Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

sunlightandtea

Close Calls

sunlightandtea

spacer.png

"No talk to me! I'm angy!"

Accidentally spilled a little bit of coffee on this doll this afternoon. Luckily I was able to yank her out of the way before it soaked too deep, but the thigh highs she was wearing did get some coffee stains on them. Small deal, I can make new ones luckily. Don't drink and type at the same time. 😨

Have you guys ever had any close calls like that? Tell me about them.

• Like 2

Pit

Yep. One mini heart attack I had when I carried one of my ladies to the bathroom so I can wash my hands just in case, to change her outfit. I put her against a wall, thinking it would be enough support for her but when I was taking the towel, she almost falls down. Since that day, all of them refuses to visit the bathroom. 

Edited by Pit
  • Like 2

sunlightandtea
52 minutes ago, Pit said:

Yep. One mini heart attack I had when I carried one of my ladies to the bathroom so I can wash my hands just in case, to change her outfit. I put her against a wall, thinking it would be enough support for her but when I was taking the towel, she almost falls down. Since that day, all of them refuses to visit the bathroom. 

Oh my! That is a close call! I'm glad she's alright. 😨 That's another thing I love about vinyl, so durable.

charlieriley

I have a cat who was in lurve with my Miki (DD Aoi). He rubbed and licked her face (ACK!), played with her hair, slept on top of her, and once, overnight, dragged her upstairs by her shoelaces. I was so loudly upset at that that he hasn't touched her since. She's all cleaned up and out of his reach now. He's transferred his obsessive affections to an old dog toy. Much, much safer. 

Edited by charlieriley
typos
  • Like 1

sunlightandtea
11 hours ago, charlieriley said:

I have a cat who was in lurve with my Miki (DD Aoi). He rubbed and licked her face (ACK!), played with her hair, slept on top of her, and once, overnight, dragged her upstairs by her shoelaces. I was so loudly upset at that that he hasn't touched her since. She's all cleaned up and out of his reach now. He's transferred his obsessive affections to an old dog toy. Much, much safer. 

Oh no! Forgive me for laughing a little, I can't believe a cat would lick a doll! (Then again... my cat would probably lick a doll if given the chance). I'm glad he's found a new luurrvveee to give his affection to. 💕

deinosor

My cat likes to bite doll feet. 😣

• Like 2

Pronouns: she/her

charlieriley
2 hours ago, deinosor said:

My cat likes to bite doll feet. 😣

NOOO! Naughty kitty! Stoppit!

4 hours ago, sunlightandtea said:

Oh no! Forgive me for laughing a little, I can't believe a cat would lick a doll! (Then again... my cat would probably lick a doll if given the chance). I'm glad he's found a new luurrvveee to give his affection to. 💕

He's just  a weird cat, in many ways. I 'll save you some of his....well. He's a perv! 😸

• Haha 2

sunlightandtea

I suddenly feel like I have a very, very good kitty. 😆 I'm sorry you guys have had such a hard time with your kitties and your dolls!

• Like 2

watercolorpastels

Omg she's an angry little kitty cat meme. No talk her she angy!!

• Like 1

Sebby

I haven't had any spills on my dolls but whenever I dress them I take off the heads... And my cat loves wigs. And he loves putting stuff in his water bowl. So when he tries to steal the wig, he just ends up dragging the whole head through the house and once nearly put it in the water bowl.

• Haha 2

sunlightandtea
7 hours ago, WorldofBJD said:

I haven't had any spills on my dolls but whenever I dress them I take off the heads... And my cat loves wigs. And he loves putting stuff in his water bowl. So when he tries to steal the wig, he just ends up dragging the whole head through the house and once nearly put it in the water bowl.

Oh my goodness! 😆 Pardon me for laughing! I wonder what it is about doll heads that cats are so fond of?

moerunamida

Not so much a close call but perhaps a giggle for everyone. I had Pullips before I had 1/3 dolls. I had this cyan mohair wig and one day it went missing. Hunted for it everywhere! Had no clue how it could disappear. A few weeks later, one of my cats struts up to me with the wig in its mouth proud of her 'kill' and drops it at my feet. Glad she at least returned the wig 😛

• Haha 2

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

NeeP
12 hours ago, sunlightandtea said:

Oh my goodness! 😆 Pardon me for laughing! I wonder what it is about doll heads that cats are so fond of?

I think there is a smell to the hair fiber that is kinda Additive, like cat-nip.  My cat, Sam, has an MLP she loves dragging around the house and rubbing her head against.

My close call came to when I trying to assemble a Boss-Level frame.  I was working on getting the ankle joint together, pressing it together and one of the pieces went flying.  It took days before I could find it.

• Like 2

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

Sebby
On 6/16/2020 at 4:48 PM, sunlightandtea said:

My cats seem to be attracted to the vinyl and to floofy wiga. But as soon as they get near them they seem to have this urge to chew on the hands. I dunno what it is but there really seems to be something (smell maybe) that draws their attention.

Plus my cats are just little sh*ts that like to go on destroying sprees through the house.

MagicantAce

I was taking photos of my girl and thought she was securely balanced. NOPE! She tipped forward and faceplanted into the stone path. She's a Cortex so I was really worried about chipping (ESPECIALLY because she's a final boss grade and i didn't wanna waste all that work) but thankfully, she just has a small scratch on her nose that's hardly noticeable unless you're outside or in bright light. I'm so glad nothing worse happened to her!!

Hologram

The stories about cats stealing wigs/trying to steal dolls are hilarious 🤣 Personally I only had the classic issue of my doll falling down after I thought I'd secured her enough on her stand. Fortunately, nothing broke!

• Like 1

Starwaia

Third slide of this. Luckily she was fine, she has a very tiny grass or dirt stain on her shirt now but it isn't noticeable in photos or even up close at this point since I got most of it off. Scary though. (Note/warning for those viewing: I say a swear word when she falls. Who wouldn't?)

Edited by Starwaia
fixed spelling error
  • Like 1

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 4 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!