Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Amber

Hi from Houston, TX! :)

Amber

My name is Amber, and I'm 20. I currently live in Houston, but I will soon be moving to Louisiana. My whole family lives there, and I am going to go back.

I will be getting my first BJD ever in a few days... Hopefully along with some clothes I purchased from Volks' Dolls Party 24 Regular Items that I ordered earlier today. Instead of getting a doll that comes with a faceup, and hair... I decided that I am going to attempt to do it myself. I bought a beautiful wig from Miruya, and I am very excited about putting my Dollfie Dream together.

I had been lurking around the forums and finally decided to join since everyone here seemed so nice.

My doll: http://www.dollfiedreams.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=218

Edited by Guest

fenrir z78

Welcome to the group. There are a lot people here with diff skills and knowage of dollfie dreams. Feel free to ask. With that said I think I will get the ball rolling. What type of DD and head did you order if I may ask plz.

baldylox

Another Southerner! Yay! I'm only a few states over, in SC.

Welcome to the board! Glad you decided to join up and start the adoption process!

Like Fenrir, I'll ask what clothes did you get and what DD setup are you planning to do?

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Welcome! Out of curiosity, which sets of clothes did you buy today? Oh! And what type of head mold and body type did you get? I have a soft spot for custom DD's . I also see you intend to do her faceup yourself . Best wishes to you! I hope to do the same for my girls as well someday .

Halcyon
I bought a beautiful wig from Miruya, and I am very excited about putting my Dollfie Dream together.

Hi, Arienette! It's a pleasure that you decided to join this site! Yes, yes, Miruya (vendor) has beautifully crafted wigs. There is a very high chance that I might even get my 2nd wig from there :D

If you could post up some photos of your DD in the future, that would be awesome!

Regards,

Halcyon

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

mitsuki

Welcome to the forum, Arienette! I can't wait to see your daughter when she is finished!

Amber

Aw thanks for all of the welcoming. It makes me feel special.

To answer your questions...

Body: Dynamite

Head: HDD-01 Eyeholes Opened

Eyes: Animetic Eyes / I Type / Dark Blue (RURI-KON) 24mm

Hair: http://www.miruya.com/goods_detail.php?goodsIdx=476&PHPSESSID=3653fd41329c7c1420ed0d102a947002

I bought the TnK - DD/DDdy - Loose Knit Dress Set and TnK/Akihabara - DDdy - ALNA's Everyday Wear Set (Striped Knit Ver.) My checkout was completed literally 56 seconds after they became available, so I'm pretty sure I got them and it wasn't an inventory problem. (Or so I am really hoping.)

Oh, and yes I will be taking pictures when she is completed.

mitsuki

She sounds really cute. I love those new ruri-kon eyes. I love those two outfits you chose too. I agree with your speed tactic to get them.

Amber

Thank you. I love them too. I believe when I was lurking you said you bought them as well?

I always liked the way that the I type looked, but the other colors (from the photographs I saw) seemed to be too bright for the look I am going for. But when I saw the dark blue ones I felt that they were perfect.

mitsuki

I like both the blues. The only way to get the F-type animetic eyes in ruri-kon is to get Natsuki herself. I wonder why they didn't release those as standard. I like the other types too, so I don't mind. The I-type are quite cool.

Amber

Maybe they will release them as standard one day. If they do, I would probably buy them. I saw a picture of Natsuki, and her eyes looked really pretty.

mitsuki

I love that color too. They are very nice. I hope they do release them as standard.

Nakitaninja

Oooooo..... your concept is gorgeous! I love the wig. I wasn't aware of that site and it's a super treat to find a new place with such gorgeous wigs, thank you! So nice to see you on the forums and welcome, welcome, welcome! *^^*

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

Aw thanks for all of the welcoming. It makes me feel special.

To answer your questions...

