Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Hardergirl

Waving from Denmark

Hardergirl

Hi everyone 😃

I just joined the forum. I have been following different threads offline and thought it was about time I joined officially. I'm the proud owner of an Angel Philia hybrid called Neah. I also currently own a Smart Doll Melody in milk, but she didn't really steal my heart so she will probably be sold at some point.

I've collected dolls for about 10 or so years. Started out with Makies (3d printed dolls you designed yourself) then a load of fashion dolls (Monster High and Ever After High), but became more and more annoyed by their restraint in movement when taking pictures of them. Then I discovered Obitsu dolls and began making hybrids of different types. My 3 favorite dolls I own are before mentioned Neah (Parabox-Angel Philia hybrid), Holly Birdd (Pullip-Obitsu hybrid, her name Holly Birdd is an anagram for Hybrid Doll 😉) and finally Nikita (Makies-Obitsu hybrid).

I live in Denmark and I don't really know that many people here that are crazy about dolls so I feel a bit alone with my hobby sometimes. So I can't wait to join in the conversations here.

Wish you all a fantastic day and happy holidays.

Hugs 🤗

Edited by Hardergirl

cfx

Welcome!  @onion12@

Sounds like you have some rather unique dolls, and I love your name Holly Birdd and how you came up with it.

• Like 1

Hardergirl

Thank you so much for the warm welcome 😊

Pit

Nice to meet you. Hope to see more of your posts and answers. And of course, more photos of your dolls. 

• Like 1

Hardergirl
23 hours ago, Pit said:

Nice to meet you. Hope to see more of your posts and answers. And of course, more photos of your dolls. 

Likewise 😊 And thank you so much.

NekoMel

Welcome. I can't wait to see pics of your hybrid dolls :) They sound very cool!

• Like 1

Hardergirl
5 hours ago, NekoMel said:

Welcome. I can't wait to see pics of your hybrid dolls :) They sound very cool!

Thank you so much 😊 I will post some shortly 😉

• Like 1

NekoMel
13 hours ago, Hardergirl said:

Thank you so much 😊 I will post some shortly 😉

I am curious, have you had many issues with matching skin tones? I full body shaded one doll I have, he came as one set, but the colors between his head and body were still off so I just made it work. But I can't imagine myself matching hybrids well lol.

Hardergirl
5 hours ago, NekoMel said:

I am curious, have you had many issues with matching skin tones? I full body shaded one doll I have, he came as one set, but the colors between his head and body were still off so I just made it work. But I can't imagine myself matching hybrids well lol.

The only one I had some issues with was my Pullip/Obitsu hybrid. Since the Obitsu 50 cm (whitey) body has a sort of yellow tone to it and the Pullip head seems to have a more red tone, I had to do a full body blush on the Obitsu body, adding red tones (and added freckles too actually because I had given the face freckles), and that was all that was needed to make them match better 😊

• Like 1

Demonslawa

Welcome and nice to meet you ! 

I can't wait to see the photos of your dolls 😉

• Like 1

NekoMel
22 hours ago, Hardergirl said:

The only one I had some issues with was my Pullip/Obitsu hybrid. Since the Obitsu 50 cm (whitey) body has a sort of yellow tone to it and the Pullip head seems to have a more red tone, I had to do a full body blush on the Obitsu body, adding red tones (and added freckles too actually because I had given the face freckles), and that was all that was needed to make them match better 😊

Awesome!

I used a tan color to give my boy an overall match and to be slightly darker skin tone than the peach color he came as. Freckles would have been an awesome idea to match the face to the neck and body. I can't wait to see yours! 

• Like 1

Hardergirl
21 hours ago, Demonslawa said:

Welcome and nice to meet you ! 

I can't wait to see the photos of your dolls 😉

Same to you 😊 and thank you.

Hardergirl

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngHere are my 3 girls, from top: Nikita, Holly and Neah ❤

• Like 1

NekoMel

They are so beautiful! I absolutely love them all! 😍 Your body shading looks beautiful. I can't tell their differences, awesome job!

• Like 1

Hardergirl
4 hours ago, NekoMel said:

They are so beautiful! I absolutely love them all! 😍 Your body shading looks beautiful. I can't tell their differences, awesome job!

Thank you so much 😊