The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

lardroom

[NSFW] Lardroom's room of lard and dolls.

lardroom

I liked the previous pose a lot and decided to have another go with longer focal length, a (badly) ironed sheet as a background, and my mini fill light. Still learning and going to build a more interesting setup with better lighting.

49642294017_2aefdd493d_b.jpg

Toobs21-2 by Lardroom, on Flickr

Got some new shoes in as well, silver to match the mermaid dress, so I' going to do a better 2B in glass picture.

• Like 2

lardroom

I was walking around in this cute downtown area when I spotted these tiny perfume bottles for $1 each. Coincidentally Volks announced little tiny perfume bottles the next day, probably for a bit more money.

The used perfume bottles still have the lingering aroma of perfume, too.

49660901911_26a7897cc5_h.jpg

Toobs24 by Lardroom, on Flickr

49660901971_26ed007486_h.jpg

Toobs25 by Lardroom, on Flickr

49660902316_e46ddcb44d_h.jpg

Toobs27 by Lardroom, on Flickr

• Like 2

cfx

Those little bottles are neat. I guess they're all copies of famous perfumes too as I recognize the bottle with the bird cap as L'air du Temps, and the "CR" one is probably meant to look like Chanel?

Probably because I tend to prefer more plain designs over frilly ones, but I really like the white dress used like that without the overdress part. Fit looks good too. :)

lardroom
28 minutes ago, cfx said:

Those little bottles are neat. I guess they're all copies of famous perfumes too as I recognize the bottle with the bird cap as L'air du Temps, and the "CR" one is probably meant to look like Chanel?

Probably because I tend to prefer more plain designs over frilly ones, but I really like the white dress used like that without the overdress part. Fit looks good too. :)

The CR bottle is a mini Charles of the Ritz. Upon closer inspection, the blue bottle is a dasher of Root Bitters, aromatic, but not in the way I associate with perfume.

cfx
23 minutes ago, lardroom said:

The CR bottle is a mini Charles of the Ritz.

Oh yeah. That's a brand I had completely forgotten about. Checking now I see that the bottle design is indeed that.

lardroom

I like this outfit combination so much, I had to take more pictures of it before I swapped outfits for the other things that arrived. This time I got up in the morning and worked with some natural light outside. Also working on portraiture and trying to chase that bokeh with this kit lens.

49662412452_36cd909a8f_h.jpg

Toobs30 by Lardroom, on Flickr

49662412422_beb7bce5eb_h.jpg

Toobs31 by Lardroom, on Flickr

49661591608_3515d8a3b0_h.jpg

Toobs28 by Lardroom, on Flickr

This last one is my current favourite. Toobs looks so badass.

Edited by lardroom
  • Like 4

baldylox

Wow, that last outfit *IS* extremely nice on her!  She works it perfectly.  I'm super impressed with you posing and photos, thanks so much for sharing with us!  <3 

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

lardroom
24 minutes ago, baldylox said:

Wow, that last outfit *IS* extremely nice on her!  She works it perfectly.  I'm super impressed with you posing and photos, thanks so much for sharing with us!  <3 

Billy

Thanks! I loved nearly every picture I took this time and I'm super happy. That is all to do with the lighting. Toobie is so very pretty when she's not hindered by the horrible lighting situation in my house. I'm learning new stuff all the time and trying them out on her.

I want to take her out on nature walksies in the future. Maybe I should have actually gotten that Miku bag...

Edited by lardroom

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, lardroom said:

The CR bottle is a mini Charles of the Ritz.

That one could double as a whiskey carafe in photos.

9 hours ago, cfx said:

Probably because I tend to prefer more plain designs over frilly ones, but I really like the white dress used like that without the overdress part. Fit looks good too.

That dress is really versatile. I need to mess around with it on a DD & DDS.

1 hour ago, lardroom said:

This last one is my current favourite. Toobs looks so badass.

That last one is great. On the middle one you might try a much closer crop that zooms in on her face and bust and a bit of jacket detail; think modeling headshot.

With some tops you can fit the C-clamp stand under the top. Works better for photos from the front than it does from the side though. With practice you can get them to stand without the stand, but the loose ankles on the F3 are problematic. I had to tighten all of mine to max, and they still aren't tight enough. Some shoes make standing easier though, like boots give ankle support and that makes the doll less likely to tip.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

lardroom
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

That one could double as a whiskey carafe in photos.

