The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

lardroom

[NSFW] Lardroom's room of lard and dolls.

cfx
8 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Did you try disabling 3D focus? I was wondering if that might be part of your issue. It's been awhile since I read about it, but I think it was designed for motion tracking and in low light it might have issues figuring out what to focus on. In 3D focus mode the camera is constantly looking for a new subject to focus on, and the focus indicator tends to bounce from point to point on the screen.

Sorry if you already covered this earlier, I haven't followed every post.

I need to double check, but I was, theoretically, in single-point focus mode without any tracking. It's possible I wasn't because really all the settings on the camera tend to just overwhelm me, but I didn't see it move the focus point I selected. I haven't gotten back around to fooling with it.

Based on what you and @foo have told me here, I think it's likely that at least part of my issue with these particular photos was low light, and maybe the focusing algorithms focusing on some different apsect of whatever is within the particular sensor area. And that the focus assist lamp isn't really helping anything in my case.

Maybe I'm also just expecting the focus system to work better than it actually does. At the distances I was working at (a little over 0.5m generally) I'm not that far removed from macro photography, and I know people still do manual focus a lot for that. I'm not against doing manual focusing in theory, but in practice I can't judge focus either in viewfinder or on the rear screen, to that level, because my vision just isn't that good.

I thought both versions of the D5 were announced together, but I'm not sure now.

BeyondTime
37 minutes ago, cfx said:

I thought both versions of the D5 were announced together, but I'm not sure now.

It's possible that they were and I completely forgot about it.

37 minutes ago, cfx said:

I need to double check, but I was, theoretically, in single-point focus mode without any tracking.

In case you need to know, honestly I've forgotten some of the buttons on that camera were there until I needed something and had to look it up.

Turn on the camera and look through the viewfinder while pressing the button in the center of the focus select switch. If you see 3D illuminated in the viewfinder you are in 3D mode. If you see anything other than a single point, you can rotate the front dial until you only see one point lit up.

I suspect any of the focus tracking modes are going to suck in low light. Pretty sure changing focus modes will have an impact on other features, so you may need to swap modes if you want to do something different with the camera.

Rocky Nook has a good book called Mastering the Nikon D800. Much better than the manual imp, and it covers all of this stuff along with recommended settings for different uses.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

lardroom

I've always wanted to put Toobie in a wedding dress. Also got a long blonde wig just cause. She looks pretty.

49936808721_0e3dcaf7be_h.jpg

Toobs_wedding_full2 by Lardroom, on Flickr

49936264438_0cddd6d6d6_h.jpg

Toobs_wedding_bust by Lardroom, on Flickr

Playing with the pre-sets in Luminar. I like this one.

Edited by lardroom
Swapped pictures
  • Like 5

DesertPhantom51

I agree with the side part, it makes her seem more elegant.  I always love seeing what you come up with for posing and dressing Toobie.

• Thanks 1

lardroom
11 hours ago, DesertPhantom51 said:

I agree with the side part, it makes her seem more elegant.  I always love seeing what you come up with for posing and dressing Toobie.

Thanks. She's such a pretty doll. I really want another 2b head so I can give her an elaborate faceup.

lardroom

She comes with a faux fur stole and lacy sleeves. Also experimenting with a different angle.

49943619592_b758165b7f_h.jpg

Toobs_stole_ai by Lardroom, on Flickr

Edited by lardroom
swapped pictures
  • Like 2

baldylox

Wow, the above photo is just gorgeous.  <3<3<3 

Billy

• Thanks 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

lardroom

Last few pictures of the wedding dress. I've have some restocked SD16 outfits coming in from Volks in a week that I'm excited about and something for Arle as well. Arle's been neglected a bit, so I need to make it up to her.

49952754731_0808a13018_o.jpg

Toobs_wedding_bust3 by Lardroom, on Flickr

49952755756_57c9267cb0_o.jpg

Toobie_wedding_close2 by Lardroom, on Flickr

49952254503_6a7f06b2b4_o.jpg

Toobs_wedding_full4 by Lardroom, on Flickr

49952256083_7e0dae75f0_o.jpg

Toobs_corset by Lardroom, on Flickr

49952754846_4ae37513df_o.jpg

Toobs_white by Lardroom, on Flickr

• Like 5

lardroom

The VolksUSA lottery stuff arrived and I finally got around to dressing Arle in her school uniform. Toobs is being overly protective. I guess they're foxes now.

1562560111_007(2).JPG.797db0bf646c6eea6e0e96932e6d22d9.JPG

Also, I had Toobie out while I was playing Ghosts of Tsushima and snapped a picture using the games amazing visuals as a background. I should have found another shrine, but toooo lazy. I have so many more outfits for her to try on, but also too lazy, and I absolutely love this MikoMiko outfit.

1800898752_001(2).JPG.55fe3667af3fcd9171f13b70574c13cd.JPG

Edited by lardroom
  • Like 10

DesertPhantom51

I love that you used the game for the background, that turned out great!  Lovely photos! 

• Thanks 1

littlecherishdoll

Ohhh the wedding dress!!!! These photos are so lovely... I love the side part, and all of the decadent details of the dress... this photo specifically is... wow, she is so gorgeous!! you did an amazing job. Her eyes look so sweet... i can really feel the emotions of her as your bride >o<

49952754731_0808a13018_o.jpg

The latest fox photos are darling, too! I really like the background... and little Arle looks precious, too (i LOVE MDDs... so cute). 

I just looked through the whole thread, and you have seriously improved so much in such a short period of time! I will be watching this thread to see more of your beautiful girls :3

• Like 1

lardroom

Thanks! I've been too busy to take more pictures and improve further, but I'm hoping to devote more time with them. I still have unopened outfits I ordered from Volks that Toobs has yet to try on. Within the past 4 months I moved to a new city, started a new job, and unknowingly contracted and quarantined through the mildest form of coronavirus and worked from home the entire time.

littlecherishdoll

I am so sorry to hear you went through all of that! That sounds so rough... Glad to hear you made it through alright, though, and hope you are able to relax and enjoy your hobbies again, soon! Thanks again for sharing images of your beautiful girls!