Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Galvatim

Galvatim's Photos

Galvatim
17 minutes ago, cfx said:

@onion9@

I want to get that swimsuit and hope Volks Japan still has it in stock whenever they can ship EMS again. (Volks USA is sold out.)

I hope you can snag it.  I'd like to get the pink one at some point.  It's too bad the MDD/DDP one was just a standard school swimsuit reissue, I'd like a cute swimsuit for Kudo.  

Galvatim

49920861826_2a268e4f96_c.jpg

49921158997_ff6fdb61d2_c.jpg

49920861076_663d2314b2_c.jpg

49920345393_c8043c1046_c.jpg

Lu-tsuki shipping.  

49920860731_8a6178eabb_c.jpg

49920860591_f8d4d0ae6d_c.jpg

• Like 2

Sord

Yeeahhhh, some girl on girl action!

baldylox

My girls and I totally approve of the shipping action!  <3 Also, that Feisty Girl set looks great on 2B!  I'm so glad I found one before they got silly hard to find and stupidly expensive.  The last one I saw sell on Mandarake went for $200 USD.  @onion3@

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Ui-
On 5/22/2020 at 2:08 PM, baldylox said:

My girls and I totally approve of the shipping action!  <3 Also, that Feisty Girl set looks great on 2B!  I'm so glad I found one before they got silly hard to find and stupidly expensive.  The last one I saw sell on Mandarake went for $200 USD.  @onion3@

Billy

Now I’m jealous. Heh. I got a few outfits but it was still expensive. Not $200 expensive, the most was $130. Got five or so. 

Galvatim

I know I spent around $150 on the Idolmaster swimsuit.  I think my Cherry Milk FGO Atlas Institute outfit was over $200.  I have other doll apparel that cost as much, but that's stuff direct from the Volks or SmD shops. 

Anyway, Natsuki!

49938942012_bf2598bb7d_c.jpg

49947082807_c44e716b3b_c.jpg

Mirwen in modern clothes.  Usually she wears fantasy style outfits.  

49947082777_d8a3e7082d_c.jpg

49947168061_c50b2974c6_c.jpg

49947167956_6839f2d291_c.jpg

49947454767_1598bf29b5_c.jpg

• Like 5

Ui-
On 5/28/2020 at 8:13 PM, Galvatim said:

I know I spent around $150 on the Idolmaster swimsuit.  I think my Cherry Milk FGO Atlas Institute outfit was over $200.  I have other doll apparel that cost as much, but that's stuff direct from the Volks or SmD shops. 

Anyway, Natsuki!

49938942012_bf2598bb7d_c.jpg

49947082807_c44e716b3b_c.jpg

Mirwen in modern clothes.  Usually she wears fantasy style outfits.  

49947082777_d8a3e7082d_c.jpg

49947168061_c50b2974c6_c.jpg

49947167956_6839f2d291_c.jpg

49947454767_1598bf29b5_c.jpg

Very beautiful dolls. I paid $250 for Emilia’s clothing set. $1000 for the sculpt (no body). No regret. To me, I’ll pay ANY price if it’s all that’s available. Limited editions are just that. Limited. You may never get another chance. I’d rather take the risk. A limited edition doll is as valuable as a person is willing to pay. Even if that’s waaaay more than it should sell for. Emilia is looking at me right now, and I’m smiling so hard. Including clothes and her f3 body, she was $2200 total (I guess I’m including 12 pairs of hands and the Miku bag). Someone told me they got a fullset Emilia last month for $600 (completely used; mine the wig was still attached to the cardboard and clothing in the bags. Their wig was messy. The sculpt was used, but it looks brand new. You could N O T tell the difference. The girl I bought I from knows how to take care of dolls).

what is the name of the doll with the black shirt? She’s perfect. Outfit, wig, face. She’s gorgeous. Wow. I love her. That skirt is AH-mazing. The shirt makes me wish I had more outfits. I spend more on dolls than outfits. I mainly have one outfit per doll. 😕 oh well I love dolls and I mostly buy limited full sets. I’ve made two customs and working on two more though. 

I love your dolls. If and when you come to Seattle, would you want to meet up? I’d love to show you my own dolls in person, and I’d love to see yours. We can social distance and wear masks still.

I haven’t shown a single person in-person my dolls. ;-; It’s my lonely hobby. Everyone I know is afraid of them. But during quarantine, they’re seriously like my best friends. I know that’s creepy but I’ve been quarantined since January. Isolation sickness is getting to me. Even before that I only went outside twice in the previous six months coming up to January. So I’m coming on a full year of being inside isolated from the world. I’m so lonely. 

I can’t wait until this passes and we can all meet up. I’m so glad I joined this community and met you all. So many people come to Seattle or live here. I’m really excited to meet you all. 

