The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Volks Int resumes international orders, temporary switch to DHL (UPDATED)

lardroom

Just placed a big order with Volks international (all those SD 16 dresses, like Blue Azure and Spica, are restocked). I've had really good previous experience with DHL, so I'm hoping that continues.

cfx

I kind of want to order some of the Doll Point items like the heart hands, but I can't trust a DHL package to actually get to me, so I will be waiting until whenever EMS is reinstated before ordering from them again.

I don't know why I didn't get those and the thumbs-up hands when Volks USA had them at the end of 2017. @onion4@

cfx

Doll Point is open again, and as expected the Doll Point limited items are no longer available to order online.

Edited by cfx

KonekoHigure

I'm glad I placed my order yesterday, then. One more day of hesitation and it'd be over for me. :')

At home: Ashura (DD Ruri) - Nova (DDS Alice Kuonji)

cfx

Since I can't trust DHL to actually deliver a package to me, I wasn't able to order anything, though all I wanted was the heart hands.

• Sad 2

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Can anyone give me an idea as to what the shipping costs are for DHL Express from Volks to the US, like for a full doll? Are they the same as EMS or lower/higher? 

Their info section says the charges are the same between DHL and EMS, but I'm kind of doubting that lol. I usually pay like 80$ for DHL on Mandarake for a Super Dollfie Midi(about half the size of a DD), and EMS has been like 60$ each time I've gotten a DD from Volks Int.

cfx
12 minutes ago, Serena-Hime said:

Can anyone give me an idea as to what the shipping costs are for DHL Express from Volks to the US, like for a full doll? Are they the same as EMS or lower/higher? 

Their info section says the charges are the same between DHL and EMS, but I'm kind of doubting that lol. I usually pay like 80$ for DHL on Mandarake for a Super Dollfie Midi(about half the size of a DD), and EMS has been like 60$ each time I've gotten a DD from Volks Int.

What I'm pretty certain Volks is saying is that they are charging customers the same rates as they were when using EMS, and they're absorbing the additional cost that DHL entails.

However, I haven't ordered from them since this due to issues I've had with DHL, so I can't verify.

I do know that when I've bought things from Amiami or Mandarake in those cases where you can see the costs for other shipping options, that for me DHL usually shows as about 2X what EMS is.

• Like 1

bbotss
5 hours ago, Serena-Hime said:

I just placed an order for a DD body and extra parts yesterday. I'm in Singapore, not US, but I was charged the same amount for shipping ($20+) as the previous times I ordered from them with shipping via EMS. So I think Volks is absorbing the additional cost as @cfx stated, because when I ordered items via Noppin with DHL shipping, the shipping cost was easily 3-4 times what Volks charged me (around $60+ for dog clothes alone, and $80+ for a SDM doll with default box).

• Like 1

cfx
On 6/5/2020 at 2:03 AM, bbotss said:

I just placed an order for a DD body and extra parts yesterday. I'm in Singapore, not US, but I was charged the same amount for shipping ($20+) as the previous times I ordered from them with shipping via EMS. So I think Volks is absorbing the additional cost as @cfx stated, because when I ordered items via Noppin with DHL shipping, the shipping cost was easily 3-4 times what Volks charged me (around $60+ for dog clothes alone, and $80+ for a SDM doll with default box).

According to the lastest version of that document on the Japan Post website as well as a chart on CDJapan (that I find easier to read), EMS and airmail to Singapore have been restored, though I don't know when it happened.

So I will be interested in whether you get your order via DHL or EMS. Volks' notes to me sounded like they would use EMS still when they can, which I'd expect given the cost difference. I hope they do, because that could mean a return to EMS for the US sooner than if they wait until it is restored everywhere.

bbotss

@cfx I'll keep you posted on that. EMS and registered mail to Singapore have not been stopped at all actually. It's just the lack of flights that has been causing huge delays, even for EMS. I've had EMS packages from Japan and Korea that took at least 3 weeks to leave the country, and most of my orders shipped via registered mail have been cancelled or refunded after they got stuck at the post office for weeks and eventually got returned. Latest EMS package I received was last Wed, which was shipped from Korea in the 2nd week of May. It finally left Korea on Mon night and I received it on Wed.

I'm hoping Volks chooses to use DHL, because air travel to Singapore is still heavily restricted right now, and I don't think there have been any changes announced, other than a "fast lane" for travel to and from China.

• Thanks 1

BeyondTime
45 minutes ago, bbotss said:

It's just the lack of flights that has been causing huge delays, even for EMS. I've had EMS packages from Japan and Korea that took at least 3 weeks to leave the country, and most of my orders shipped via registered mail have been cancelled or refunded after they got stuck at the post office for weeks and eventually got returned.

