Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Xiongmao

My First Dollfie - DDDy Towa [Slightly NSFW Due to DDDy]

Xiongmao

Well this is an amazing week because not only did out Doll Dreaming Delights stash arrive, but the next day our massive Volks box arrived. The Doll Delights stuff passed through customs without 💸💸💸 too (although the big Volks box did of course get noticed).

It will take several weeks to try everything on but here's a kind of montage of some of the new stuff...

spacer.png

The big news is that we got some furniture! The school desk and chair set is really cool, and I got the version with the school bag hook (so I bought the school bag too). The gym set is cool although we need to get Towa a decent bra or a less obvious chest (ahem!).

The bear mask and kitty ears set was (I think) a limited edition set. We wanted the ears but I'm not sure I like the mask.

I'm worried the sweatshirt top will stain, but I reckon it looks cool on the back of the chair.

The glasses were from AliExpress and I made the magazine (inspired by YouTuber Darling Dolls).

We've got a 1:3 sided laptop on order from AliExpress which will make this scene look even more cool. It would be great if we could get some 1:3 stationery so let me know if you've seen any. Also that bag is crying out for a charm!

I've changed our thread to slightly NSFW, mostly on account of Towa choosing to wear this micro bikini from Doll Dreaming. It was the first thing she tried on...

spacer.png

I said it was too scandalous and would send out all the wrong signals to boy dolls (and maybe get us banned on DollDreaming), but we do live next to the beach and everything goes here, so I guess it's OK. Waif-like Smart Dolls are alright but I am sure Michelangelo and every other Renaissance artist would have had a DDDy model in their studios.

I'm not really sure how much Towa knows about Japanese culture because she also got a Hentai themed sweatshirt and this t-shirt from Doll Delights:

spacer.png

I don't know if I want to let her go outside with this on. On the plus side not many of the local people will understand the message. It's also a perfect match for our new experimental YouTube channel.

We haven't tried on any of the Doll Delights stuff apart from the almost-a-bikini. Unlike the Volks gym t-shirt the Doll Dreaming one doesn't have fasteners and as I'd already taken her arms off to put the bodysuit on I didn't want to take her apart again.

More photos when we try on something else...

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

baldylox

Don't worry, you are more then allowed to share pics of the micro bikini on Towa!  And you won't get in any trouble either, I promise.  😄 

I like her kitty ears and mask, they are so cute!

I can't wait to see more pics of her and her new clothing loot!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime
On 3/17/2021 at 11:41 AM, Xiongmao said:

Now Towa is bugging me to get some things from Cool Cats as she points out it will be Summer before long and the Cool Cats bikinis are absolutely amazing

I haven't paid attention to their DDDy sized Bikini's, but I did get a few of their DDDy racing suits for my SD16s and those are nice. I don't believe they restock the stuff they are sold out of.

8 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

and maybe get us banned on DollDreaming

It won't. I posted a picture of that same Bikini on my Sailor Jupiter here.

As long as all their bits are covered you shouldn't even need an NSFW tag. I just added that and the spoiler bracket on my own image as a courtesy to those who might not want to see slightly ecchi content, or who might work for employers with strict policies.

Nude imagery should be marked as NSFW in the title, and the Guidelines define the content that is unacceptable even with an NSFW title or tag. You have to get pretty far off the beaten path to cross that line here imo.

https://www.dolldreaming.com/guidelines/

I think I need a Towa. Been meaning to finally get a DDDy, and she is pretty cute.

8 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

The gym set is cool although we need to get Towa a decent bra or a less obvious chest

Not sure if DDDy has a flat bust option, but some people sand the nipples off the regular busts in order to make a flat one.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Tasuke
On 1/4/2021 at 10:22 AM, Xiongmao said:

So Covid has cost me my 4th job in a row but on a cold, grey and depressing Winter's day a ray of sunshine has appeared... our parcel from Mandarake!

And here it is - the Dollfie Dreams ToHeart2 outfit. Experts can fill me in on whose outfit she has but as far as I'm aware it was sold as a standalone set. Anyway they seem to appear quite frequently but Towa spotted it and squealed "buy me, buy me, buy me" 😁.

spacer.png

Incidentally, the long socks came with it but I need to source some black shoes to complete the look. The outfit is very well made and is in decent condition. Despite being a DDDy outfit it was still a tight fit and every time I did up on popper on the top's front another one came undone 😬.

I'm wary of staining (the yellow cardboard insert was stained) so she's wearing her bodystocking. The outfit is lined (and the skirt has an inner skirt) but even so this might be an outfit for special occasions only. It does look really awesome though, and really compliments her hair. Oh and for anyone who is really into doll outfits the top's pink material is lovely - it feels quite smooth and is generally lovely.

Now I have time on my hands I've thought about buying a sewing machine but making an outfit like this... yikes!

I wish I had more props but this umbrella was a good buy from AliExpress:

spacer.png

So we're very pleased with the outfit even though the customs charge added 40% to the cost (ouch!) 😬. Mandarake is going to have to be for extra special items from now on.

BTW I'll take some more outdoor photos if the weather improves as these nighttime handheld ones are are bit blurry. I thought you'd all like to see this outfit though - it's really awesome.

it's a generic uniform in the ToHeart 2 universe, so it isn't specific to any one character.

my 1/6 Megahouse/ALTER Konomi Yuzuhara wears the Sailor Suit that originally came with my Megahouse/ALTER Lucy Maria Misora;

Konomi_Yuzuhara_3-31-21_RESIZE_30.jpg?wi

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

finnleo
32 minutes ago, Tasuke said:

it's a generic uniform in the ToHeart 2 universe, so it isn't specific to any one character.

there are character versions of the uniform, though minor details.

Sasara's dynamite version has black socks, and shoes to go with it, compared to the general dynamite with white socks and no shoes

the L-bust version for Tamaki is apparently uniqe to her doll release.

The M-bust had a generic release, alongisde Manaka's character release which had the cape, though that probably wasnt part of the official uniform. -- Correction: The cape and gym pants probably were sold as a separate set, volks's currect character page just has those pictures to go with the doll.

the MDD one wasnt character linked, though konomi owners probably got this one.

Edited by finnleo

Xiongmao

Thanks for all your kind comments and also the ToHeart 2 photos. That outfit is one of our favourites which is just as well given how much it cost to acquire from Mandarake 😳.

I did guess the microbikini photo would be OK for here but I don't know if I want my wifu doll posting those sorts of pictures on the internet lol.

I'm still new to Dollfies but I am pretty sure you can swap out their busts. There is a smooth version and also different sizes (which will be a must if we ever source a genuine Miku outfit). For the moment though I'd prefer to get her more hands.

Our next clothing order will hopefully be from Cool Cat. Their bikini range looks really hot but it's a shame so many designs are sold out 😭.

We also have some bits and pieces on order from AliExpress. I'm eagerly awaiting the mini laptop as that will be awesome for photoshoots.

Anyway, it's time for a new outfit... this is the Chocolate Mint Lolita dress and I believe it's only available for DDDy girls. I bought it mostly because Towa herself is the cover model and I feel we need to have all the ones made for her. It's pretty nice and definitely the sort of outfit I'll put her in if we ever visit the Volks store in Japan. I don't like the fasteners on the back (those ones that just loop through a thin strand of material) but I really like the neck cuff and the general fit.

She's also sporting the kitty handbag. We wanted the rabbit one but there was the saga of it not arriving in our last consignment.

spacer.png

Despite being taken under artificial lighting this could well be my favourite photo I've ever taken of her. It's quite difficult to get the exposure right so her eyes don't look completely black. Here it looks just right.

She would look even better without her bodysuit on but the place I'm currently living in is not very clean and we're also looking after my sister's 🙀. I only hope the 🙀 doesn't find the kitty purse!

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

BeyondTime
19 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

I'm still new to Dollfies but I am pretty sure you can swap out their busts. There is a smooth version and also different sizes (which will be a must if we ever source a genuine Miku outfit). For the moment though I'd prefer to get her more hands.

DD & DDS have SS, S, M, L, and L-Shapely bust sizes, and the L size has a flat option without nipples. AFAIK DDDy only has L & L-Shapely, and any other bust option requires using a knife to mod a DD bust so it fits a DDDy. You can sand off the nipples on a DDDy bust or just accept that some girls have prominent nipples.

I’m more in line with the idea that female anatomy isn’t obscene and people need to stop making such a fuss about it, but I know lots of people don’t agree with that posture. (Just to be clear, I’m not suggesting you’re saying it’s obscene, I’m just pointing out that the issue with Towa’s bust is really based on an out of date stigma.)

Hatsune Miku has an SS (super-small) bust and is on a DD body, so her outfits aren’t going to fit the DDDy hips well or bust at all. Even with a modded SS bust some of the Hatsune Miku skirts are likely going to look off on Towa’s broad hips.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Xiongmao

Another photo of her Mint Chocolate Lolita dress, plus the kitty ears from the Mask & Cat Ear Headband (Gray) mini-set. I love Towa just as she is, although her hips are a bit creaky and it's not so easy to get her to sit down well.

spacer.png

I am really getting to like this outfit. I only bought it because Towa models it, but it suits her so well and the colours match the dress really well. I think she'll be wearing this for several days, even though we have a mountain of other outfits to try on.

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Another new outfit - this is the Kitty Bondage set (DDdy version). We did buy this earlier in the year but a certain company sent us the regular DD version (scroll up for the sad story).

spacer.png

It's a pretty nice dress and special enough to take the bodysuit off but I'm starting to elevate towards the more dressy dresses like the chocolate mint one above. We'd also love a maid dress as Towa's thinking about a Ram/Rem cosplay (and a new wig).

We have a new sad story in that an AliExpress company sent us some beautiful new boots but they turned out to probably be 1/4 size not 1/3 size. I don't know if 1/4 will fit my sister in law's Blythe. The store have been OK about it but AliExpress have not. I might reduce my purchases from that platform in future.

Towa herself now has more YouTube traffic than my own channel has, and she has more subscribers than my old company. Those figures will probably increase significantly once her kitty dress unboxing video goes live. Maybe she will find a boy doll boyfriend after one watches her channel, but few men will be able to tame that wild Miku hair 😁.

We have a stand on order so we'll do a lot more on location shots once that arrives (assuming it's the right size).

If anyone else has a video camera YouTube needs more Dollfie content... we're totally bored of watching Smart Doll unboxings.

• Like 1

baldylox

She looks great in her new outfit!  And she definitely NEEDS a maid uniform!  Every DD does!  <3 

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

TasiaChiba

That outfit looks really, really pretty on her!

Also,  it is almost unlikely that the 1/4 shoes will fit a Blythe, unless she's been modded to go on a 1/4 body. Blythe and the most popular body swaps are in the 1/6 range....

Tira
On 4/14/2021 at 1:30 PM, Xiongmao said:

We have a new sad story in that an AliExpress company sent us some beautiful new boots but they turned out to probably be 1/4 size not 1/3 size. I don't know if 1/4 will fit my sister in law's Blythe. The store have been OK about it but AliExpress have not. I might reduce my purchases from that platform in future.

1/4 is the same size as an MDD, while Blythe bodies are 1/6 scale (similar to a Barbie). So unfortunately, it probably won’t work.

Towa looks really cute in her outfit. 

Towa looks so cute in her outfit, I really like her miku hair

Xiongmao

Miku hair is great and it's easy to put on too. Maybe we'll get a real Miku some day but we're not a fan of the snow Mikus.

Anyway, a little update...

We had a stain scare! Omg Towa managed to get a black stain on her leg, like it was ink or something. I rubbed it off with a tissue and she's now back to wearing her bodystocking.

Our order from Cool Cat arrived. Has anyone else tried them? They're amazing. The package came in just 3 days and Towa was sent not one but two free gifts! She was so pleased she wanted her photo taken with them (the pantsu and the pink hairband). The hairband goes so well with the Volks' Flower Breeze Chinoiserie Dress, as will the pantsu.

spacer.png

Oh and the red hair grip is from AliExpress. I trust them for little accessories like this, but clothing can be, uh, variable.

We ordered a lot from Cool Cat and would have ordered more but so much is out of stock (like the gorgeous DDdy lingerie sets). We mostly bought 👙 as well as some socks and a very nice plaid skirt that may or may not fit DDdy girls. Their swimsuits are fabulous.

I'll post more photos soon but we have an epic backlog of dress ups to photograph.

Also our doll stand came (from AliExpress 😬). It's similar to the Alice's Collection one but we're undecided about whether it's good or just junk. We'll try it out on a non-windy day (we live by the sea so it's risky for dolls to venture out). I don't know if I mentioned but we bought the Volks school desk and chair set a couple of months ago. It's really fab and great for filming Towa unboxing stuff. She has a 1:3 scale laptop now too.

I think we're done shopping as we now have enough outfits for half a dozen dolls. However there is one Volks' outfit I really want because it matches my small business's website mascot. I've got a Mandarake search set up for it, and will pounce when it appears. Also we need more shoes as Towa's shoes and boots are just cheap AliExpress ones. Well maybe we're not done shopping after all...

• Like 1

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

We had a stain scare! Omg Towa managed to get a black stain on her leg, like it was ink or something. I rubbed it off with a tissue and she's now back to wearing her bodystocking.

Some stains can be wiped off with a cloth or Magic Eraser. Volks makes a special cleaning sponge too. Others require chemical treatment, but treating body stains is pretty easy. 

6 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

We ordered a lot from Cool Cat and would have ordered more but so much is out of stock (like the gorgeous DDdy lingerie sets). We mostly bought 👙 as well as some socks and a very nice plaid skirt that may or may not fit DDdy girls. Their swimsuits are fabulous.

They do periodically add new items. I’m probably responsible for the out of stock status of many of their white bikinis. 44+ dolls, and I tends to keep them in white swimsuits when they aren’t being played with. White won’t stain, and a lot of outfits can just be put on over a bikini or racing suit, so it’s easy to dress them up for photos and then undress them back to a swimsuit when they’re going back on their stands. 

Now that I have a DDDy coming in, I’m going to have to get some more of their swimwear. 

I can’t recall if I mentioned this before, but DollHeart has DDDy clothing options. 

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Okay so this has turned into stain week. I guess it was a case of not if but when we would have some major issues 😭.

So the leg stain rubbed off pretty easily, maybe because I caught it in time. However we have not been so lucky on a stain on her right hand. If you look closely at the photo below it's on the lower part of her thumb. I guess we are very lucky in that it's on her hand. Tomorrow I'll go buy some Cif or Oxy 10 and see what we can do. It could be a kind of blessing because then we will be well prepared for any other disasters.

I tried rubbing the hand stain but I think I got to it too late. I was horrified when I noticed it because I was doing an outdoors photoshoot at the time. However I think that because the stain seemed to have soaked into the vinyl it must have been there for a few days. I wouldn't necessarily have noticed it due to where it was.

In better news we have now tried on quite a few of the Cool Cat outfits. This swimsuit (below) is my favourite and maybe Towa's too. We went for the thin white and I think any boy dolls would pass out if Towa wore this on the beach 😚. Anyway, a huge shout out to Cool Cat because everything so far has been a perfect fit for Towa's DDdy curves and even the plaid skirt went on without a fuss. The string bikini with the silver balls on is really nice too. We're less sure about the skirted one piece and we've not yet tried on the lingerie set with a cute head bow. Also their socks are great.

Oh and yes Towa's gonna be wearing her bodysuit more often from now on!

I see that Volks have a few new things from May 1. I was going to get some Dollfie Rescue but I don't like the idea of buying something like that online as they might end up selling us some old stock. We do have our eyes on some other stuff though.

spacer.png

I don't think this photo came out too bad - it was hand held at ISO 800 (it's night here now).

• Like 1

AzDoll123

Stains happen, it's kind of like when you try to be extra careful when eating something while wearing a nice outfit, and still dropping food anyway. Hopefully the stain on her hand will go away!

BeyondTime
21 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

However I think that because the stain seemed to have soaked into the vinyl it must have been there for a few days. I wouldn't necessarily have noticed it due to where it was.

Stains can happen after a few seconds of contact. I had a doll stain from a bit of grime on top of an old bookshelf and she was in contact with it for a minute tops. You’re basically up against physical laws within which a minute can be a very long time.

21 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Oh and yes Towa's gonna be wearing her bodysuit more often from now on!

You shouldn’t need a bodysuit with anything white. It’s the dyes in colored fabrics that get drawn into the vinyl. While any dyed fabric can potentially stain, colors like pastels generally aren’t problematic. Be very careful with dark blues reds browns and blacks. Some polymer fabrics won’t have this issue because the process used to colorize the polymer fixes the dyes. 

Xiongmao

Yup, stains will happen. I don't think they're related to outfits, just general house grime (I live in a dilapidated seafront house so it's not the cleanest place to live).

Anyway, the good news is that the stain removal cream seems to be working. I should have taken some before and after photos. I basically scoured all the stores in town and eventually found something called Acnecide. I felt like an embarrassed teen buying it (it's not for me, it's for my, er, doll 😳). It wasn't that cheap but it does have 5% benzoyl peroxide and it's also widely available (in the UK at least).

It's not been that sunny lately and modern lightbulbs don't seem to be hot anymore but basically what I've done is to put a blob of Acnecide on the stain then sandwich her hand between two pieces of white tissue and rest it on my broadband router. It gets kind of warm on it, but not too hot that it will melt Towa's hand.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

I don't think they're related to outfits, just general house grime

That’s certainly possible. The hand stain looks like a stain that could have come from the cuff of a piece of clothing. The base of the thumb is a prime spot for cuffs to stain, and I’d bet most of us have seen our girls stained in that exact spot. One possible culprit could be to two heart outfit and those red accents on the cuffs. Depending on how far down on her arms they go the red threads used to stitch them on could be the cause. Sometimes with outfit dyes it’s not the material itself, but the stitching that causes stains. 

All that said, don’t be so afraid of stains that you won’t dress her in stuff you think is cute. Treating body stains is part of the hobby and it’s pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Just be careful to protect her head and face from stains when you dress her or put wigs on her. Even if her face-up did get stained, you can just get her a custom face up and the stains can be cleaned up as a part of that work.

Xiongmao

The stain has gone and so has the bodysuit 🤩. That Miku hair comes in handy though when you're doing dress ups in very revealing Cool Cat bikinis...

spacer.png

We also need to do some more dressups in the other Doll Delights stuff we bought. Their outfits appear wildly popular with Smart Doll owners. It's much easier for us to do photoshoots now we have a doll stand.

Towa's still busy with various dress ups and luckily they're taking her mind off the fact that the new Volks stuff we wanted all sold out. By the way if anyone knows a good source of plain white loose socks it would be cool to have a pair but it's expensive ordering from Volks and the Smart Doll store has sold out of them.

Oh and yes, we're going to have to sort out some hair care soon... that wig has a life of its own.

Edited by Xiongmao

abs2891

Having wrangled with my miku wig a few times, a tangle teezer brush does a good job on the tails, just hold on up towards the top to avoid pulling the hair at the scalp and thus causing that to go wonky.  Bangs in front can be styled with a (new) tooth brush. 

For socks, I don’t have a specific recommendation, but that sounds like something that you could probably find options for on Etsy 

Xiongmao

OK so we are now totally cleaned out after getting a Mandarake email alert - an outfit we wanted was in stock!!!

What I really wanted was the respected lady doctor set (not sure if real name of set) but more importantly I wanted the lab coat out of it 🧪. Anyway, the lab coat is great and it will allow Towa to cosplay as my long running website's anime avatar. I'll post more of this outfit in future, but right now Towa's wearing this outfit we bought at the same time:

spacer.png

Apologies for slightly blurry photo as I took it with my older camera, not my usual SLR.

I think this is the Beat Angel Escalayer Kouenji Sayuka outfit. It seems complete although I've seen her pictured with spectacles so I don't know if it should have come with those (although we have a pair from elsewhere). I personally think this was an amazing bargain given it was the same price as our other outfit purchases but it came with a wig and shoes. The outfit looks in good condition although the shoes have slight scuffing at the back and the wig is a little worse for wear.

Anyway, let me know if I haven't put it on right - there's not a huge amount of photos of this alternative Beat Angel outfit online.

We also bought:

• The respectable doctor set that comes with a white lab coat, blouse, skirt and brown long socks. This one is quite rare and took over 6 months to appear on Mandarake (the nurse outfits are a lot more common).
  • Another 2 Heart school outfit - Towa wants a dream sister and it would be the best if they had matching outfits!
  • Official Volks shoes - we're fed up with AliExpress shoes that fall apart/don't fit. We haven't tried them on yet as they're lace ups and will take a while to get right. They should look awesome with the Mint Chocolate Lolita outfit.
  • The Dream cheer leader set - this is quite common but Towa wanted the pink one with the yellow pom poms. This is actually a really cool set.
  • Lots of Chobits manga and some cool phone cards. None of this is especially rare but I love the anime and the artwork is exquisite.

Hats off to Mandarake for delivering our consignment to our door in just 5 days! I will point out though that DHL is way more costly than their website estimator says it might cost! Actually this wasn't due to Towa's outfits but rather my filling up the shopping cart with Chobits memorabilia. I didn't realise manga was quite heavy especially when it comes with limited edition goodies!!!

Edited by Xiongmao