Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
MadQueenHarmony

Hello from over the rainbow!

MadQueenHarmony

Hiya everyone!  So, I guess it's obvious that I'm new here.  I'm Harmony, nice to meet'cha!  I just found this site tonight and have been looking around a bit.  I decided to join up after seeing a couple of familiar names.  Some of y'all might remember me from DoA, or both the Junky Spot and Dollieh Sanctuary forums as Ivory Stardust, if you were there around 2009-2011.  Here's a hint: my main dolls at the time were Zane & Quinn.

I was rather active in the hobby until 2013, when a major health crisis took me out of commission for a very long time.  I'm just now getting back into things with dolls, and it's a bit slow-going as I see that a lot of the doll sites I knew are no longer around.  Having to find new sites and relearn everything is rough! Haha!  

As to my dolls, almost all are currently resin bjds, but I do have one vinyl - a 55cm Obitsu body with a Gretel head.  Currently it's a male, but he's going to be transformed as soon as I can figure out how.  I'm also hoping to get at least one other vinyl, but I'm not sure what, exactly, yet.  I just love the poseability of vinyl dolls!

A bit about me: I'm a middle-aged, disabled, jewelry maker/designer and mama to far too many cats!  I have 6 of my own, all boys.  Two are grumpy old men, 3 are "teen" kittens (2 are 4 months, the other is 5 months), and the last one is only a month old.  We're also fostering his mother (also mom of the 5 month old), aunt (mom of the 4 month olds), and 6 siblings, but this little guy staying. The females and the other 6 kittens will be going to good homes after the holidays.

I can't think of what else to say, so.... Hi, and I look forward to meeting everyone!

• Like 2

Yesterday's today's tomorrow

Chilmark

That's a lot of cats! I'm glad you managed to foster the mom with the kittens, I can't imagine trying to take care of six bottle babies AND that many adults lol

Gretel makes a cute boy, but I can appreciate wanting a girl character, they've got more fashion options. Do you like more realistic or more anime-style vinyl dolls?

• Like 1

Akky

Nice to meet you! I cannot wait to see your dolls and what you’ve done until here because I was not so active on these forums until recently so I didn’t have the chance to meet them yet :( 

i loooove cats too ! I have 1 grandpa and 1 grandma and a little 2years old one ! Cats are the best even if grumpy haha 

• Like 1

MadQueenHarmony

Hey guys!  Nice to meet both of you! :)

@Chilmark, it IS a lot of cats, and they're all underfoot (my partner and I have a very small house), but I'm glad we have the mothers because I couldn't handle having to bottle-feed so many!  Gretel does make a cute boy, for sure!  But since I am totally redoing who my dolls are (they were the shells for characters I would RP a long time ago, and those characters are gone now), the doll needs a refresh.  Plus yeah, easier to find clothes as a girl for him. I *may* keep him as a boy, but probably not.

@Akky, you've not missed anything on my dolls yet, at least. :)  I haven't posted anything, since I just joined myself, and the dolls I do have are almost all resin anyway.  My little crew went through a lot of changes back in the day, then were just in a trunk for several years (Poor things!) until about 2 weeks ago.  Now, since the characters they did have are gone, I am basically reusing them for different characters. But once I have those characters in place, I will surely post pix!  Awww, grandpa & grandma kitty! <3  My grumpy boys are only grumpy with the kittens and mama cats, but are the sweetest boys when it comes to me. 

The story on how I got all these cats, for anyone who's curious:  I had my 2 boys, who are 5 (Draco) & 8 (Lachlan) years old, and indoor-outdoor.  A neighbor was moving away back earlier this year and asked me to take his 2 girls, who were indoor only.  He said he was going to just turn them loose outside otherwise, and I worried about their safety.  So I took them, planning to adopt them out to good homes.  What he didn't tell me was they were not fixed, and since my boy Lachlan isn't either, well... you can guess what happened.  Since they were pregnant, I didn't feel right adopting them out, so I waited until they had their litters.  The first litter of 5 was born in mid-July, but sadly were all unhealthy and 4 passed in the first few weeks.  One survived, and being the Miracle Baby, I couldn't part with him as I had fought like crazy to keep him alive.  That one is an orange tabby that I named Ichigo - because he's orange and a fighter!

One month later, the other girl had a litter of 5 as well.  The last 2 to come out were born ON my foot! (That was not pleasant)  Those 2 had their cords all tangled up together, and I had to cut them loose (also not pleasant).  But all that gave me a bond to them.  When old enough, the other 3 were adopted to good homes, but I couldn't part with these 2.  They are both beautiful medium-haired boys.  One is solid grey, the other (runt of the litter) is solid black.  They are Kakashi (grey) and Sasuke (black).  Sasuke is my avatar pic, and he is my baby!  He's also very sassy. lol

So, that gave us 5 we were keeping, and the 2 mothers.  I was trying to find them homes when I realized that the first mother was pregnant again (HELP!).  So, had to wait on her.  About a month ago, she had a litter of 7!  They're all doing great, and are very cute... but I'm becoming rather attached to one of them, a cinnamon-colored little boy (again, runt of the litter).  The others, while cute, I am fine with rehoming, but with this boy it just breaks my heart to think of letting him go!  So, probably going to keep him, which in the end will leave me with having 6 boys total.

It's a LOT of work, all these kittens I've dealt with over the past half-year.  (Shout-out to all the parents out there, I don't know how you do it!)  I'm just glad it's winter so the girls aren't going into heat anymore for awhile, which gives me time to find them homes.

And that is the story on how I became the Crazy Cat Lady. 

Edited by MadQueenHarmony

Yesterday's today's tomorrow