I think that's true for Japan to US as well, but I suspect that the volume of mail may be higher, and Volks often ships from a location that acts as the international mail hub for all of southern Japan. I've had a package stuck in the post office in Kyoto since March 8th with no movement.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

The difference between Singapore and the US is that Japan Post is no longer sending packages to the US via anything other than sea mail.

Yours, since it was before the cutoff, either will eventually be put on a plane or returned to Volks. What was happening was the SAL stuff got returned, but EMS got shipped like my Chihaya did. That package was sent on 04/08 and got to me on 04/23, so it's sort of weird that yours is still waiting from that long ago. Probably different post offices in Japan though.

BeyondTime
11 minutes ago, cfx said:

The difference between Singapore and the US is that Japan Post is no longer sending packages to the US via anything other than sea mail.

I was under the impression that EMS was moving, but very slowly because no flights. As a result they are refusing to take more EMS packages.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

But they're still taking them in Japan for certain countries; Canada, Mexico, Singapore, a number of others; just not the US and a bunch of others too.

(Source: that PDF file that keeps getting updated on the Japan Post website)

Edited by cfx

bbotss
3 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I was under the impression that EMS was moving, but very slowly because no flights. As a result they are refusing to take more EMS packages.

Yes, and they're probably returning non-EMS packages because priority goes to EMS packages when there are available flights.

I've been in touch with my post office a lot recently and that's the situation worldwide.

A rough guide of stuff I have shipped via EMS and registered mail:

1) EMS and registered mail to Europe: 2.5 months wait at post office before dispatch. I was told there were zero flights from March till yesterday, which was when both EMS and registered parcels were finally dispatched.

2) Registered to Russia: 3 week wait at post office, arrived in Russia and delivered 1 week after dispatch.

3) EMS to Thailand: 4 day wait at post office, arrived in Thailand and delivered 2 days after dispatch.

4) Registered to Thailand: 4 day wait at post office, arrived in Thailand 5 days after dispatch but only delivered after 2 weeks.

5) Registered to US: immediate dispatch, arrived in US within 2 weeks, but only delivered after another 2-3 weeks.

BeyondTime

It took 2 months, but my package from Volks Japan finally got on a flight.  

bbotss

@cfx My Sailor Jupiter orders just got shipped out today, via EMS. So I think you're right, Volks will use EMS when they can to save on shipping costs.

• Thanks 1

Zaliayn

Hey all, just wanted to ask anyone who has bought from Volks Int. since the end of June and have had their package shipped; how long did it take for Volks to ship your order?

I only ask as I placed & paid for an order on 5th July and haven't heard anything since; my order status is still Preparing for Shipment. I know they're super busy right now which is understandable so I don't want to bug them with emails. I'm not annoyed or anything, I'm just paranoid I've been forgotten about lol Plus 2 of the items I ordered have since gone out of stock so that worries me a bit.

BeyondTime
19 minutes ago, Zaliayn said:

Hey all, just wanted to ask anyone who has bought from Volks Int. since the end of June and have had their package shipped; how long did it take for Volks to ship your order?

For event items I would say 7 - 10 days for shipping is pretty normal.

• Thanks 1

Celis814
1 hour ago, Zaliayn said:

The big things don't seem to be shipping quickly from Volks Japan or USA. Here are my orders.  I'm in Connecticut, USA.

Volks Japan: 

July 11, Sakura Amamiya, Under Arrangement Preparing for Shipment 

July 11, DD body stocking, shipped via DHL July 17, received in Connecticut USA July 22!

Volks USA:

June 9, SD17 Williams, has not shipped.

June 12, Volks News 87, received on June 16.

July 17, Icon Serra, has not shipped.

July 17, Icon hands, shipped July 20, not received. 

Edited by Celis814
  • Thanks 1

monkeypizzasonic

I think the Icons aren't supposed to ship out until the beginning of August.

• Thanks 2

Zaliayn

Okay thanks guys. I should have mentioned that my order had 2 of the DWC heads in it (I have the Global Membership thing) plus an extra DD part and stand part. No full dolls or bodies.

I think I'm going to leave it until the end of the month until I ask them about it, and just wait and see in the meantime. It doesn't have anything I urgently need in it anyway :)

• Like 1

April

I made an order on 22 June and it didn't ship out till 2nd July. It was shipped EMS and didn't get to me in the UK till 18th July. Longest wait I've had for anything for a while. I've been using DHL with Mandarake and it's so much quicker. 

Noxxbunny

I had similar wait time. Took them about a little over a week. I was also worried lol, but they got it out eventually. Mine was still sent with DHL though, so it did arrive really quickly.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Zaliayn

Haha the powers that be must have heard me, because I got my shipping notice from Volks this morning! 🤣 It's coming via EMS so it'll probably be a little while until it gets to the UK, but at least it's moving! 😃