Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

bbotss

Headcaps for capless chaos heads

bbotss

Does anyone know where it might be possible to get replacement headcaps as most of the chaos heads come without? A suggestion on fb mentioned stuffing tissue into the head and taping it in place to keep the head shape for the wig, and I'll probably do that if I can't find a headcap. I just can't get it out of my head that the tissue = the brain 😬 so... would appreciate sources for replacement headcaps or even ideas/suggestions. It'll be hidden by the wig anyway so whatever works would be fine. Thanks in advance! 😄

NeeP

I have a couple of those Chaos heads myself.  I was thinking of sculpting a headcap out of paperclay or probably foam clay and keeping it in place with some DD prevention tape. 

• Like 1

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

Lurks

So there's good news for those who bought Chaos bundle heads: They're now selling headcaps separate as well. Of course, you still have to be an existing Smart Doll customer already to buy it. And also it only comes in orange for some reason? But the headcaps are usually covered by wigs so I guess it doesn't matter too much...

samseramsamsam

Let's zombify this - in a pinch, the Obitsu50-01 cap works nicely, as the wig will cover it anyway. 

50-03 does fit, too, but makes a much higher dome. 

IMG_20210815_174644.jpg

samseramsamsam
8 minutes ago, Mizuumi-no-Otome said:

There's a really nice silicone head cap on Etsy!  

I saw, and I drooled, but with shipping it was simply too expensive ;_;

Katsudon

Someone on Facebook posted a printable 3D file for headcaps, but of course I'm not gonna post it without permission. I think it was in the Smart Doll Friends group..? Worth a peek if you have access to a 3D printer (or a maker space with a 3D printer).

It's cool to know that obitsu ones fit! I have almost been tempted to try making resin ones, even though home casting is a pain.

• Like 1

Mizuumi-no-Otome
6 hours ago, samseramsamsam said:

I saw, and I drooled, but with shipping it was simply too expensive ;_;

Oh yikes! I didn't see that lol 

• Like 1