Nobosy cares about age, do they? I don’t know the average age of these vinyl doll collectors. I’m 30. I don’t know if I’m young, old, or average. I just don’t want to seem creepy if there are young teenagers who want to meet up at a park for pictures. There’re no age restrictions, right? I’m so super excited to see all of your dolls.

I also want to show everyone my DWC-01 Beatrice from Re:Zero. Then all I’ll have all four ladies from the manor. ^_^

• Like 1

cfx
19 minutes ago, Ui- said:

what is the name of the doll with the black shirt? She’s perfect. Outfit, wig, face. She’s gorgeous. Wow. I love her.

That's the lovely Sailor Mars. @onion24@

BeyondTime
22 minutes ago, Ui- said:

what is the name of the doll with the black shirt? She’s perfect. Outfit, wig, face. She’s gorgeous. Wow. I love her.

2 minutes ago, cfx said:

That's the lovely Sailor Mars. @onion24@

She's even nicer in person.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Galvatim

@Ui- Thanks!  Yes, cfx is correct, that's Sailor Mars wearing the black top.  Her skirt is from Alisa's default set.  She is all around gorgeous. 

I think the most I've paid for a doll so far is $1400 for Kanu.  

I'm hoping my Seattle trip works out, I was disappointed when Sakuracon cancelled.  I'm hoping Tfcon (Transformers convention) in Chicago this October doesn't cancel, but it looks hazy right now.  

This hobby tends to skew older than teens, so I don't think there's anything to worry about.  It's a cost thing, it's much easier to buy DD when you work full time.  

Ui-

Mars!! That’s what I thought. 

The Senshitachi are my next LEs I’ll be looking for. For Sailor Moon I’ll try to get a custom wig though. The Volks one is so ugly. Ugh. 

Thank you guys. 

Also I guess I forgot to ask, I thought I typed it but guess I only thought of it, but what is that purplish white dress (sell it to meeee. T_T)? I need it. Desperately. What’s the name? Is it custom? Is it something I can find on Mandarake or a user who made it?

I need that dress. Lmao. 

edit: good to know I’m in the general age group. Id like to meet some adult friends. I feel when you hit 30, you’re finally an adult. I never felt like one in my 20s. That said, I’ve talked to many people in their 20s who are into this hobby (someone with more dolls than me and she’s only 21!!) and mature enough to understand they’re handling a LUXURY item. I get worried around kids sometimes, I mean the thought of it, them holding my dolls and dropping them. They don’t understand the value. It’s like letting your 7 year old play with markers and your Gucchi bag collection. 

Edited by Ui-

Galvatim
29 minutes ago, Ui- said:

Also I guess I forgot to ask, I thought I typed it but guess I only thought of it, but what is that purplish white dress (sell it to meeee. T_T)? I need it. Desperately. What’s the name? Is it custom? Is it something I can find on Mandarake or a user who made it?

I need that dress. Lmao. 

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/599508

It's this kimono from Volks.  It'll probably turn up on Manda from time to time.  

• Thanks 1

BeyondTime
17 hours ago, Galvatim said:

I'm hoping Tfcon (Transformers convention) in Chicago this October doesn't cancel, but it looks hazy right now.  

There is a very good chance there will be another shelter-in-place in fall. I think it's going to vary from state to state, but the more responsible states are likely to shut down if we get a combined flu / Covid-19 surge.

17 hours ago, Ui- said:

Very beautiful dolls. I paid $250 for Emilia’s clothing set. $1000 for the sculpt (no body). No regret.

I paid 2k for my Miki Hoshi, and I have no regrets. She was around $600 new, so 2k is somewhat outrageous as a used price, but that was her going rate at the time.

17 hours ago, Ui- said:

There’re no age restrictions, right? I’m so super excited to see all of your dolls.

At the LA Dolpa I met a woman who was probably in her 70s, and who still collects Barbie dolls along with her Volks resins.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Galvatim
10 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

There is a very good chance there will be another shelter-in-place in fall. I think it's going to vary from state to state, but the more responsible states are likely to shut down if we get a combined flu / Covid-19 surge.

Yeah, I'm not expecting it to happen.  I haven't bought any tickets or reserved a hotel room.  I'll see how things are looking in a few months.

13 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I paid 2k for my Miki Hoshi, and I have no regrets. She was around $600 new, so 2k is somewhat outrageous as a used price, but that was her going rate at the time.

It's interesting to watch how prices fluctuate.  Yuki Morikawa is down around 100,000 yen on Manda, and even Sasara can found for about that price.  Saber Alter 1st has dropped a fair bit too, not surprising given the two subsequent releases and discontinuation of white skin.  Miki is still up there, and of course Kanu and Saber Lily have held their value.  At least until the inevitable Saber Lily ver. 2 DDS release happens.    

BeyondTime
15 minutes ago, Galvatim said:

and of course Kanu and Saber Lily have held their value.  At least until the inevitable Saber Lily ver. 2 DDS release happens.    