Body: Dynamite

Head: HDD-01 Eyeholes Opened

Eyes: Animetic Eyes / I Type / Dark Blue (RURI-KON) 24mm

Hair: http://www.miruya.com/goods_detail.php?goodsIdx=476&PHPSESSID=3653fd41329c7c1420ed0d102a947002

I bought the TnK - DD/DDdy - Loose Knit Dress Set and TnK/Akihabara - DDdy - ALNA's Everyday Wear Set (Striped Knit Ver.) My checkout was completed literally 56 seconds after they became available, so I'm pretty sure I got them and it wasn't an inventory problem. (Or so I am really hoping.)

Oh, and yes I will be taking pictures when she is completed.

You're welcome . She sounds so cool and her clothes, eyes and wig look terrific! Can't wait to see those pictures when she's completed!!

baldylox

I just saw your list of what you bought and your plans for your new girl.... congrats!

Your choice of an 01 head makes me really happy. My first girl, Manami, has the same head and you just don't see too many of them out there. I don't know why either because the sculpt is really nice! And Manami is also a DDdy so she will be similar to your girl! I can't wait to see how her faceup turns out!

That wig you linked to is so cool looking! I love all the curls and such, very neat.

And the clothing choices are great as well. You can't go wrong with the Alna stuff.

Good job on getting in there and snagging stuff quickly. I was there too grabbing lingerie sets and a couch. I think it took me less than 3 minutes to have stuff in the cart and then paid for. The website went a lot faster this time around than the last time they had a special sale. It's been sluggish and clunky before.

Congrats again on getting your girl's stuff. Keep us updated on her progress if you can!

Billy

Amber

My items should be here on Wednesday... I am gonna guess she will be completed by the weekend, or early next week. I will be sure to show you all what she looks like.

@ Nakitaninja - I'm glad I was able to introduce you to another site. I liked so many wigs on there, but the one I chose was my absolute favorite. I like how the buns can be taken off to have a more "mature" look. However, I really doubt I will be taking them off. I love them too much.

@ baldylox - Thanks. I really love the 01 head... I saw the pictures of it on the Volks' blog site with the tutorial for faceups. I thought the completed result was sooo cute. I never had another head in mind that I wanted. It had to be that one for my first DD. Glad that you got your stuff too. I had been stressing and worrying because I fell in love with those clothes. I could not stand it if I did not get them. When I was emailing Volks they told me about the site potentially going really slow... So I had to make sure I was prepared.

baldylox
My items should be here on Wednesday... I am gonna guess she will be completed by the weekend, or early next week. I will be sure to show you all what she looks like.

That's good news! I hope everything shows up on time and that you get her ready to go for the weekend!

@ baldylox - Thanks. I really love the 01 head... I saw the pictures of it on the Volks' blog site with the tutorial for faceups. I thought the completed result was sooo cute. I never had another head in mind that I wanted. It had to be that one for my first DD. Glad that you got your stuff too. I had been stressing and worrying because I fell in love with those clothes. I could not stand it if I did not get them. When I was emailing Volks they told me about the site potentially going really slow... So I had to make sure I was prepared.

That's great that you have the 01 setup as your first DD and that you knew you wanted that one and only that one.

I know what you mean about missing stuff on Volks. I had that happen to me before on their International site. I wanted a School Uniform for Yoko and had it in my cart but while I was inputting payment info, it got sold. I was so bummed out over that. But luckily I wound up getting it a few months later when Volks USA released it. But that feeling of loss sucked.

And the last few times I have gone for things from Volks USA, their system WAS very slow and sluggish. This time was great tho. No lag times, no slow speed, everything worked well for me. Glad it did for you too!

Billy

baldylox
I took a picture of my doll and posted it up... I'm not a camera person, so it's just a boring picture taken with my camera phone. http://www.dollfiedreams.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=218

Now those are some BIG eyelashes! She is very pretty, I think she turned out very nice! If she looks lthis nice on a camera phone, I bet she is stunning in person! Thanks for sharing her with us!

Billy