Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Panda_Dolliess

DDS x SmD Hybrid: Trial #1

Panda_Dolliess

Hello everyone! So, I came across this post on twitter and I realized that I needed a DDxSmD hybrid of my own!! Luckily, 2nd hand SmD shells are being sold in random packs called Chaos Bundles. I was able to acquire a SmD torso in Milk which is a super close match to DD Flesh/Normal skin. Unfortunately, I only have one doll and she's a DDS. I do not know if there is a different in the DDS/DD frames aside from the legs being shorter tho. If there is, please let me know!

The pictures were saved from my instagram story, so some have text in them.

01.jpg.f49c449d5383bbfb7a30567a5ba65efc.jpg

Stephani normally has DD L bust so yea...i prefer her with a fuller bust

The Hybrid body is for her older sister anyways...XD

02.jpg.a415ee0a3a216eb31531c1171e11792a.jpg 03.jpg.68f5bfa4ea8828c88ee67c4b1787f380.jpg 

04.jpg.c730a445f705ce31b95f36cbeaabf6f8.jpg 05.jpg.95e5dea68ff6166e63f87f7a85d2e706.jpg

So at first glance, the body looks really good! The upper body part looks amazing, but the main issue is the lower body which you will see next....

06.jpg.eb9e6e8d2f29a70a65563746cc4046b3.jpg 07.jpg.4f9903f21465c633369c432eb4627456.jpg 08.jpg.973d94240f3181083dbcab1b312c4fad.jpg

As you can see, the poor DDS thighs are too thin to fill the super large leg openings on the SmD torso. This issue can be hidden with skirts and other loose fitting bottoms. The example that I first saw used DDdy thighs which are about 2cm thicker according to measurements I've seen. I feel confident that the gaps will be less with the thicker thighs as that is my final goal. 

09.jpg.a9333ce586207cc6b857928f7505811d.jpg 10.jpg.a248380cc998ff72665b0d85bb32295c.jpg

The vinyl color looks way off between the Uni Torso and the SmD torso. The Uni Torso is a lot paler than the DD M bust that I have and Stephani's face. But that's probably because Stephani's limbs are 2 years old I think and I bought the Uni Torso. The DDH 09 head I have is also noticeable paler than the SmD parts, but I think it will be way less noticeable with a face up. 

Overall, I am super satisfied with the results!! I'll definitely post more pictures when I get the body parts that I need! 😄

• Like 5

Silent

Edited by AmaFromEU

Panda_Dolliess
5 hours ago, AmaFromEU said:

Sugoi. When I first looked I did not realized from foto it is hybrid. Then I found taht parting of torso is different.Also, what do you plan to do with the hole from smart socket? :)

I'm probably not going to do anything about it. If my character had a tail or something, it would be perfect but shes just a regular human 😂

Silent

Edited by AmaFromEU

Panda_Dolliess
3 hours ago, AmaFromEU said:

Hmm and what about lore? How did she got that hole? @onion35@

well Smardolls normally have a port where the hole is for the telescopic stand. If anything, I will try to figure out a way to use the telescopic stand with this hybrid body. 

Silent

Edited by AmaFromEU

sunlightandtea

I was really curious to see what would come of those chaos bags, this looks great. I couldn't tell she was a hybrid at all! Question though: does the looser leg openings help with posing, as in, can the leg be bent up further?

Panda_Dolliess
On 5/6/2020 at 3:36 PM, sunlightandtea said:

I was really curious to see what would come of those chaos bags, this looks great. I couldn't tell she was a hybrid at all! Question though: does the looser leg openings help with posing, as in, can the leg be bent up further?

I guess I should have taken pictures for that, but yes they could be bent forwards and backwards further since there was no vinyl in the way. Also, due to how the SmD torso is constructed, I could bend the spine much further backwards and forwards as well. The mobility would probably be amazing with an F3 frame! 

Edited by MaKayla_Panda
Spelling Error
  • Like 2

Mame

Holy heck this is amazing! With this you could have the ability to make a shorter SmD

• Like 1

Panda_Dolliess
11 minutes ago, Mame said:

Holy heck this is amazing! With this you could have the ability to make a shorter SmD

Yeah if you don't mind the gaps in the leg holes! I think a work around would be to get DDdy thighs with DDS shins. 🤔

• Like 1