Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
moerunamida

DD vs. DDdy Head Size Difference?

moerunamida

This is probably a silly question, but are DDdy's head bigger? I recently got Towa last month and just tried a wig on her that fits on my Sailor Moon DDS, and that wig would just not fit. I mean, I could get it on her head, but it barely fit and would fall off at a moments notice. They look the same visually to me but Towa just seems to have a bigger noggin, or am I just imagining it? I'm only asking because I want to eventually get her a different wig, and the wig I tried on her was a Leekeworld 8-9". I have a couple Pullips and their wig is a 9-10" and I know those would be too big.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

lucidium

I'm a noob to Dollfie Dreams, but from what I've gathered DD head sizes are not uniform, ex. DDH-07 is a bigger head than DDH-06. So I'm not surprised it would vary... my bet is that it comes down to the sculpt rather than what body the head is on. 

Also Leekeworld's sizing is really inconsistent. 

Edited by lucidium

moerunamida
3 minutes ago, lucidium said:

I'm a noob to Dollfie Dreams, but from what I've gathered DD head sizes are not uniform, ex. DDH-07 is a bigger head than DDH-06. So I'm not surprised it would vary... my bet is that it comes down to the sculpt rather than what body the head is on. 

Also Leekeworld's sizing is really inconsistent. 

Appreciate the info, I am new to them too and didn't know that (honestly don't know if I will ever learn the sculpts as I don't even know what sculpt Towa or Sailor Moon are). I didn't know that about the Leekeworld wigs unfortunately. Wig fits on my Smart Doll fine, a little snug on the DDS, and no way on DDdy.

RainbowNanaki

Yup, head size is by individual sculpt as opposed to doll size. It can be really helpful to get a soft measuring tape used for sewing so that you can measure each sculpt for its correct wig size.

• Like 2

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

moerunamida
7 minutes ago, RainbowNanaki said:

Yup, head size is by individual sculpt as opposed to doll size. It can be really helpful to get a soft measuring tape used for sewing so that you can measure each sculpt for its correct wig size.

Oof, I can't believe I didn't think of that. I have a sewing kit, but my husband uses it more than I do. Will have to size her head. Thank you!

• Like 1

Jezrah
5 hours ago, Deyja said:

(honestly don't know if I will ever learn the sculpts as I don't even know what sculpt Towa or Sailor Moon are).

Towa and Sailor Moon are both their own unique sculpts. Unique sculpts are generally referred to just as the character that they started as, ie Towa is the Towa sculpt. 😉

• Thanks 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

moerunamida
2 hours ago, Jezrah said:

Towa and Sailor Moon are both their own unique sculpts. Unique sculpts are generally referred to just as the character that they started as, ie Towa is the Towa sculpt. 😉

Thank you, @Jezrah! Good to know <3

RainbowNanaki
5 hours ago, Deyja said:

Oof, I can't believe I didn't think of that. I have a sewing kit, but my husband uses it more than I do. Will have to size her head. Thank you!

I'm glad I could be of help!! It definitely helps figuring wigs, at least a little bit. The other side is becoming familiar with the sizing quirks of different companies. For example, a Mandarake size L wig fits an 07, a size M fits my Akihabara Girls Akira and my Smart Doll Mirai (though Mirai needs a silicone cap for grip), and a size MS fits my Smart Doll Eiji. However, looking at measurements, most seem like they would need the next size up.

• Thanks 1

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin