Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Galvatim

Bodyless Milk SmD

Galvatim

Milk skin SmD heads will be sold without bodies, provided you're a preexisting customer.  It's 39,800 yen for just the head, eyes and wig.  Sounds like bodies may be sold later.

Sounds like Cortex is done, too.  

Eiko82

Might be just me but isn't that a bit expensive for a head? 

I'm not surprised about Cortex. I already had the impression that it wasn't doing so well. Most people still chose vinyl over cortex for various reasons. 

• Like 4

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Galvatim

About $370?  Yeah, far too much for a head, even with the wig, eyes and face-up.  Even around $200 would be pushing it.  

I'm sure they'll all sell out, anyway.

sunlightandtea

Is this post trying to say that cortex is being discontinued?

Drizz

Ridiculous pricing!  They just removed the bodies which were previously listed at 42k yen, probably so people dont realize how bad of a deal it is but its pretty obvious

• Like 3

My doll clothes & accessories shop - http://www.dolldelights.com

monkeypizzasonic

It sounds like pre-assembled cortex will be discontinued, so presumably the kits will still be around.

• Like 1

BottleStar

😑Uggg, it's such a shame you have to be a preexisting customer.

Rella

I understand the concept but it's way too expensive! The head is 510CAD. I feel like I can get the whole doll cheaper (or around the same price) on different sites.

bigpalebluejuice

oh wow that price is.... interesting. I really don't understand why they are discontinuing Milk rather than Cinnamon. Don't get me wrong, I think cinnamon is gorgeous, but at least from my experience milk seems to be far more popular. And if it's really true that they can only keep one or the other, why would they go with the less popular option?

Galvatim

Milk just so happens to match DD normal/flesh.  Danny has held a grudge against Volks after they refused to make a DD Mirai (his mascot character). It only got worse after Volks snagged the Nier Automata license, which Danny was after, too.  So, of course he would drop the Milk skin dolls.  Can't have people hybridized his dolls with Volks.  

• Like 9

Selenae
30 minutes ago, Galvatim said:

Milk just so happens to match DD normal/flesh.  Danny has held a grudge against Volks after they refused to make a DD Mirai (his mascot character). It only got worse after Volks snagged the Nier Automata license, which Danny was after, too.  So, of course he would drop the Milk skin dolls.  Can't have people hybridized his dolls with Volks.  

Absolutely - I couldn't agree more. He's doing this out of sheer pettiness and disguising it as a 'lack of sales', which I find very immature, to be blunt. Milk is perfectly fine as-is, and I think it's a lovely tone.

Edited by Selenae
  • Like 5

Galvatim
Just now, Selenae said:

Absolutely. He's doing this out of sheer pettiness and disguising it as a 'lack of sales', which I find very immature, to be blunt. Milk is perfectly fine as-is, and I think it's a lovely tone.

I do believe him when he says he needs to cut production, though.  I'm sure the factories are at capacity, especially if they can produce anything relating to PPE right now.  His choice of cutting Milk is based on his petty dispute with Volks.  

Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of my SmD purchases, and I have issues with Volks (like how they dropped white skin.  I could use some WS DDIII parts right now.)

Silent

Edited by AmaFromEU

kranberrijam
1 hour ago, Galvatim said:

I think we know who we can blame for this.... (luff ya @baldylox)

• Haha 1

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

moerunamida

I'm surprised that cortex is being discontinued, because I thought that Danny hoped it would eventually replace vinyl. I did see a lot of people in the SDLG on FB where they had issues with the arm coming apart but still. Yikes though, that is super pricey for just a head 😮

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

BeyondTime

If Cortex isn't doing well it makes a lot of sense to cut the losses and move on from there.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

bbotss

I wonder if cortex will just be for licensed characters. Then again, if he can't resolve the weakness in the arms it would make more sense to switch back to vinyl.

Silent

Edited by AmaFromEU

Katsudon

I hope cortex kits for self assembly will still be around. I was kinda curious about them, and would like to try putting one together. I don't mind seam lines though.

• Like 2

moerunamida
4 hours ago, AmaFromEU said:

I was thinking that only assembled verisons of cortex are being canceled as porduct line. Or do you think he is going to cancel it totally? He wrote something about sunk costs and time of development. Maybe it will quite in future after it the investment returns? On the other hand the assembling is bit difficult what I have seen viedos and even the instructions. They are simple to understand and see but hard to do.

I'm honestly not sure, and I wish I could give you an answer. I would lean more towards cortex being a flop and him not investing anymore time/money into it. I know he went on for months about how great cortex would be and it would revolutionize the future of his dolls, but I don't think he expected them to do so poorly. He might very well delve deeper into cortex to fix issues/tweak them, but he mentioned the pocket dolls years ago and we never saw them. Sorta same with the Mirai plus. I know of a couple people who have them, but they aren't and haven't been available on his website (that I know of). I would have loved it if he did vinyl kits you could put together like he had in his shop a couple years ago.

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Silent

Edited by AmaFromEU

monkeypizzasonic

I think he's trying to explain why the heads are so expensive...

I mean. seeing the process is cool and all but A. nobody but very entitled parents who think of these as oversized barbie dolls would expect the heads to be only $10 and B. there are a ton of customizers out there who would buy random defected heads you could totally sell those if you wanted to.

• Like 1

kalisha

Not 10 but 130$ its a normal price for a simple head for a standar doll, 300$ for a standar doll its tooo much its this price for limited volks and i only bought the 200-250 range price.

• Like 1

Galvatim

I've bought prepainted DD heads direct from Volks for about $100.  It used to be a yearly thing, for Volks to sell prepainted editions of their blank heads, usually through a Volks News order form.  Even with the wig and eyes, Danny is asking too much, in my opinion.  Maybe Volks has been subsidizing their heads with the body prices this whole time, but we don't have any evidence of that.  

The way he uses the word "sheep" is confusing.  Is it his take on Smurf?  He's going to walk his sheep?  I know what he meant with sheep at first, but in this case, it sounds like he's getting his blind followers to buy his stuff.  Maybe I'm reading too much into this.  

• Like 3

RainbowNanaki
55 minutes ago, Galvatim said:

The way he uses the word "sheep" is confusing.  Is it his take on Smurf?  He's going to walk his sheep?  I know what he meant with sheep at first, but in this case, it sounds like he's getting his blind followers to buy his stuff.  Maybe I'm reading too much into this.  

It's his (weird imo) take on making "give no shits" family friendly. He went on a huge Instagram rant on how people should only give "sheeps"/shits about important things and to never care about what anyone else has to say.

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin