotB.

Galvatim

Sakura 2nd and Saber Alter 4th would tie in well with the 3rd part of Heaven's Feel, and the 15th anniversary.  Saber Alter and Saber Lily could stand to have a DDS update, along with semi-white skin for Alter.  Jeanne Alter is a no brainer.  Mordred and Okita would work with the Saber sculpt, or even maybe the Lily sculpt if Volks wanted to do something interesting.  

I'd rather see Medusa, myself.  I don't seriously believe Volks would create a new, taller body for her, but it would be preferred to just using the DDdy.  Tamamo strikes me as likely, and Shirou and FGO's Goudo (male Master) would work well on the DDB body.  

A full Dark Sakura DD would be cool, too.  Semi-white skin, and the red markings included in her face-up, at least. I think they represent her magic crest?  Or Command Seals.  It's been awhile since I read the visual novel.  

Oh, I want DD Ishtar.  Archer or Rider, either one is fine.  I can wait longer if it means she's preorder, I'm not expecting another Fate preorder for this year.  

BeyondTime
52 minutes ago, Galvatim said:

Oh, I want DD Ishtar. Archer

Ishtar would be spectacular, even if they didn't do her bow. I would want her face to be more serious than Rin V2 if they were to make Ishtar.

You can't exactly go wrong with more Rin either.

Thespian

Honestly, I'm still surprised they haven't done bridal Saber in the body suit from the figures a few years ago. She might be a little off-brand to go with a Sakura rerelease, but from what I remember, she was super popular!

Of course, I was also expecting Volks to roll out a Miku Append release, too, and that hasn't happened.

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

cfx
13 minutes ago, fishbuttz said:

Of course, I was also expecting Volks to roll out a Miku Append release, too, and that hasn't happened.

I don't really think they'd do that as they have never made the different outfits like Miku V3 or Luka V4X. And with Miku V3, Miku Append was essentially superceded too.

I wish they would do the other version outfits.

Then again I never expected them to make Sakura Miku.

Gallye

Maybe they'll surprise us all and do F:SN Archer! Mature DDB in tan yes please. 😜

cfx

I'm not sure when it was changed, but Sakura Matou is no longer at the front of the collaboration list.