Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Manaphyyy

Loose hips?

Manaphyyy

I got my MDD mochi ashi a while ago, and as I pose and play with her, I've noticed her legs have a tendency to become loose and eventually disconnect at the hip. Is this a common problem with the MDD f3 frame, or am I handling her wrong? Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

BeyondTime

This is something I experience in general with DDs, and it’s become my habit to periodically push the hips together to firm them up, or just hold them around the hips as I move the legs. I’m sort of prone to having them sit in the palm of my hand anyways, so it’s easy to compensate. 

I think it’s a bit worse with f3, because the post holding the legs on the hip is a free moving part and each leg can impact the other’s tension as you move them. It might be worse with Mochi Ashi because of the chubby legs.  

The f3 is tension adjustable, but I don’t know about that part or MDD-f3 in general. The smaller bodies have frame design differences, or at least DDP is different from DD/DDS.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Manaphyyy
8 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

This is something I experience in general with DDs, and it’s become my habit to periodically push the hips together to firm them up, or just hold them around the hips as I move the legs. I’m sort of prone to having them sit in the palm of my hand anyways, so it’s easy to compensate. 

I think it’s a bit worse with f3, because the post holding the legs on the hip is a free moving part and each leg can impact the other’s tension as you move them. It might be worse with Mochi Ashi because of the chubby legs.  

The f3 is tension adjustable, but I don’t know about that part or MDD-f3 in general. The smaller bodies have frame design differences, or at least DDP is different from DD/DDS.

So I guess it really does just come down to vigilance. Good to know I'm not handling her improperly, though! Thanks for answering 💖

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, Manaphyyy said:

So I guess it really does just come down to vigilance. Good to know I'm not handling her improperly, though! Thanks for answering 💖

No problem,

One thing I did recall, if the legs aren't seated correctly they are prone to come loose easily. This condition might be harder to spot on Mochi Ashi. The grooves on the legs need to slot together inside the hip, and if the fit isn't tight, then they will come loose almost immediately as you move her.

This is from the Volks blog and it's in Japanese, but the photos show how to use the lower frame as a sort of wrench to line up the leg frame so it's easy to fit the grooves into the slot. It's towards the bottom of the page.

https://ameblo.jp/blog-dd/entry-12549120871.html

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction