Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Babybel-Goth

New to vinyl dolls

Babybel-Goth

Hi, I'm new to vinyl dolls but a long time member of the resin doll community. I got my first Smart Doll in May of this year. I've always been into anime but preferred the aestetic of resin dolls over vinyl. However, after getting my boy I'm in love and want to (more like am) spoil(Ing) him rotten. 

He is an Athena with an XS bust. I should probably note that he is nonbinary and wears dresses a lot, which is why I went with a "female" body over a male one. I'm sorry if that bothers anyone. 

I just ordered a Cotindoll wig and some new clothes for him and am very excited...he's been sitting naked since his previous dress stained him (I know, I'm a noob and shouldn't have left him in dark clothes...I'm just used to resin being fine). 

Neway, Rigby and I think it's nice to meet you all~

spacer.png

• Like 6

MoonyKat

Welcome to the forums!  Your boy is lovely, I love the idea of using the XS bust to make a nonbinary character 😄

Also if he is stained you can treat them!  You just need something with 10% benzoyl peroxide.  You can actually use acne creams for this but there’s also products like Dream Rescue or Remove Zit that specifically made for vinyl doll stain removal.

• Like 1

Babybel-Goth

@MoonyKat Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm glad you enjoy my boy! 😊I was wicked afraid of sharing him as I have gotten some negative comments about him elsewhere.

The rescue cream isn't in stock right now so I'm waiting for it to come back in stock...but I just found out about Remove-Zit so I may try that instead? I'm worried it may have negative effects on tea vinyl though because it's a colored vinyl? I read people have used the rescue cream with no I'll effects, though, so maybe I'm just being paranoid. 

Honestly using the remover will be an experience as I've never done anything with goo and dolls before. 😆

Edited by Rigby

Orenjiina

Hello and welcome! Your boy is lovely! The color of his wig is so cute and compliments his face well. I’m sorry to hear that you received negative comments. :( I shelled my boy on an MDD body and I was worried that was weird because it’s a female body but I love the feminine aspect of it. Very dainty! Thank you for sharing and I hope to see more lovely photos in the future!

• Like 1

Babybel-Goth

@Orenjiina Thank you! I loved the color of that wig, sadly it was badly made and fell apart. :classic_sad: I do however have this wig, https://www.cotindoll.co/products/adw021all coming in Luka pink that I hope works well with him. Aww, I bet your boy is adorable!! I'd love to see him. 

• Like 1

MoonyKat
2 hours ago, Rigby said:

@MoonyKat Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm glad you enjoy my boy! 😊I was wicked afraid of sharing him as I have gotten some negative comments about him elsewhere.

The rescue cream isn't in stock right now so I'm waiting for it to come back in stock...but I just found out about Remove-Zit so I may try that instead? I'm worried it may have negative effects on tea vinyl though because it's a colored vinyl? I read people have used the rescue cream with no I'll effects, though, so maybe I'm just being paranoid. 

Honestly using the remover will be an experience as I've never done anything with goo and dolls before. 😆

Aww no :( some people just suck, don’t let the negative comments get you down!

and I’ve seen people use Remove Zit on tea dolls!  I’ve never heard of tea skin reacting badly to stain treatments in general.

stain treatment with creams is gonna be a new experience for me too soon 😆  I have an obitsu boy who likes to jump and his last flying leap resulted in some marks that magic eraser alone isn’t scrubbing out

• Like 1

RainbowNanaki

Hello and welcome!! I don't think using a female doll body for a non-binary character is weird at all — one of my own characters is amab non-binary and uses a Dollfie Dream Sister body with an SS bust. They also tend to wear a lot of skirts and dresses, so I've found that using a tiny (~1/4") pronoun pin has been helpful when at meets or posting photos on Instagram. It also helps drive away the kinds of people I wouldn't want following me anyway lol.

• Like 1

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

Babybel-Goth

@MoonyKat Some people really are. But thank you for the kind words!

That's good to hear! Makes me feel a little bit better about using it, lol. Aww poor boy, hopefully the cream works for that. 

@RainbowNanaki I'm glad more people don't find it weird, it just seemed right for the doll to me...and that's all that matters I guess?

Aww, like an actual pin on the doll? That's adorable! I usually tend to not mention his sex (he prefers he/him but doesn't mind they/them). But I also feel like maybe that's doing him an injustice in some way? It's probably weird because I know it's just a doll. >.<

Meowjima

Much like people, unless people introduce/talk about thier doll with their respective pronouns, I usually just go with they/them.

• Like 2

Babybel-Goth
8 minutes ago, Meowjima said:

Much like people, unless people introduce/talk about thier doll with their respective pronouns, I usually just go with they/them.

I don't mind if people get his pronouns wrong, that's bound to happen...but it's the rude and hurtful things some people say about him and what they assume about me. 