One of the things I really want to make is a 1/3 scale cocktail bar. I think I can get all the pieces from Ali or TaoBao, but it'll take a lot of work.

4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

On the middle one you might try a much closer crop that zooms in on her face and bust and a bit of jacket detail; think modeling headshot.

I have a bunch of close up shots, but wanted a variety instead of all portraits. But, yes, I'm finding that half or 3/4 body shot kind of awkward and can't settle on a good composition. I'm finding I love super close-ups and want to make a fancy ring light that will reflect in the eyes of the doll.

49663533456_3f91afc7c5_z.jpg

Toobs31-1 by Lardroom, on Flickr

I also saw your Makoto in her suit and wanted to dress up 2B in her own suit, cept I kept it fast fashion casual. This one is a posing exercise and I tried copying a fashion runway walk. This one was interesting because the angle changed the way the weight of the walk, in addition posing such a casual, non-exaggerated movement instead of a static pose was fun.

49663820297_3fa047b02c_z.jpg

Toobs33 by Lardroom, on Flickr

49662998188_c3dce5ce7a_z.jpg

Toobs32 by Lardroom, on Flickr

I am totally cheating, as the wrists are not fully inserted so that the jacket doesn't look too longs.

Edited by lardroom
  • Like 3

cfx

Is that the "British" navy suit from about a year ago that's made for SD13B but also rated to fit DDdy? I was curious what that would look like.

Your walking pose looks good.

24 minutes ago, lardroom said:

I am totally cheating, as the wrists are not fully inserted so that the jacket doesn't look too longs.

Haha, I've experimented with this exact same thing. I've wanted to make something to stick on the wrist joints so you can still shove them in to a stopping point to make this easier to do and be consistent and you wouldn't have to keep adjusting them after posing. Perhaps something as simple as little pieces cut from some plastic tubing or even a plastic drinking straw would work.

lardroom
11 minutes ago, cfx said:

Is that the "British" navy suit from about a year ago that's made for SD13B but also rated to fit DDdy? I was curious what that would look like.

Yup! The trousers fit quite well. The DDdy thighs are actually thicker than SD13B and the length looks great in high heels with only a little bit of piling. The waist is a bit too loose for DDDy, but the thighs are tight and are holding everything up. The shirt sleeves are too long as are the shoulders. The vest fits okay. The shoulders of the jacket are very wide and need some support, or you have to pose the shoulders carefully so it doesn't look awkward. The length of the sleeves are always an issue, so I cheat.

Edited by lardroom

cfx
1 minute ago, lardroom said:

The shoulders of the jacket are very wide and need some support [...]

I don't know how feasible this is to do in 1/3 scale, but I wonder if you could make something to stick in the shoulders of the jacket, like those wedge shaped foam shoulder pad things made for real people clothing? I've thought about this too because while I'm not sure I have anything where it's truly needed to make the outfit work, it could raise the shoulders a bit on some I have where they'd probably look a bit better and it would effectively shorten the sleeves a bit too.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, lardroom said:

One of the things I really want to make is a 1/3 scale cocktail bar. I think I can get all the pieces from Ali or TaoBao, but it'll take a lot of work.

Check Etsy, there are people who make 1/3 scale liquor bottles, and people who make furniture.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

lardroom

Arle is here!

I love that she comes with these bean bag poring/slime things as accessories (I have never played Puyo Puyo. I just think they're cute).

49671515407_2e26a58c00_h.jpg

Arle06 by Lardroom, on Flickr

Copying a Tanya (Youjo Senki) pose, or...Arle fails at trying to be alluring because she is too cute.

49671228596_b57a40289c_h.jpg

Arle05 by Lardroom, on Flickr

More cute smashing. Poor puyos.

49671196886_55bca9a4fb_h.jpg

Arle03 by Lardroom, on Flickr

Edited by lardroom
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

lardroom

More Arle. Poor Toobie. She's got new stuff and clothes, but just like a new puppy, she's sulking because she feels ignored. I was only able to do one pose because there was maybe 30 minutes of natural light left.

49677389048_1b44ae9899_h.jpg

Arle08 by Lardroom, on Flickr

Full body shot.

49678204902_d55f58e2b7_h.jpg

Arle08-1 by Lardroom, on Flickr

Portrait.

