The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

NanoNaanoi

Is this possible? DDS-f3 S Bust, DD-f3 Waist, DDdy-f3 Legs?

NanoNaanoi

Hello everyone! I've been browsing the forums for these answers, but I haven't really seen anything about DDdy thighs. I would like to purchase the parts for a more customized Dollfie Dream, but I'm reluctant to spend the money unless I'm absolutely sure it can be done.

Essentially, I would like to create a figure similar to this:

spacer.png

A while ago, I created a character whose body was actually based on the girl from this model kit, only with thicker thighs and slightly longer legs.

Based on what I've gathered, the DDS busts have a smaller shoulder width than the DD, and from what I can tell that bust should be compatible with the DD waist.

Looking at all of the Dollfie Dream bodies, I can definitively say that the DDdy has my favorite legs, but from what I've seen on the forums, those thighs may not fit a DD waist. I wasn't sure if the f3 parts could fit together more easily than the non-f3 parts; if it isn't possible to fit them normally, are there ways to modify the thighs so they can fit into the hip sockets?

I'm sorry about how clueless I am. This will be the first Dollfie I've ever owned, so I'm not experienced with how these parts will all fit together.

Edited by NanoNaanoi

Tira

This doesn't directly answer your question, but have you looked into Angel Philia dolls at all?  They have wider hips and thicker thighs, but they use the 50cm Obitsu body as a base, and all their options parts should be compatible with it.  You can also use DD heads with the 50cm Obitsu.

NanoNaanoi

Actually, I had looked into the Angel Philia dolls. While I do like the build and the body blushing, I prefer the way the knees and elbows look on the DD limbs (that price is also pretty painful).

Another reason I had settled on a DDS body is because I was actually hoping to purchase a custom dress commission; unfortunately, the seller I was looking at doesn't work with Obitsu, and the dress is pretty form-fitting up top.

P. S. - I like your Futaba doll. She was my favorite love interest in P5. :)

• Like 1

HazelMaze

If I understood what your looking to do correctly- you'd like to get a DDS bust, with a DD lower waist- and DdDy lower thighs?

I can attest that the thighs would certainly not manage on a DDS body (I did a cursory check between my DDS and DdDy on hand)

However, this particular blog post may be of interest (NSFW due to dolly Nudity)

https://archangeli.net/2012/09/15/assembling-a-dollfie-dream-dynamite-3-dddy3-body-nsfw/

It does not reference specifically the F3 body, but is excellent in reference to the vinyl shape difference between DD and DdDy

*Edit: I unfortunately do not have a DD at this time, or else I would see how the parts would fit for you/manage in the sockets.From what I can tell, this may be a no-go

If you'd be ok with a smaller scale version of your doll, the new MDD Mochi-Ashi body may better suit your needs, as you could get an alternate bust for her. 

Edited by HazelMaze

Dollvari

Here is an example DDS/DDS-F3 m bust on a DD3 waist with DDdy legs. Imo this is not a practical combo for the following reasons:

1. The DDS bust on a DD torso will sit up higher; it fits but affects the movement of the torso

2. The DDdy style waist is wider than a DD waist, so the DDdy thighs on a DD waist stick out & don't move well. The only adjustment you could really make is trimming the vinyl on the waist thigh holes. Only issue I see with this is the doll may not stand up straight. The doll may fall forward because the waist and thigh don’t have a snug fit.

This 2nd example is DDS-F3 waist with DD-F3 legs; this is kind of looks close to what you are going for. The fitment is almost perfect. The height difference between DD & DDS comes from the limbs. If you use DD legs on the DDS you can gain some height, and the thighs will add some width.

DDS_DD_DDdy combo.jpg

DDSf3_DDf3.jpg

NanoNaanoi

Oh, wow! I didn't realize how badly the DDdy thighs fit with that body. Thank you for taking those pictures; those are exactly what I was hoping to see!

I'll definitely be going with the DDS-f3 waist + DD-f3 legs. I kind of hope they'll make a one-piece torso for the f3 series, though. The S Bust looks awesome for the DDS series, but it isn't compatible with the f3 frame. :(

NanoNaanoi

Also, one more thing: are the DDS arms the same length as the DD arms? They look like the exact same, but I just wanted to be sure.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found the measurements for the arms here.

Edited by NanoNaanoi

Dollvari
On 7/13/2020 at 11:56 AM, NanoNaanoi said:

Oh, wow! I didn't realize how badly the DDdy thighs fit with that body. Thank you for taking those pictures; those are exactly what I was hoping to see!

I'll definitely be going with the DDS-f3 waist + DD-f3 legs. I kind of hope they'll make a one-piece torso for the f3 series, though. The S Bust looks awesome for the DDS series, but it isn't compatible with the f3 frame. :(

Your welcome🙂 I'm waiting on some parts from Volks USA, and can test this combo. Will post pics and results when I get them.

Dollvari
On 7/13/2020 at 4:07 PM, NanoNaanoi said:

Also, one more thing: are the DDS arms the same length as the DD arms? They look like the exact same, but I just wanted to be sure.

Yeah the DDS arms are shorter. This get's me all the time. I buy used parts all the time to complete bodies, and it can be hard to tell them apart. Makes me laugh when they are mislabeled@onion36@

Mixing the thighs, shins and feet look funny and don't fit well. The arms work well. If I remember correctly DD arms stick a bit at the top of the shoulder on DDS, ever so slightly.