Meowjima
1 hour ago, Rigby said:

I don't mind if people get his pronouns wrong, that's bound to happen...but it's the rude and hurtful things some people say about him and what they assume about me. 

I'd ignore the haters.  I think he's adorable.  I actually thought about getting that dress set from Volks before realize most of my doll clothes are more contemporary.  

• Like 1

Babybel-Goth
13 minutes ago, Meowjima said:

I'd ignore the haters.  I think he's adorable.  I actually thought about getting that dress set from Volks before realize most of my doll clothes are more contemporary.  

That's good advice and thank you! The dress is lovely but sadly it's what stained him...he actually just today got a new wig and outfit that won't stain him...or shouldn't. XD

spacer.png

Meowjima
On 11/5/2020 at 2:59 PM, Rigby said:

That's good advice and thank you! The dress is lovely but sadly it's what stained him...he actually just today got a new wig and outfit that won't stain him...or shouldn't. XD

Volks' outfits, while cute, can have a habit of staining.  Their recent lottery had a cute outfit that I put off because the shorts were black.  Even if they're lined, I'm kind of wary.  I would try and find a body suit, or at least stain prevention leggings/the like.  If and when Danny restocks them (but I think tea stuff tends to go slower, anyway)  Even with Smart Dolls, which do tend to be a little more resilient to staining.  I'm pretty sure I've only stained my Milk doll from carpet.

That wig is also cute.  

• Like 1

Babybel-Goth
9 minutes ago, Meowjima said:

Volks' outfits, while cute, can have a habit of staining.  Their recent lottery had a cute outfit that I put off because the shorts were black.  Even if they're lined, I'm kind of wary.  I would try and find a body suit, or at least stain prevention leggings/the like.  If and when Danny restocks them (but I think tea stuff tends to go slower, anyway)  Even with Smart Dolls, which do tend to be a little more resilient to staining.  I'm pretty sure I've only stained my Milk doll from carpet.

That wig is also cute.  

Good to know about Volks stuff and staining. It's really surprising to me that they wouldn't take more care with their clothing seeing as Dolfies stain easily as well. Yeah, I want to get the tea bodysuit but I haven't grabbed it yet. What sucks is it's his hands that got stained so I'm not sure how to protect those? 

MoonyKat
3 hours ago, Rigby said:

Good to know about Volks stuff and staining. It's really surprising to me that they wouldn't take more care with their clothing seeing as Dolfies stain easily as well. Yeah, I want to get the tea bodysuit but I haven't grabbed it yet. What sucks is it's his hands that got stained so I'm not sure how to protect those? 

Personally I think Volks seems to focus more on aesthetics rather than stain prevention/longevity.  They seem to make a lot of really cute outfits that are either major stain monsters or fall apart after a few years :( 

As for his hands something I do is slightly push up the sleeves of any outfit I worry about staining their hands but also want to keep the doll in.  It’s probably not the best solution but it helps helps keep the fabric off their hands while they are sitting on a shelf and not being photographed 😂

Babybel-Goth
9 hours ago, MoonyKat said:

Personally I think Volks seems to focus more on aesthetics rather than stain prevention/longevity.  They seem to make a lot of really cute outfits that are either major stain monsters or fall apart after a few years :( 

As for his hands something I do is slightly push up the sleeves of any outfit I worry about staining their hands but also want to keep the doll in.  It’s probably not the best solution but it helps helps keep the fabric off their hands while they are sitting on a shelf and not being photographed 😂

Oh no, I didn't know about falling apart! Wow, for such a high price you'd think they'd take more care. 

Crazily enough it was the outside of his dress that stained him, lol. But that's a good idea, especially if you use a body suit, I'll keep that in mind! 

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Rigby said:

Oh no, I didn't know about falling apart! Wow, for such a high price you'd think they'd take more care. 

The cloth items shouldn’t have issues other than the normal issues you have with cloth. The stuff that can fall apart is the fake leather material and thin plastic materials they use in shoes and some outfits. On limited dolls, those things can be outside their control because the license holder gets to approve the final design choices. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Babybel-Goth
27 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

The cloth items shouldn’t have issues other than the normal issues you have with cloth. The stuff that can fall apart is the fake leather material and thin plastic materials they use in shoes and some outfits. On limited dolls, those things can be outside their control because the license holder gets to approve the final design choices. 

That's kind of what I was thinking the issues were but thank you for clarification. This is true, license holders can be very tricky to work with. 

seraphimme

Ahh! He's awesome! As someone who is nonbinary and prefers he/him pronouns, this made me very happy! Thanks for sharing! <3

• Like 1

Babybel-Goth
4 hours ago, seraphimme said:

Ahh! He's awesome! As someone who is nonbinary and prefers he/him pronouns, this made me very happy! Thanks for sharing! <3

Aww, thank you! I'm glad he brought joy to you. 🥰 

Rigby says 'ello. :3 (he's wearing his pajamas right now, don't mind him). 

spacer.png

Edited by Rigby