I'd like to see both a Kanu re-release, and a Lily DDS release.

cfx

Saber Extra is another that has really dropped; multiple Mandarake stores now have her, unused, for 80,000 yen. When I was first looking maybe two years ago and she was one of the dolls I was considering, I think she was 120K or so; I know she dropped from whereever to 100,000 a while ago.

Various Idolmaster girls seem to be harder to find at all now; it took me a while to find an unused Chihaya while a year ago Mandarake had several.

Galvatim

49960642341_9454ea1dcb_c.jpg

My new DD arrived.  

49960145003_8880ebcbf2_c.jpg

Lucy!  But I already have Lucy...  This is the semi-white release, Magical Princess Lucy.  

49960641996_10f015296a_c.jpg

You may know that I had some issues with my white skin Lucy's body breaking, and the lack of replacement parts.  Lucy 2nd can go on trips and such with less concern of damage, since I can just buy a new F3 body.  

49960641976_b5bc77e80e_c.jpg

Default outfit includes garters.  Bought Lucy from Manda.  The outfit seems used, but in excellent condition, with the wig, hairclips, and parasol unused.  I had to whip out my putty to reattach her eyes.  

49960641946_1e13574d1a_c.jpg

Also got this wig, a pink version of it, and the heart hands in flesh and semi-white from Volks Intl today.  The blue wig I bought for my original Lucy, so the timing was perfect.  

For those keeping score, I'm at 35 Dollfie Dreams, and 40 dolls overall.  

I'm starting to think I may need to sell a few.  I have Mash and Gudako on preorder, and I've been eyeing up Ilya, Jeanne and Nero/Saber Extra.  

• Like 3

BeyondTime

I've always liked the look of the WS Lucy, but I've never been willing to risk getting a WS doll.

Galvatim

49960512103_9356e6f418_c.jpg

Flower Fairy 2B.

49961010096_bf9c8c7465_c.jpg

49960511758_5d9bc49039_c.jpg

Water Fairy Kudo.

49960511763_1c584afebc_c.jpg

• Like 1

cfx
24 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I've always liked the look of the WS Lucy, but I've never been willing to risk getting a WS doll.

Earlier on in this hobby, I considered Saber Alter a few times. I'm too paranoid about yellowing, and also reading that maybe Dream Rescue wasn't safe to use on white skin. (Not sure if that's true or not; I never really researched it much.)

11 minutes ago, Galvatim said:

Water Fairy Kudo.

49960511763_1c584afebc_c.jpg

We talked about it a lot at the time--these outfits are pretty, but I really just don't care for the fur. This pic shows something I thought was the case but wasn't sure about, which is a large bust girl like 2B makes the fur really poke out prominently too. :classic_laugh:

In general I like how Volks made changes with outfit rereleases so they weren't just the same thing as the originals, but the fur is a change I wish they hadn't made.

Lucy's gloves look like they fit really well. When I first glanced at the pictures I didn't realize it was gloves at all and just thought her hands looked pink lol.

Galvatim
1 hour ago, cfx said:

We talked about it a lot at the time--these outfits are pretty, but I really just don't care for the fur. This pic shows something I thought was the case but wasn't sure about, which is a large bust girl like 2B makes the fur really poke out prominently too. :classic_laugh:

In general I like how Volks made changes with outfit rereleases so they weren't just the same thing as the originals, but the fur is a change I wish they hadn't made.

Lucy's gloves look like they fit really well. When I first glanced at the pictures I didn't realize it was gloves at all and just thought her hands looked pink lol.

Yeah, the fur is really popping out on 2B, it doesn't look quite right.  I'll try adjusting it and see if it sits better. 

Lucy's gloves are pretty nice, a good stretchy material.  I'll probably buy a pair of hands to leave in them.  I'll see how the order for articulated hands Mitsuki and I are trying to get a hold of goes.   We might get some of those for the Sailor Moon DD girls, too.  

cfx
32 minutes ago, Galvatim said:

Lucy's gloves are pretty nice, a good stretchy material.  I'll probably buy a pair of hands to leave in them.  I'll see how the order for articulated hands Mitsuki and I are trying to get a hold of goes.   We might get some of those for the Sailor Moon DD girls, too.

Ooh, that's a good idea. I generally don't like the look of the jointed hands because they look so mechanical, but they should be great in gloves.

Galvatim
27 minutes ago, cfx said:

Ooh, that's a good idea. I generally don't like the look of the jointed hands because they look so mechanical, but they should be great in gloves.

Yeah, it's perfect for the Sailor Senshi.  Too bad it's hard to find articulated hands, outfitting all of them alone would be expensive.  

I'd also be happy to see more sculpted vinyl gloved hands on the market, along the lines of what Volks included with Yoko, 2B, and Kanu.