Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Galvatim

Shin Sakura Taisen DD

Amara77

Well, she is somewhat generic, but I feel her face has a little more character than the past few releases.  It is nice to see a teaser pic so early on though

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

growcian
She's on display at the Volks booth during the 2020 Winter Wonder Festival.

Edited by growcian

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

cfx

I'm not sure it's nice to hotlink pictures on Dengeki so I'll just link to the page that shows some pictures of her:

https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/937690/

It matches the character design, but she looks cross-eyed. Her expression also just seems kind of blank?

Maybe she looks a bit like Ruri? Except I like Ruri. :)

Edited by cfx

BeyondTime

The lighting seems really even so everything looks a bit flat. Really need to see photos from people at the event.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

growcian

• Like 1

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

cfx

That's a better pair of pictures. She's definitely not awful or anything, but also doesn't come across to me as anything special. That's how I feel about the character and game art too though, so I guess they got her right lol.

That ahoge is crazy, though the wig looks pretty nice otherwise, and reminds me of Rin Shibuya's wig, probably.

cfx

Here's another tweet, this one with a face closeup so you can see the eye makeup and the red eye shadow which I didn't notice before:

She's got those little white cheek dots that always irritate me lol.

ramcoy

Shes very pretty...

i want her

IMG_20200219_161435_030.jpg

IMG_20200219_161435_031.jpg

IMG_20200219_161435_033.jpg

• Like 1

Amara77

She's cute, the nose seems a little low, and a little pinched for me though, I'll have to keep checking out pics.

However, damn is Volks stepping up the default face-up game with her. 

The eyelashes, and the highlights to make them stand out from the eyeline, nice fine lines … Volks, good job.  @onion22@

Edited by Amara77

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

Poofiemus

I have zero interest in the character at all. That said, I feel like her face would make a good Makoto from Flying Witch? Just kind of has that vibe to me. 

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Galvatim
53 minutes ago, Poofiemus said:

I have zero interest in the character at all. That said, I feel like her face would make a good Makoto from Flying Witch? Just kind of has that vibe to me. 

Now that you mention it...  

• Like 1

solebria

As many people in the discussion, I am not interested in the character but she is so very tempting (and cute!) to get just to customize her! I wasn't interested in her at all until the close-ups of the face-up.. she is so the style I love for my DDs. I shall see if I do have the budget for her when she is up for purchase/PO.

Edited by solebria

Thespian

She's not one I feel like I need to have in my collection, but her sculpt reminds me of a more mature Shining Hearts Airi or Akihabara Girls Akira. She's quite lovely

Edited by fishbuttz

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

Dollvari

Her head sculpt looks very similar to Dollfie Dream option head DDH-16 to me. Think I will get her later down the road.

Victoria

At first I was surprised in a positive way but now with these clearer pictures I'm not fond of her anymore. Her sculpt looks super boring imho. 😕 Zzzzz...

I love Sakura Taisen, too bad I can't get warm with anything Volks has released so far related to this series. -.- (The clothes and wigs are usually of my taste but these faces...)

Edited by Victoria
  • Like 1

cfx

I'm with you on that. A little disappointing that she didn't get a battle outfit this time too, though the design for those in this game isn't something I liked. I find this sculpt really nondescript and I haven't liked the two previous ST dolls either, though those were both done by a sculptor I almost never like the work of while this one is Serika Misaki like most all DDs now.

I think this new game's character design is just poor, so I don't know what Volks could have done.

Edited by cfx

Jezrah

How did they get her sitting seiza so well? Is it something the F3 body is able to do, or did they use trickery I wonder? The DDIII can't sit quite that low, but I don't yet have an F3 to compare. 

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Galvatim
34 minutes ago, Jezrah said:

How did they get her sitting seiza so well? Is it something the F3 body is able to do, or did they use trickery I wonder? The DDIII can't sit quite that low, but I don't yet have an F3 to compare. 

It must be faked.  I just tried to sit a DDSF-3 like that, the knees get to just past 90 degrees.  They probably just popped the shins off.  

BeyondTime
18 minutes ago, Galvatim said:

It must be faked.  I just tried to sit a DDSF-3 like that, the knees get to just past 90 degrees.  They probably just popped the shins off.  

I totally agree, there isn't enough bulk under there for the shins to be attached, I'm betting those are just thighs.

Totally a legit way to display her though, it's not really all that different than pulling out the elbow to get the second joint on the arm into play.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Jezrah

I agree, fakery is still legitimate, I was just curious.

I do wish the knees could be more like the elbows, though, and you could pull them out more to give more of a double joint.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

cfx
15 minutes ago, Jezrah said:

I do wish the knees could be more like the elbows, though, and you could pull them out more to give more of a double joint.

One of the people who make various frame replacement parts has double-jointed knee parts for DD3, MDD3, and MDD-f3:

http://asatyantisupport.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/オトメユニット

They don't really pull out like the elbows, but there is a second joint inside the knee towards the base of the slit area on the rear of the knee. I think somewhere he shows it's best to extend that slit though to make it work better or not tear the vinyl. Here's an MDD with those installed:

http://mddasatyan.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-50.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bulgogi017

She’s a cutie! Generic but I think she would look great customized! Might try for her!

foo
On 4/27/2020 at 4:15 AM, cfx said:

She does have a flat face, as visible in the profile picture.

Her face definitely isn't flat, there's a lot of distance from her eye sockets to her mouth and nose. It is kind of featureless though, the 3/4 profile doesn't look great. I think that's mostly because of the mouth, although that could be a faceup thing?

sakura-profile.jpg.5cc0bbcae53a9ea428e828226b1e36c3.jpg sakura-three-quarter.jpg.3e83145d2e4046af0f56366e8ab8695d.jpg

She seems cute. Not great, but cute. 

She looks much better than the source material.