49677389148_4dfc3a2f18_h.jpgArle07-1 by Lardroom, on Flickr

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, lardroom said:

More Arle. Poor Toobie. She's got new stuff and clothes, but just like a new puppy, she's sulking because she feels ignored.

I suspect the arrival of Arle has a great many dolls being ignored right now.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 1

lardroom
13 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I suspect the arrival of Arle has a great many dolls being ignored right now.

It's the weekend and since I'm practicing responsible social distancing, the plan is to play with dolls instead of going out with friends.

• Like 1

Pit
4 hours ago, lardroom said:

It's the weekend and since I'm practicing responsible social distancing, the plan is to play with dolls instead of going out with friends.

One great benefit indeed. I'll be more responsible for the sake of my dol...cough cough... society. 

Bad jokes aside. Yep, that's a great idea. Still, It's sad that photo sessions have to be only at home. 

Edited by Pit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

lardroom

Wig swap. Toobie looks amazing in Arles wig. Arle...does not look as good in 2B's wig. She actually looks like a tiny grandma. Hah.

Also, the green fishtail coat is great, and fits DD really well. Unfortunately, spring is here and ti's a bit out of season. I want to pose them together in a super cute way and I've got some inspiration.

49681146196_be314b31e3_h.jpg

Toobs34-1 by Lardroom, on Flickr

49680719908_2fe64a30ea_h.jpg

Toobs36-1 by Lardroom, on Flickr

49681146151_fdd7c271f0_b.jpg

Toobs35 by Lardroom, on Flickr

Edited by lardroom
Unhappy with exposure on second picture.
  • Like 3

BeyondTime
27 minutes ago, lardroom said:

Wig swap. Toobie looks amazing in Arles wig. Arle...does not look as good in 2B's wig. She actually looks like a tiny grandma. Hah.

Yeah, I'm definitely grabbing a 2B if Volks has then in their winter event. She looks great in that wig, and the color really makes the color of her eyes pop out.

lardroom
9 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Yeah, I'm definitely grabbing a 2B if Volks has then in their winter event. She looks great in that wig, and the color really makes the color of her eyes pop out.

I'm sad there's not as many 2Bs around as I thought there would be, but then I remembered that only 1/3 of them have been released. I'm really glad that I ordered and paid for her day (if not hour) one when she became available through VolksUSA.

cfx
49 minutes ago, lardroom said:

Also, the green fishtail coat is great, and fits DD really well.

As usual from Volks' own pictures, that coat did nothing for me, but I've seen a lot of user pictures of it that look nice. Like this Shiburun (in spoiler tag to not clutter up the thread):

Spoiler

Haha, you deleted that second picture, but I was gonna tell you to watch focus. When going wide aperture for that bokeh, you can end up with one eye in focus and the other one not, which usually doesn't look good and tends to be really noticable, and that one pic had that.

2B looks great in that wig. For anyone who doesn't have Arle, I think the Volks "straight bob" is about the same style:

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=7594

I wonder if the "medium wave" would look good:

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=1717

Edited by cfx

lardroom
26 minutes ago, cfx said:

Haha, you deleted that second picture, but I was gonna tell you to watch focus. When going wide aperture for that bokeh, you can end up with one eye in focus and the other one not, which usually doesn't look good and tends to be really noticable, and that one pic had that.

Yup. I took a look after posting and was like...ewww.

I'm thinking of going to a camera shop and nabbing a used full frame mirrorless. I've been told not to rely on an EVF and use the optical for now to build basic skills, so maybe later. This is really fun, though.

Arle's wig has a lot of bang and it's really thick, moreso than what it looks like in the Volks' straight bob which looks to have thinner bangs.  Hard to tell though. Volks doesn't do a very good or flattering job on their wigs.

Edited by lardroom

cfx
2 minutes ago, lardroom said:

I'm thinking of going to a camera shop and nabbing a used full frame mirrorless. I've been told not to rely on an EVF and use the optical for now to build basic skills, so maybe later. This is really fun, though.

I've never used a mirrorless so I can't make any suggestions on that. I'm used to optical because I started in the mid-1970's with 35mm film SLRs which was long before even autofocus was a thing. I was actually lamening the other day how cameras no longer have split-prism viewfinders so you can manual focus if you wanted to. They have those things that electronically tell you if you're in focus or which direction you're off, but if it's a situation where the autofocus system is being confused, those don't help.

Since people may not know what I'm referring to, here's a nice little video, which watching makes me sad that cameras don't still have these: