Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Yumeiro

Yellowing eyes

Yumeiro

Cleaned out my doll drawer, and found a pair of Arietta Project eyes ...that has yellowed quite a bit.

JVx5Ebb.jpg

Is there a fix, or are they done for?

Selenae

Unfortunately, I'd say they're most certainly done for. The yellowing is in the worst spot possible, and the clear domes on the eye lens themselves are warped. There's no fixing warping like that. While I've used the hydrogen peroxide bath method a la toothpaste to rescue yellowed resin BJDs, I'm doubtful as to whether or not it would work on eyes and not damage the eye print itself as I have never tried it that way.

Edited by Selenae

Yumeiro
3 hours ago, Selenae said:

and the clear domes on the eye lens themselves are warped.

Nah, that's the window/blinds reflected 😆

But yeah, figured as much. Well, I don't use them anyway!
(wonder if anyone'll ever needs eyes for a very sickly look...)

• Haha 1

RainbowNanaki

Yeah, as far as I know there isn't anything that can be done about yellowed clear resin. Apparently UV resin yellows less/slower than epoxy resin, but obviously you can't really control what materials someone else uses.

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

Cauldroness

I actually have several animetic eyes that have yellowed quite severely... Some of my APs (but oddly not all, even though they were stored together and are the same age??), but also Hisyo Hisyo and some random pairs from Mandarake. I plan on trying some mad experiments to see if anything makes a difference. I'll report the results...

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Meguchi

Try using Salon Care 40 or if you cant find it use hydrogen peroxide and put eyes in a ziplock bag and put it underneath the sun for a couple of hours. Works for yellowing PVC, Rubber, Vinyl as far as my experimentation goes. If you are going to use the latter, just make sure to check if resin bond to the white plastic part is solid w/o any holes or perforation otherwise the print will get wet and ruined. Good Luck!

31331.png.dfd4a63f40636b8096732abe211870c7.png