Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Rumi

Your favourite wig shops?

Rumi

Like the title suggests, whats your favourite and go to wig shop when it comes to buying wigs for your dolls? :) Reasons can be because of the quick delivery, quality or craftsmanship!~

Manaphyyy

I really like Luts (resin bjd company) wigs because they have a great variety of sizes and colors. Shipping can be a bit pricey though, so it's definitely best to save up and buy a bunch of stuff you want at once instead of one thing at a time.

engelinvitro

Crobidoll's long wigs are nice, their fibers are the softest I've handled. Msiredoll is great for short wigs, though their color selection can be lacking.  Leekeworld is a hit-or-miss for me. My Goldenrod wigs look really nice in various lighting, other colors not so much. I also have a few wigs from Himekazura, Mandarake's in-house brand, and they're pretty good too. I know these are all over the place, but if you asked me to stick to one brand it would probably be Crobidoll.

moerunamida

I've only had experience with Leekeworld and Culture Japan. Leekeworld wigs can either be great or meh. Some of them end up thinner than you'd like and their sizing can be a bit off. Culture Japan (Smart Doll) has amazing wigs, but I cannot recommend the company due to business practices. You typically cannot buy them anymore from the company and have to seek them out secondhand, and they can be upwards of $75usd used. I haven't purchased from them yet, but I've heard wonderful things about CotinDoll. Their wigs are very similar in quality to Culture Japan and about half the price.

Edited by Deyja

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

OccultBeast
2 minutes ago, engelinvitro said:

Crobidoll's long wigs are nice, their fibers are the softest I've handled.

Second vote for Crobidoll wigs, they really are some of the nicest ones I've ever owned.

monkeypizzasonic

I tend towards Leekeworld...but that's mostly because there's a huge selection of them at Denverdoll so it's easier and cheaper for me to get a hold of.😅

Jezrah

Crobidoll and For My Doll are the first places I check, though I will also shop around just about everywhere else if I can't find what I want right away.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

myownlittleworld

I am still a Leekeworld fan. I live the color combinations they make and that they are heat resistant fibers 

AwkwardMango

I like nine9styles wigs, they are nice quality and have a reasonably good selection.

RainbowNanaki

I really like Mandarake's Himekazura wigs, especially since I can purchase other hobby thing like video game soundtracks in the same order. It's significantly easier for me to justify shipping if I'm buying more than just one wig.

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

Riesz

I've only ever had good experiences with Leeke, but I also tend to order the same few styles (long wavy hime cut).  All of their pastel colours are gorgeous - I'm especially fond of mint, peach, pale pink, lilac, and white from Leeke.

Edit!  I forgot to mention that I own a few wigs from Angell-Studio and they are all fantastic.  The ones I have are very elaborate styles but the details are amazing and the wig fibres are super soft.  Definitely some of my favourite wigs.

Edited by Riesz

OccultBeast
1 hour ago, Riesz said:

I've only ever had good experiences with Leeke, but I also tend to order the same few styles (long wavy hime cut).  All of their pastel colours are gorgeous - I'm especially fond of mint, peach, pale pink, lilac, and white from Leeke.

This reminded me that Leeke does (or used to do?) limited edition colours from time to time, and some of them are absolutely gorgeous.  I own a 'Fairy' coloured wig from them that's no longer listed but it's the most beautiful ombre teal to blue to purple wig, and even though I don't own an MSD to wear it anymore, I can't bring myself to sell it!

• Like 1

Tira

Monique Gold has fairly nice wigs. The fibers are extremely fine compared to any other synthetic wig, which looks wonderfully in-scale but means that they tend to have a lot of flyaways.

My boyfriend got a Cotindoll wig for his Miku and likes it a lot.  It's a perfect match for her default wig color-wise, but in a much simpler style that's easier to care for.  I'd definitely recommend them.

HazelMaze

I'd like to second Monqiue Gold, they have great texture, style really nicely and are on scale! Though flyaways can be an issue for sure.

I also really like Manadrake's in house brand, I've been always pleasantly surprised by the price to quality ratio.

MUZWIG is another brand I like to track down, I've heard of people going to amazon for them but I use Aliexpress.A lot of different shops carry them on there.

