The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Beani

Obitsu11 Discussion (Mini Sweets Dolls etc)

Beani

I was lucky enough to get the Mini Sweets Doll I fell in love with at the Jan 26th Dollce event however I know nothing about this doll size! Was hoping to possibly find some other Obitsu11 owners to discuss clothes, accessories, tips and tricks.

For those unfamiliar with Mini Sweets by Dollce here is their store and Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/minisweetsdoll

http://doll.shop-pro.jp/?mode=cate&cbid=2516033&csid=0

Anyone have an Obitsu11 to share? Do these bodies stain easily? Where do you buy your clothes from?

This is my Mini Sweets Doll, Lia. She is a Licorice head and I am totally smitten! 

Ive found a lot of nice outfits at Dollce, YaJ or Minne but so far just limited myself to one extra outfit (that shipped today) until I better understand the options for her. The one here is her default set, I believe all Mini Sweets come with one-off dresses by angel_forest but I’m not sure on that. 

A5D8519D-9F04-49BE-A8D0-48F376ECF15C.jpeg

01E8131C-B70D-4321-B90F-E73D0E91D821.jpeg

• Like 5

Singer Yuna

Aaaaaw, so cute Lia-chan!!

I’m using the technique of your advice too, just a couple of outfits and that’s all.

In other thread somebody asked about 4.5-5inches wigs, with providers like parabox, dollce or leekeworld.

For clothing and shoes I use parabox and azone piconeemo. Some piconeemo outfits don’t close perfectly at the back.

these are my two little ones, Hikari and Coco (Coco was a great find, she came even with shoes!!)

49450283087_263df01fb0_k_d.jpg

45351771802_02ddfbfaba_k_d.jpg

49089452846_363a80f6f5_k_d.jpg

Edited by Singer Yuna
  • Like 1

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

angelicore

oh, both of your dolls are too cute!! i've been meaning to get a mini sweets doll or my own custom ob11 when i have the money for it and these photos have honestly just confirmed that for me. ♡

i'm the one who made the thread asking for wig recommendations, and just a quick question since you might be more familiar with 4.5 and 5 inch heads - have you found the two sizes are generally interchangeable when it comes to wigs or is 4.5 too small for a 5 inch head? it'll be helpful to know when i decide to get into ob11's myself ^^ ;;

♡ (they/them) ♡

cfx

Could the Cu-poche or Nendoroid Doll clothing possibly work on these? I don't know if the size is close enough.

monkeypizzasonic
1 hour ago, cfx said:

Could the Cu-poche or Nendoroid Doll clothing possibly work on these? I don't know if the size is close enough.

I don't have an Obitsu 11, but I do have a Nendoroid doll and the Obitsu clothes are a bit big on them. 

There's some sellers on etsy that make clothes (and patterns) in that size.

Beani

@Singer Yuna I’m so happy that you have mini girls too! Your two are really cute! Hopefully I get the names right. Is Hikari in the overalls? I believe she is a Parabox head? I love the overall and antlers combo. The overalls themselves wouldn’t suit Lia but I like the quality. Do you remember where they are from?

For Coco, the width of the head also makes me think Parabox but maybe not? Are shoes hard to find? I noticed Lia has Obitsu branded shoes and it seems their little plastic Mary Janes like hers are only around 600 yen. The silver ones you have are really sweet though. 

It looks like Hikari has traveled a bit. What is your carrying solution for her? I’d like to pop Lia in my bag when I go out but am interested in what others do since I don’t believe there is any official case or bag for this size. 

@angelicore Happy to hear we have tempted you to the dark side. I hope Yuna can help with the wig dilemma!

I noticed Dollyteria has quite a lot of used Mini Sweets, sometimes under 10,000 yen. So a good discount if they happen to have any you like.

4 hours ago, cfx said:

Oh well that doesn't help then.

However, I just remembered that Dollremi makes quite a range of Obitsu 11 clothing.

https://dollremi.store/c/OB11

This has some nice stuff, thanks! Won’t work for Mini Sweets if there are hoods or hair bands though (since it looks like they are made for Nendo sized heads) which is such a shame. I like some of the hooded ones there for sure. Kinda confused if these are really Obitsu11 or Nendo Dolls given the heads. Maybe it is common to put Nendos on Obitsu11 rather than the official Doll bodies for them.

• Like 1

cfx
1 hour ago, Beani said:

Maybe it is common to put Nendos on Obitsu11 rather than the official Doll bodies for them.

It was absolutely a thing before Good Smile started making the Nendoroid Doll bodies, though I don't know if the release of those has impacted how popular it is. There's even a name for it: Obitsuroid

Jezrah
3 hours ago, Beani said:

What is your carrying solution for her? I’d like to pop Lia in my bag when I go out but am interested in what others do since I don’t believe there is any official case or bag for this size. 

I have a Hikari head on an Obitsu 11 as well. I don't have any pictures of her for now, because I have been absolutely unable to find a wig in the color and style I want for her. As a result, I began teaching myself to make her a wig using videos for Monster High dolls. But I got sidetracked recently since I bought a new house.

Anyway, when I want to store my girl or take her somewhere, I put her in a hard sided glasses case. Then I can pop it into my purse and she won't get damaged. 

Edited by Jezrah

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Beani

@cfx Obitsuroids ha. Makes one wonder how the quality compares between the two bodies. The sizing seems pretty damn close. 

@Jezrah I am such a dunce! I didn’t realize Hikari was the headsculpt name. I hope you can find the right wig for her soon or complete your custom one (making a wig sounds crazy!). I looked up the Hikari head and there is such a nice variety of options. 

They fit in a glasses case?! I clearly must not be properly registering how small these dolls are. I think I only just threw out my spare glasses case too.. damn. Would have been the perfect undercover doll case. 

Edited by Beani

Monty

Being in Japan, you have access to the best source of Obitsu11 clothes that there is - doll events! (In particular, I-Doll and Doll Show). Definitely take advantage of those, there's some absolutely amazing stuff I see sold at such events which is rarely if ever sold online. Since obitsuroids really exploded in popularity, so did the sellers making clothes for the obitsu11 bodies. They were actually dominating the last Fukuoka I-Doll I went to. (2017 October, butt they're surely still popular now)
Besides YaJ, have you checked merucari too?

Singer Yuna
22 hours ago, angelicore said:

with 4.5 and 5 inch heads - have you found the two sizes are generally interchangeable when it comes to wigs or is 4.5 too small for a 5 inch head? it'll be helpful to know when i decide to get into ob11's myself ^^ ;;

4,5 inches is toooo small. In wig matter I had the same problem as you, the parabox wigs were a little shiny and wanted to see more, but as Hikari has one weird size, she usually uses 4.5 wigs but they are so close fit the wig almost jump above her big head. So wigs for her are trial and error and I sticked to the recommended parabox size (but cut the length). I have one friend who bought a lovely dollce small wig and it doesn’t fit her Hikari B type. So if the wig is technically smaller than the head diameter, don’t buy it because it turn you crazy.

21 hours ago, cfx said:

I tried that too, it barely closes by the velcro but looks fine.

This is azone pureneemo tshirt that became a dress, and nendodoll by her side.

48187870282_71fbd6053e_c_d.jpg

and this is a nude comparison for ob11 and nendodoll body

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/40943210983_fa34b6e56f_c_d.jpg

@Beani yes, Hikari is a Hikari type A and coco is coco, I’m quite basic in 11cm naming. Coco came directly from mandarake and her stuff is all secondhanded so I can’t help with the procedence of the shoes, but as Torino said, idoll events are full of little shoes and wigs, you can lose yourself in ^^ overalls are from parabox too ^^
Hikari travels in a nendoroid pouch ^^

Edited by Singer Yuna
  • Like 1

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

Beani

@Monty Honestly I’ve been avoiding Doll events my whole time here out of fear for my wallet. Now I have this size as well I think those events would be even more dangerous. 

If anything I think Obitsu11 has increased in popularity the last couple of years. There’s so many groups making stuff for this size it’s overwhelming.

I have been looking at Mercari but I have to really want something to deal with that platform. The sellers can be so stressful.

@Singer Yuna Thanks for the comparison shots of the body! That helps me understand the difference better. Somehow the Parabox overalls look nicer in your shots than I expected from their stock photos. Will have to look at their stuff more!

Nendoroid pouches are not hard shell right? I like the idea of one since they have some nice designs but I worry about the more delicate face up on a Mini Sweets if the pouch can compress around the doll. 

I received the tiniest box ever in the mail last night from YaJ and this dress looks so much cuter in person than I expected! I hope to try it on soon. The seller still has some different colors if anyone wants to take the plunge too: https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/seller/ichigogari1128

Problem is I may now need some white or pink shoes..

2B279B17-949A-40BF-AF6F-CD376FFA5FD8.jpeg

• Like 1

Monty
2 hours ago, Beani said:

@Monty Honestly I’ve been avoiding Doll events my whole time here out of fear for my wallet. Now I have this size as well I think those events would be even more dangerous. 

