Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

daydreammoment

New to dolls - again

daydreammoment

Hi! I just bought a Smart Doll (Moment) and she was delivered. I am very excited to open the box! I keep putting it off until I have some tome to truly enjoy the unboxing! I loved dolls as a kid but my child did not - she was more into stuffed animals. Now that she is grown and off at grad. School, I’ve decided to take up the hobby. I do a bit of sewing and have lots of craft projects so I can’t wait to make eyes and outfits and I even just ordered some Chaos heads to try my hand at face-ups. I wonder which heads will come....

• Like 4

Gabihime

Yay!  Welcome back to dolls then!  I know you’ll love large vinyl dolls.  They’re the best!  You can do so much with them.  I hope you get some cool heads from the chaos bundles!

• Like 1

daydreammoment

Thanks Gabihime! I can’t wait to find out what I’ve gotten! I love to read fantasy and sci-fi, so I would not be disappointed with something unusual!

luisjavier_osorio

Probably is too late, but would be great if you share pics of the unboxing. Or of your new girl if the first option is not possible.

daydreammoment
34 minutes ago, luisjavier_osorio said:

Probably is too late, but would be great if you share pics of the unboxing. Or of your new girl if the first option is not possible.

I would love to but can't figure out how to post photos here yet.  I have some great unboxing photos. My problem is trying to figure out how to make the file smaller without sacrificing so much resolution.  I tried using google to host but the photos didn't come through - only I could see them - broken link. I have an app on my iphone called compress but it is not very good for what I need - it requires a lot of trial and error.  Is there a place on this forum that discusses hosting sites, photography and how to post?  I did this years ago on another forum but so much has changed since then.  

littlecherishdoll
25 minutes ago, daydreammoment said:

I would love to but can't figure out how to post photos here yet.  I have some great unboxing photos. My problem is trying to figure out how to make the file smaller without sacrificing so much resolution.  I tried using google to host but the photos didn't come through - only I could see them - broken link. I have an app on my iphone called compress but it is not very good for what I need - it requires a lot of trial and error.  Is there a place on this forum that discusses hosting sites, photography and how to post?  I did this years ago on another forum but so much has changed since then.  

You can make an account on Flickr! That's what I did. That allows you to post them in a nice resolution, and embed them in posts here 😄 You can only post pictures from your computer once you have been a member for two weeks, and have posted at least 30 posts. But you can post from flickr right away! It's also a really nice gallery site to store your doll pictures online! Welcome to the hobby, I hope it brings you a lot of joy :) 

luisjavier_osorio
21 minutes ago, daydreammoment said:

I posted a couple of pictures hosted on google pictures in this forum. However, you can't resize them. 

Here is the link of how I made my google pictures available for hotlinking once you shared them.

https://www.labnol.org/internet/direct-links-for-google-drive/28356/

daydreammoment
2 minutes ago, littlecherishdoll said:

You can make an account on Flickr

Actually, that's one of the things I tried.  Can you post them from a free Flicker account? Does the resolution have to be altered in any way in the Flicker account or do you just post the url?

littlecherishdoll
2 minutes ago, daydreammoment said:

Actually, that's one of the things I tried.  Can you post them from a free Flicker account? Does the resolution have to be altered in any way in the Flicker account or do you just post the url?

You can post them from a free account! you don't have to alter the resolution at all! You just have to go to the photo, copy the link from the address bar, and paste into your post! And voila! The forum tech automatically shows the photo in your post :) 

daydreammoment
B59A565E-7171-4411-B3B4-F6C7ECB85451_1_105_cE5ACC0CE-E1F1-4CAF-B59C-22EECF56A600_1_105_c415709B4-6843-4E5F-B50F-C8D5AB9B9B2E_1_105_c0F143BDB-6915-46F8-84B3-7DA61483383F_1_105_c

I hope you all can see these!  Thanks for all your help!

• Like 3

Orenjiina

She’s very lovely! I love her expression. It’s a bit mysterious but also regal. Thanks for sharing! I’ve recently become interested in SmDs so I love seeing photos of them.

• Like 1

Veravey

She's beautiful, congrats on her safe arrival! Are you giving her a name?

How long did shipping take? I'll be ordering her and Ruby soon <3

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

daydreammoment
2 minutes ago, Veravey said:

Are you giving her a name?

I'm still deciding. She is very smart young lady who studies science because she is trying to make sense of mysterious powers she has had since she was a child. I've been playing with wigs and eyes today.  I can't believe how much they can change her appearance!

sunlightandtea

I've been smitten with Moment since the uh... Moment I saw her. 😄 Lovely pictures, and welcome!

That wig looks kinda different too! I like the curls on the end!

daydreammoment
58 minutes ago, Veravey said:

How long did shipping take? I'll be ordering her and Ruby soon <3

Shipping was very fast!  Like 2 days, I think.  The first time you order, they will send you a confirmation email asking you why you want a smart Doll.  Answer it quickly.  They won't complete the sale unless you do.  Good Luck with Ruby and be sure to take box opening pictures!  They're fun to look at!

• Like 1

Veravey
25 minutes ago, daydreammoment said:

Good Luck with Ruby and be sure to take box opening pictures! 

You're so sweet, thank you! I really appreciate all your help and pictures on my OC thread.

Congrats again! Let me know when you've thought of a name if you do <3

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif