Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  

Questions about Recasts

Hi everyone!

I've been interested in Super Dollfie lately and really want one! I would LOVE to get a FCS doll but there's no way I'd pay that much!

Anyway, I've been searching on Ebay, Mandarake etc and found a Super Dollfie looking doll.

Since the price was pretty affordable and it was from China....

... I had my doubts.

So here's the link and anyone can check it out if they want. I really want to know if this is legit or not.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Haazel-LM-Handsome-Smart-Boy-Make-up-Full-Set-Wig-Shoes-Doll-for-BJD-SD-1-3-DHL/392445374890?hash=item5b5f9131aa:g:WNoAAOSwDABdiwLn

Thanks!

KMM

Edited by Guest

Selenae

Oh god, DO NOT buy that doll. It's a recast, which are illegal copies and will get you banned from every reputable doll forum, including here. If you're looking to get into the resin side of the hobby, I highly recommend Den of Angels. It's a vast source of information for everything resin.

Also, quick rule of thumb: Never use Ebay, and always buy straight from the company, or through a trusted dealer. 99% of the time, resin dolls on there are recasts, and recasts are always located in China. In this case, that listing is a stolen Little Monica Hazel.

Here's the real doll: http://www.littlemonica.com/shop/step1.php?number=1599&b_code=B20120404013103

Edited by Selenae
  • Like 3

Oh, Thank You!

I had no clue as I'm not a Resin Doll expert. 

It did seem really cheap and a doll like that would totally be a recast.

HazelMaze

Also popped on to yell "recast!!" 

Now, there are chinese companies who are legitimate, (2D Doll for example) but especially as a new buyer, it's a very good idea to go through a dealer OR a brands website.  Dealer sites are a really good way to see a grand variety with less searching.

A dealer I used for my resin girl is:

http://newclover-singing.com/category.php?id=263

But there are many out there, Alice Collections for example.

Akemi3167

If you are in the US, you can look at Denver Doll Emporium, BJDivas, Fabric Doll and Friends, and Junky Spot. All are authorized dealers and the first three offer layaway (not sure if Junkyspot does). As for getting a legit Volks SD, your best bet would be through Volks themselves, or 2nd hand through Mandarake or Dollyteria (though I don't know if Dollyteria is currently shipping to the US).

• Like 1