Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Veravey

Thank you for sharing interest~

Veravey

Hello everyone, really happy to join my first doll community! Like many of you, it means the world to me to share and discuss near-and-dear hobbies. And I mean really, really means the world to me; here in Canada it took me years to find friends who shared interest in anime, and I still remember how much relief I felt when it happened.

For 15 years I've been collecting anime figures and other merch. In 2015 I began collecting North American dolls, and this year I'll be starting my BJD collection; I'm beyond excited and can't wait to finish saving up for my first doll! 

I understand there's some controversy around Smart Dolls, and I appreciate how open-minded and supportive the forums here seem like from what I've read so far. Despite this, I still feel I want to start my collection with Ruby because I really appreciate her warm smile (I find her really calming), and I really like the Smart Doll body sculpt. Whether I branch into Dolffie in the future is a mystery, but given that anime has been my biggest hobby for over 15 years I'd say the chances are very good. That and I plan on visiting Japan again; the last and only time I've been was in 2013 and it was magical. I can only imagine how exciting it must be creating your own personal doll in Tokyo :'>

Besides anime, my other largest interests are in architecture and graphic design and I'm happy to say I began working in the architectural field last year. It was a big dream of mine and I'm looking forward to merging these hobbies into making things for my current and future dolls (like furniture and props!)

Thanks for welcoming me into your community, and I'm hoping to begin sharing BJD photos before Christmas~ 

• Like 2

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Gabihime

Yeah, it can be really difficult when you can’t find anyone who shares your interests.  Welcome!  I hope you have a wonderful time!

• Like 1

Veravey

Thank you! That's kind of you  (人 •͈ᴗ•͈)

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Alruna

Hello and welcome! I hope you get to share all of your interests here!

• Like 1

lardroom

Welcome! I miss going to Japan so much, too. I can't wait to go again when it's safe to do so.

• Like 1