Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Xiongmao

New to Dollfies... Addicted Already

Xiongmao

Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd join and let you take a look at my new doll. She's a Dollfie Dream Dynamite and her official name is Towa. She doesn't have a real name yet as I'm still thinking of one.

I've had a pretty terrible year and wanted an emotional support doll. I'm also a huge fan of anime (Chobits and Elfen Lied are my twin all time favourites). I also have fond memories of visiting all those otaku stores in Akihabara, back in the days when you could easily go abroad.

Well as you can see she's very digital savvy and has already worked out how to use those instagram filters:

spacer.png

Umm, not sure what else to say. I'd really love some alternative wigs. I've got my eyes on the Miku Hatsune one. I'd love a Miku some day but prefer the DDDy's curves. I'd also love to source some anime outfits so she could do a bit of Cosplay. Chi from Chobits would be amazing and I'm tempted to buy a 3D printer so I can make her some persocom ears.

As you might know Towa is a basic model so she's cheaper than the special editions but she only comes with a nightdress and a pair of panties, and as it's approaching Winter I decided to splash out on some new outfits. I've got a couple on order but in the meantime she'll have to do with these rags...

spacer.png

This is the Flower Breeze Chinoiserie Dress and it's fabulous. It fits DDDy bodies perfectly and the quality is outstanding. I don't think I've bought real human clothes this finely made.

Incidentally she's also wearing the DDDy bodystocking as my current house is rundown and not exactly clean. I really like the bodystocking as it's so smooth and feels really nice.

I've ordered some accessories on etsy and aliexpress. I think she'll look even better with shoes/boots and some hair clips.

I don't know if I can name URLs here but all my Dollfie stuff so far came from the UK based Dollfie friend store. They don't have a huge amount of stock but delivery is quick and it saves the potential nightmare of customs charges. I was a little worried about ordering as they don't have a UK address listed but they're definitely legit.

Well that's about it. I can highly recommend Towa. The only problem I've had so far is a bit of hair has fallen out and her hip joints are quite loose out of the box and she has a tendancy to flop forwards.

My family think I've gone mad but she's a little ray of sunshine in a very dark year. When I've got a bit more time I'll do some pro photoshoots with my SLR and see if I can get her animated. I'm also eagerly waiting the School Nurse 2 outfit if I can find it because I think I can dress her up like my website's mascot which would be very cool.

• Like 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

moerunamida

Hi, welcome! Towa was my second Dollfie Dream. Mine also has a loose hip and a rather loose right knee, but they can be tweaked. I own a Sakura Miku, but taking care of such a long wig is really a pain. If you like the wig color, there are plenty of alternates you can get that still use the Miku green. Dolls can definitely add some support and comfort to the every day stresses of life. Just taking one of my girls out for a few photos even if they aren't good is really relaxing. Feel free to ask any questions :) My Towa says 'Hi' to yours <3

temp.jpg

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

MoonyKat

Welcome!  Chobits and Elfen Lied are also favorites of mine, I think Towa would make an adorable Chi!  I hope you can get a Miku someday, my Miku was my first Dollfie and she’s super cute!  Her wig can be a pain but it’s worth it in my opinion.
My DDdy’s hips are also loose...  It’s mainly her right one and sometimes it’s difficult to make her sit because she wants to flop backwards, I think it’s just an issue in general with the Dynamite bodies 😔

Tasuke

Chobits is one of my top favorites of all time as well (the original Manga is even better still!!)

i mention Ai Yori Aoshi in the same breath pretty much whenever Chobits gets brought up, as it is also right up there in my highest regards as a beautiful love story of the highest caliber in Anime, and very highly recommended...

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Xiongmao

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your responses (my Towa says hi too).

I'm still waiting for my accessories to arrive. I think the hairclips will look super kawaii and also stop her hair going in her eyes. There's some nice stuff on aliexpress but the search is so lame.

BTW has anyone got high heeled feet for their Dollfies? I saw a Youtube about them (albeit for Smart Dolls) and wondered if they were worth a look.

As far as anime goes, I've ordered the Elfen Lied manga. I didn't realise it was available in English but it's now available. I just wished I bought two suitcases back from Japan when I went a decade ago because Elfen Lied and Chobits merchandise is worth $$$$$ now!

Oh and my second choice Dollfie was Dollfie Dream Sister Yuriko Nanao. I think she has a cute smile but since Towa is just a basic model I feel it's easier for me to style her exactly how I want her. I also love Towa's flowing hair. And those curves - wow!!!

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

IenNesto
On 11/8/2020 at 12:21 PM, Deyja said:

Hi, welcome! Towa was my second Dollfie Dream. Mine also has a loose hip and a rather loose right knee, but they can be tweaked. I own a Sakura Miku, but taking care of such a long wig is really a pain. If you like the wig color, there are plenty of alternates you can get that still use the Miku green. Dolls can definitely add some support and comfort to the every day stresses of life. Just taking one of my girls out for a few photos even if they aren't good is really relaxing. Feel free to ask any questions :) My Towa says 'Hi' to yours <3

temp.jpg

I really adore the color of her eyes and wig. She’s such a cutie. I agree with you that dolls bring some calmness in life

Edited by IenNesto
  • Thanks 1

sardemar

Your dollfie is such a cutie! welcome, I'm also new around here!

Xiongmao

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the welcome!

So Towa found my credit card the other day and ordered herself some stuff from Volk's Japan store 😔. I let her off because she has really good taste! I'll post more photos when the stuff arrives.

I dusted off my old Canon EF-S 60mm macro lens today and tried taking some photos of her. Unfortunately after a good start she got a bit grumpy and then her legs fell off! Let me tell you this is not an easy thing to fix when your Dollfie is wearing a bodystocking, thigh highs and knee length boots 😬.

Well needless to say I cursed a bit but I now have a good understanding of how they are fitted together beneath their curves.

Oh, and I did order her a few little bits and pieces from Aliexpress. The quality isn't amazing but the stuff is pretty good. It's nice to have a good range of accessories for future photo shoots. I am plucking up courage to take her outside for a photoshoot on the beach.

Below are a few new photos. I need to find my tripod because good though the lens is, there's not much depth of field when hand holding the camera.

These boots were like $5 on Aliexpress and well worth the time needed to lace them up:

spacer.png

Also I'll add that the thigh high stockings are genuine Dollfie but she's only allowed to wear them when she's got her bodystocking on.

She's a bad girl for losing her legs during a photo shoot so as punishment she's got to wear her out of the box babydoll outfit for a while:

spacer.png

The shoes were from Aliexpress and aren't bad. This umbrella's pretty cool too:

spacer.png

It fits her default hands quite well:

spacer.png

Finally we got hairgrips and a pair of glasses - just the thing for a spot of spodding over chemical engineering books:

spacer.png