Do what I did and only withdraw a certain amount of cash and limit yourself to that. Don't do what I did and spend the entire lot on a Dearmine Picasso Bean and then withdraw more. (That incident aside, I'm usually good at staying under budget if I impose a limit)

Doll events are well worth going to not just for the stuff you can find that you may never find elsewhere but also just for the chance to see certain dolls IRL. I always like looking at dolls and how people display them regardless, but while seeing some IRL has ended up making me want them, there have also been situations where dolls I thought I wanted I didnt actually like when I saw them IRL.

Edited by Monty

BeyondTime
25 minutes ago, Monty said:

I always like looking at dolls and how people display them regardless, but while seeing some IRL has ended up making me want them, there have also been situations where dolls I thought I wanted I didnt actually like when I saw them IRL.

This is a really good point.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Gallye

Personally, I like AliExpress for Obitsu 11 stuff - just type 'ob11' into the search bar and drown in clothes and shoes. They have all kinds of things I've never seen anywhere else!

cfx
6 hours ago, Monty said:

I always like looking at dolls and how people display them regardless, but while seeing some IRL has ended up making me want them, there have also been situations where dolls I thought I wanted I didnt actually like when I saw them IRL.

Indeed, this is good advice. It's not feasible for me to go to doll shows and see things in person and I've been lucky so far that I've liked what I bought, but they always look different in person than in pictures. Before DDs I was buying scale PVC figures (still do some, just not things I want coming out and prices are getting too high), and I got a few of those I didn't like after I got them because pictures on a 2D computer screen don't always fully reflect what a 3D object actually looks like.

As a partial substitute I make sure to always find pictures of any doll sculpt that show angles other than the basics that Volks always shows, because I often find that something I like in head-on shots I may not like from other angles, like the flat faces on some sculpts.

angelicore

@Singer Yuna i'm a bit late but thank you for the reply on that! you've probably saved me from buying a 4.5 dollce wig for one of my 5in head girls only to have it not fit. ^^ ;; 

also @Beani oh my goodness, that seller's clothes are adorable! i'm excited to see your try ons, not to mention that seeing clothes like that are out there for ob11's is making me want to get one even more now...

• Like 1

♡ (they/them) ♡

Beani

@Monty I use to do the limited money draw for Comiket and it worked well but I don’t trust myself at a Doll event sadly. I’ll see if I end up at the next Idoll or Dollpa. I originally told myself I’d not go to Dollpa until I wanted a doll there but the one I cared about (Ram) wasn’t in Tokyo so that idea failed..

Seeing dolls in person certainly does make a difference. I actually fell out of love with Arle that way (no idea why though since she is adorable, just not for me after seeing her in real life). 

On 1/29/2020 at 4:38 PM, Gallye said:

Personally, I like AliExpress for Obitsu 11 stuff - just type 'ob11' into the search bar and drown in clothes and shoes. They have all kinds of things I've never seen anywhere else!

This is a really good tip, there’s loads there. Have you bought much though? I know Aliexpress is full of people stealing images from others and making cheap knockoffs of the clothes. So I’d be worried to get that happening off. If you know any reliable sellers though please share!

@angelicore They really are adorable aren’t they? I think this size just has too much cute stuff. Time to start saving for both of us I think!

I was able to get back to Dollce to buy some Dollce original shoes to match the outfit. Not the best photo but the set is even cuter than I thought. 

The tiny little shoes simply kill me. They are so cute and I can’t say no to bows. They don’t have magnets though sadly so I can’t stand Lia on her metal plate for stability with them. :(

A616C4F4-92E1-4D18-BB00-DC351DE4A777.jpeg

• Like 2

angelicore

oh my god, those shoes! @onion14@ thank you dollce for my life. 

♡ (they/them) ♡

Beani

@angelicore Ahaha I see we had similar reactions.

For some reason only their plastic shoes are on the international store but they do have some of these shoes in a few colors online at the JP store if anyone is interested. 

• Like 1

Gallye

I personally had a good transaction with Dolly Tree Store, and I know that Wan mei jia fa has a good reputation and selection. (They have good stuff for most sizes, actually!)

The mass-produced stuff does turn up in lots of stores simultaneously, but you also get stores that do their own thing, which is usually pretty neat. 😀

Beani

@Gallye Thanks for the links! I’m liking some of the stuff from Dolly Tree, in particular the pink yukata. Do you happen to have any photos of the items from your order?

Gallye

I don't have any photos at the moment, since getting these dolls properly clothed is an ongoing struggle for me. I can tell you that I mostly bought shoes and everything I bought looked exactly like the photos on the listings. Nothing was shoddy or poorly made, and I was completely happy with everything.

For example, these amazing little loafers were so exactly like the sales photos that I may have squeaked a bit. So perfect!

Beani

@Gallye Ok thanks! I’ll be bookmarking the site and ordering once things settle down a bit for me. If you ever get photos I’d love to see them still though!