Ayuuya

Alternatively— you could always put a S or M bust on a DDy torso. If you don’t mod it, the torso will sit higher and make her taller. If you mod the bust by cutting the vinyl under the breasts to match more closely to how DDy busts look, her height will not be altered.

Or if you are aiming for a more loli character, the mochiashi bodies might work... but those bodies will be harder to get for awhile;;;

NanoNaanoi

I read on another forum that buying the individual parts, like I'm planning to, has the risk of parts being differently colored due to the vinyl not always having the same amount of dye. Is this a noticeable problem with the semi-white parts? They said it's safer to buy the entire body, and then optional parts as needed; the problem with this is that it's more expensive for me to buy a DD body and two DDS torso parts, as opposed to buying each component individually.

NanoNaanoi
15 hours ago, Ayuuya said:

Alternatively— you could always put a S or M bust on a DDy torso. If you don’t mod it, the torso will sit higher and make her taller. If you mod the bust by cutting the vinyl under the breasts to match more closely to how DDy busts look, her height will not be altered.

Or if you are aiming for a more loli character, the mochiashi bodies might work... but those bodies will be harder to get for awhile;;;

I'm torn between doing this with a DDS-S Bust (rather than DD because of the slightly more narrow shoulders), or getting the DDS-f3 waist + DD-f3 legs. I love the DDdy thighs and hips sooooo much, but I'm worried that the combination won't look right.

Ayuuya
5 hours ago, NanoNaanoi said:

I'm torn between doing this with a DDS-S Bust (rather than DD because of the slightly more narrow shoulders), or getting the DDS-f3 waist + DD-f3 legs. I love the DDdy thighs and hips sooooo much, but I'm worried that the combination won't look right.

spacer.png

Here's an example of my girls. DDy (the older II body) -> DDIII with a one-piece L Bust -> DD M bust (tbh I can't remember if its a DDS or DD bust) on DDy III lower torso+legs+arms 

The only downside of not trimming the bust is that it makes her overall torso look really long when less dressed, but with clothes on you don't really notice it at all and it just makes her taller. 

NanoNaanoi
12 hours ago, Ayuuya said:

Here's an example of my girls. DDy (the older II body) -> DDIII with a one-piece L Bust -> DD M bust (tbh I can't remember if its a DDS or DD bust) on DDy III lower torso+legs+arms 

It looks like the DDdyIII lower torso has a slightly smaller waistline than the DDdy(f-3). This is the exact look I was going for. = )

Dollvari
20 hours ago, NanoNaanoi said:

I read on another forum that buying the individual parts, like I'm planning to, has the risk of parts being differently colored due to the vinyl not always having the same amount of dye. Is this a noticeable problem with the semi-white parts? They said it's safer to buy the entire body, and then optional parts as needed; the problem with this is that it's more expensive for me to buy a DD body and two DDS torso parts, as opposed to buying each component individually.

The color of the vinyl will vary slightly from batch to batch for all colors. Generally speaking parts from the same generation match well. In my experience any difference is not drastic and depending on lighting you may not notice it. Getting all new parts over a span of time should be fine. Keep in mind when buying new parts; they may not have come from the same batch. Now for matching old/used dolls/parts it can vary. Depends mostly on how they were stored/taken care of. Things like yellowing & staining stand out. Factors like constant exposure to direct sunlight, fluorescent light etc.. can affect the vinyl. Volks has changed the vinyl over time to combat some of this, and has remained consistent with color matching. Some of this makes more sense in good pictures, and seeing it first-hand. In the end I think this will come down to personal preference and opinion@onion37@

NanoNaanoi

Thinking back on my last comment, are the lower bodies of DDdyIII and DDdy(f-3) the same? I've been trying to compare them with photos from other users, and I'm starting to think the sculpt is the exact same. I know for sure that the joints are different, but if anyone has both and can directly confirm this, that would be awesome.

That photo by Ayuuya of the right-most doll pretty much convinced me to get DDdy and just mod a torso.

Edited by NanoNaanoi

Pit
39 minutes ago, NanoNaanoi said:

Thinking back on my last comment, are the lower bodies of DDdyIII and DDdy(f-3) the same? I've been trying to compare them with photos from other users, and I'm starting to think the sculpt is the exact same. I know for sure that the joints are different, but if anyone has both and can directly confirm this, that would be awesome.

I own both of them and I can confirm both have the same sculpt. HOWEVER, for some reason DDdy III lower torso is slightly paler, while DDdy lower torso with f3 is slightly pinkier. It's easier to see this difference with lightning but nothing to worry about. You can even exchange both frames whitout fitting issues, or make a doll combining both "generations" of body parts and yet you will barely notice the difference. At least that's my case.

NanoNaanoi
1 hour ago, Pit said:

I own both of them and I can confirm both have the same sculpt. HOWEVER, for some reason DDdy III lower torso is slightly paler, while DDdy lower torso with f3 is slightly pinkier. It's easier to see this difference with lightning but nothing to worry about. You can even exchange both frames whitout fitting issues, or make a doll combining both "generations" of body parts and yet you will barely notice the difference. At least that's my case.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to getting this doll. She'll be my first, and luckily have all kinds of different grains of sandpaper to mod an S torso with.

Now I just have to wait for the DDH-06 semi-white head to come back in stock...