Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
sonicassassin

Prewashing Smart Doll clothes?

Ai Priestess

I always washed my doll clothes at least a few times - better to be safe than get stains! I used a plastic container, cool water and Woolite - agitate and let it sit for about half an hour and the rinse until the water runs clear.  For Culture Japan jeans I did this about 4-6 times until I was satisfied with how much extra dye was rinsing out and then air dried them flat on the windowsill.

Even after all of the washing she still stained a tiny bit but now I have white leggings to help protect her. 

That_Dollfie_Dude

Danny says not to wash the clothes because they can shrink.  I try to just use the stain prevention leggings, and for tops I keep her in light colors most of the time. 

Resilient
On 11/26/2020 at 8:53 AM, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

Danny says not to wash the clothes because they can shrink.  I try to just use the stain prevention leggings, and for tops I keep her in light colors most of the time. 

Yeah, Danny says you shouldn't wash his clothing. I don't think you should wash them. The other people who say you could might have had good results but I wouldn't take the one in a million chance it could shrink. Other types of doll clothing like Barbie, 18'' dolls and others might be less risky.

Edited by Resilient

sig.png

Rajke

I always washed every clothingset (cold water with the hand) before using it the first time. Including the denim clothing. Except for shoes. Doesn’t matter the brand. 

I knock it off on a piece of wood but never had any shrinking of the clothes. 

Never had any stains from CJ outfits. 

@onion20@   This is a signature.