And I will say Penguin workshops wogs are /lovely/

Cauldroness

A little bit of Azone wig spray on a Monique Gold wig will give you a nice smooth look without so many fly-aways. I think Volks also sells a wig spray, but I haven't tried that one.

Personally I love Azone wigs, although they're quite pricey. I also have a ton of Leeke, Monique, Licht, Himekazura and a few other brands.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

moerunamida
23 minutes ago, jadepixel said:

I've reviewed a bunch of wig makers on my blog, and as other folks have mentioned Leeke/Luts/Crobidoll are all really good. I've been testing out some Taobao shops lately and so far MS Doll is my fave there.

Just an FYI, Smart Doll doesn't sell wigs anymore except chaos wigs (to Smart Doll owners). Secondhand wigs can easily run $70-75usd.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

foo

Little Monica!

22467163257_8cdd6a88aa_z.jpg

Wigs by bodolza, on Flickr

30983528752_5a6229d632_z.jpg

Argyle by bodolza, on Flickr

23796108999_d330f6a8c3_z.jpg

Happy 2016! by bodolza, on Flickr

Crobi

45820569901_8f88f9beb7_z.jpg

Iori by bodolza, on Flickr

49762206186_dc6feb6aac_z.jpg

Squee by bodolza, on Flickr

Dollce!

48287774377_d6ae74257d_z.jpg

A wild maid appeared! by bodolza, on Flickr 

40699072633_c73f963526_z.jpg

Password is Pink by bodolza, on Flickr

Cotindoll

50051742361_4c20edf1d4_z.jpg

Quiet Morning by bodolza, on Flickr

50136376632_e3197fe175_z.jpg

Glasses by bodolza, on Flickr

And forU. I only have one wig from them. It's a very high maintenance wig, it has very light/fluffy fibres and a lot of them so I'm constantly brushing, but just look at it,

47887453671_30b034fb37_z.jpg

Hello again, Rin. by bodolza, on Flickr

35748764473_3d246629c2_z.jpg

Rin/Saber by bodolza, on Flickr

Bonus Crobi. I love the Little Monica wig but Yaya's just so cute in this,

27973360132_6ebe72af5f_z.jpg

Cute Bunny by bodolza, on Flickr

• Like 2

Amoretto
On 8/28/2020 at 4:00 PM, Manaphyyy said:

I really like Luts (resin bjd company) wigs because they have a great variety of sizes and colors. Shipping can be a bit pricey though, so it's definitely best to save up and buy a bunch of stuff you want at once instead of one thing at a time.

You know, I used to have three LUTS Pines but I've never once owned one of their wigs, which I now regret! 

chef_mai

I'm looking seriously at a twintail Cotindoll wig and headed to checkout.

I was flabbergasted at the shipping fee of $46 to my bog standard location in the US + another $5 for eating the Paypal fee, all to order one wig. I've ordered things from Taiwan, and I've ordered some of the more pricey wigs from that side of the world (e.g. Pengin Workshop).

spacer.png

Even for the very largest non-doll-body order, one that came in a much bigger box and heavier than this could possibly be, was not $46 to ship.

Is this normal? My standard EMS shipping fee is about $25 unless it's something unusual.

(I tested out the site a bit more by placing a random item, just a small piece of clothing, in the cart and got the same result. This doesn't seem right to me. I've shot them a question about it but am really curious if others have encountered these sky high fees too.)

Edited by chef_mai

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, chef_mai said:

Is this normal?

My last orders from them shipped DHL not EMS. My recent coolcats orders cost around $36 to ship DHL, but they used a mailer. Cotindoll uses boxes, and their wigs are well packed in their own boxes with a plastic ball in the wig cap to help it keep its shape. Their packages are probably on the heavy side. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

chef_mai

Yikes, that's pretty pricey if you mean they used one of those flat envelopes to mail it. I had the option to use regular airmail for Coolcat, so I paid around $9 for a shipment that had 5 or so items + a freebie.

PenginWorkshop sent two wigs to me in a single box, with each one individually in a box, then wig net, then ball in the wig to keep shape. That cost about $20 via airmail.

Veravey

I second Little Monica! Really impressed.

And Luts is good, too. I like how quick Leeke is but I notice their difference in quality; not that they're bad, just less than Luts etc.

My goals for this year are 1 Cotindoll and 1 Pengin Workshop.

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif