Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

kakulolita

Android Boy

kakulolita

I sure hope you read the title of this to the tune of that Deco*27 song, because I certainly thought it in that as I typed it out. Though the title says boy, the character is actually nonbinary- just masculine leaning. I don't figure they'd take much upset with me using he/him pronouns, though.

Surprisingly, this is my first time making a thread like this despite how much I concept and such... If all goes well, then I'll hopefully be inspired to get my other dolls going, going, actually having something done with them. Well, we'll see. In any case, it seems I'm best at handling things one thing at a time.

I present to you: Service Droid Model KXC-0901, model name Ryo. Though this bot doesn't have a personal name just yet, maybe it'll come to me after I've gotten them all put together. I've been in a huge robot craze recently, kicked off by the Polynian figure series and the second life Rikugou avatar (if you know, you know- and I am so sorry you do).

Seems like Mecha Musume and Android characters are taking over my life...

Well, the more robots the merrier! After having concepted them, as well as after having lamented not having a more complicated doll project since I've always been an unfortunate glutton for punishment, I'm putting both my 3d modeling and painting skills to the test! ^^ I'll be trying to use my neglected 3d printer to make their legs + hip pieces, arm cuffs (?), headphones, spine pieces, and possible their headband. 

I'll be producing the "post break" version of the character, just because they're right up my alley, and seem the most fun. I love a good asymmetrical design, after all!

Mice.png.5bc6b2a9bea69c99e08f00f9def518cd.png

To be frank, while I CAN paint and 3d model, I'm already pretty aware that something like LEDs are impossible for me, so I'll probably be trying mica powders to make the parts that should light up look a little brighter.

Now, let's get this show on the road, shall we? For starters, I've purchased a damaged DDS body from the ever lovely Noxxbunny, with the intentions of modding it as the character above. This body had been previously dyed, and has pretty much unsalvageable elbow joints- so on the agenda is either fashioning a new pair of those, or purchasing some on the off chance that someone has some available. Thankfully, the grey color the dye ended up actually works in my favor- as I can body blush the body to look closely like the character without too much paint, which is fun! I'm planning to do a bit of shading to drive home the whole... robot deal. 

So, the body is on the way. The next part is... the head, and that's where I'm currently stuck. I have a ddh07 already in my possession, and I'm not particularly opposed to the idea of modding that, but I also would like to keep with that prior "scrapped projects turned Finished Ones" theme, so I'd like to source a head in similar or worse condition. Decisions, decisions... Hopefully I'll keep to this project with some decent frequency- though, executive dysfunction with hobbies tends to be a bitch, so we'll see. 

Edited by kakulolita
  • Like 3

Noxxbunny

Lol YESSSSSS, I had no idea you'd be working on a robot character!! This makes me even happier that I could help. A good chunk of my crew are android characters, I definitely have a soft spot for them. 😄 I love the design's Polynian vibes and am looking forward to seeing more!

• Like 1

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

kakulolita
29 minutes ago, Noxxbunny said:

Lol YESSSSSS, I had no idea you'd be working on a robot character!! This makes me even happier that I could help. A good chunk of my crew are android characters, I definitely have a soft spot for them. 😄 I love the design's Polynian vibes and am looking forward to seeing more!

Robot loving crew unite!! What were the chances on that one, huh? 

I'm excited for this project, so tysm for helping me start it! I have so many ideas for how I'm going to set about making all of the pieces aha