Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

engelinvitro

Faceup on a stain treated head

engelinvitro

I’m aware there’s a thread that exists for the same topic, but mine is a little different in that my head’s stains aren't that intense, and I most likely wont need prolonged use of Dream Rescue to treat it.

My DWC-01 suffered a bad accident from me trying to put a wig stopper over his head, so his faceup had to be wiped today 😬. No more Pitatto Rings for the DDs from now on... After cleaning the head, faint yellow marks appeared where his brows used to be. The brown paint I used for the eyes and mouth also left some light stains. While I find the former negligible, I would like a clean slate for the mouth.

Do I really have to wait months for the stain remover to dissipate before I can work on my doll again, even if the stains are minor? 

I’d like to avoid having to buy another head just for the sake of repainting him unless it’s my last resort.

Any help and advice I could get on the matter would be great T_T

Edited by mionnaise
bad grammar due to no sleep brainrot
  • Like 1

OccultBeast

While I don't have experience with sealing over stain-treated areas, the original post linked used something other than Dream Rescue, so I wonder how that differs in the reaction of the vinyl, as I've used Dream Rescue myself and the vinyl shows no reactions like OP listed.  No raised areas, no tackiness, etc.  I wonder if Dream Rescue really is formulated differently to not react negatively with the vinyl.  Still interested to know if Dream Rescue could also have the same effect.  Will it not cause issue if you only leave it on for 1-2 days as per directions?  Definitely following this conversation, and hoping you can fix your boy quick and without a replacement!

Jezrah

I have personally never used Remove-Zit or Dream Rescue for staining, only locally purchased benzoyl peroxide cream, so I don't have experience with this specific situation. After treating with the benzoyl peroxide cream, I have been able to wash the head thoroughly with soap and water, let it dry for a day or two, and then apply sealant and a faceup with no issue. I think the key there was that the benzoyl peroxide cream does not require a remover agent like Remove-Zit, which is why I personally have never used it, though many have said that it works, and it was made by a chemist etc. I'm interested to see if anyone else has experienced an issue while using the Dream Rescue.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

engelinvitro

@OccultBeast I don't mind testing it myself, except I don't have any spare/junk heads to try it on atm. I was hoping there were others who have dealt with this before, especially with Dream Rescue. The stains on my head might not even need a 2 day wait by the looks of it, maybe any kind of chemical residue it would have wouldn't stay on the surface for too long.

And thanks so much! I was super bummed about what happened, but this gives me another chance at painting his face a little better... I guess it's not a complete loss if I look at it that way.

@Jezrah Thank you, that's very reassuring. This is my first time tackling this issue and I've never really dealt with stain removal before (I'm still a greenhorn in the vinyl side of things haha), add to the fact that it's on a head I need to paint... I hope it goes well, preferably without having to wait forever.

• Like 1

engelinvitro

I’ve been so busy I forgot to update this thread T-T

After what seemed like a week of treatment, I got most of the stains off my doll. I washed the head with unscented dish soap and left it alone for three days before spraying it with sealant.

I checked how the head was doing a day after and the brow area dried a little bit shiny, maybe close to a satin finish. Everything else looked matte though. I haven’t attempted to paint the head yet so there could be a chance those spots can be sprayed over with no issue.

OccultBeast

For science, which sealant were you using?  Hoping that you're able to proceed without issues, though!

engelinvitro

@OccultBeast ZM Powder Finish spray and Vallejo Premium Varnish! I use the latter for layering pastels though, so I'll have to see how that reacts to the head too.

• Like 1